Apple's iMac overhaul tracking for mid-to-late summer

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 171
    l33r0yl33r0y Posts: 94member
    Hopefully a DX9 spec card as standard and a DX10 spec card as an option on the medium and high end iMac - Nvidia of course!
  • Reply 162 of 171
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Someone says it is coming today. With two hard drives and two optical drives.

EDIT: and the CPU option sounds not credible at all. Options generally add cost, but going from a laptop to a desktop CPU would decrease cost while improving performance. Kind of oxymoron. I don't know, we will see.
  • Reply 163 of 171
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Looks like Macgeek needs a new source. I ain't seeing any activity at the Apple store.

Frankly, I'll be shocked if the new imac doesn't have the same cpu and gpu as the MBP.
  • Reply 164 of 171
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    i pray to god they'll do "the right thing" and make it a desktop cpu... you would've thought bigger screen sizes would although it, seems unlikely though
  • Reply 165 of 171
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

EDIT: and the CPU option sounds not credible at all. Options generally add cost, but going from a laptop to a desktop CPU would decrease cost while improving performance. Kind of oxymoron. I don't know, we will see.

I wonder what lead that guy to publicly ruin his reputation like that.
  • Reply 166 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

His love for reputation perhaps? He took the risk, now time to hide.
  • Reply 167 of 171
    drdamndrdamn Posts: 3member
    Quote:

I also thought it was strange as the poster has been on the forums for some time and is not a new user just trying to wind people up. Perhaps he has been given duff info by someone else he trusts.

Two optical drives made no sense, unless there is something in the Blu-ray discussions. An option for a standard read only blu-ray drive in the larger models to make it more of a living room media centre and make extra use of the 1080p screen?

The final point on desktop CPU's as an option in larger models. Being generous it could simply be that the desktop CPU is used in all larger screen models to reduce costs, i.e. not an option but a standard.
  • Reply 168 of 171
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

Given the first reply to his post, it doesn't seem like he had much good reputation to ruin.

He did have a lot of posts tho'.

my 2 cents: If there is, in fact a radical redesign iMac coming up, wouldn't there be some kind of event? Doubly so, if iWork and iLife were being released as well. So unless:

1) The iMac update is just an incremental bump, or

2) there's an event planned but invitations haven't gone out to the media yet,

it seems less and less likely that even next week will hold new iMacs, despite TS (speaking of tarnished reputations) predictions.
  • Reply 169 of 171
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    MacWorld is reporting that Apple will hold a Mac-related presentation next Tuesday, August 7.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/07...tion/index.php
  • Reply 170 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

MacWorld is reporting that Apple will hold a Mac-related presentation next Tuesday, August 7.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/07...tion/index.php

Yes, this is it. The special Apple event we needed. May I say... ***CONFIRMED***?
  • Reply 171 of 171
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

my 2 cents: If there is, in fact a radical redesign iMac coming up, wouldn't there be some kind of event? Doubly so, if iWork and iLife were being released as well. So unless:

1) The iMac update is just an incremental bump, or

2) there's an event planned but invitations haven't gone out to the media yet,

And, number 2) it is! I can't wait...