I made a music video that expresses my feelings toward Public School.

Comments

• Reply 101 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Lock. Thread. Please.

Yes. Please!
  • Reply 102 of 145
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    psh. you will be back. the internet isn't large enough to keep your unsupported ego in check.
  • Reply 103 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

psh. you will be back. the internet isn't large enough to keep your unsupported ego in check.

Thank you.

Will a mod please close this thread?
  • Reply 104 of 145
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    why? so you can make a new thread about how great you are when you come back?
  • Reply 105 of 145
    No. Keep it open. It's hilarious.
  • Reply 106 of 145
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Wow, so I just read this thread for the first time.

I've got to agree with Hassan; it's hilarious.
  • Reply 107 of 145
    xzeroxxzerox Posts: 10member
    After reading through this thread, I must tell you that your mother failed to teach you one important lesson about the education system. And that is working the education system.

The people I knew of high and "genius" intelligence kept up their gpa took the right classes and ended up with (many times full) scholarships to the college of their choosing. One friend came from a lower middle class background and ended up with over 100k in awards, grants, and scholarships to MIT by the time he finished getting his degrees from there. If you have the mind why not take advantage of it?

Instead of community college and playing piano at a hotel, why are you not applying to the film industry schools that studios work with and recruit from? You will get where you want to go a lot faster through that route plus you will know the ins and outs of working on productions of all sizes. Not just films made by some guy you met one day.
  • Reply 108 of 145
    It takes a lot of time and effort to ostracize yourself from nearly every Apple rumor site on the web.
  • Reply 109 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xZerox View Post

After reading through this thread, I must tell you that your mother failed to teach you one important lesson about the education system. And that is working the education system.

The people I knew of high and "genius" intelligence kept up their gpa took the right classes and ended up with (many times full) scholarships to the college of their choosing. One friend came from a lower middle class background and ended up with over 100k in awards, grants, and scholarships to MIT by the time he finished getting his degrees from there. If you have the mind why not take advantage of it?

Instead of community college and playing piano at a hotel, why are you not applying to the film industry schools that studios work with and recruit from? You will get where you want to go a lot faster through that route plus you will know the ins and outs of working on productions of all sizes. Not just films made by some guy you met one day.

This post was written by Lennon Aldort.
  • Reply 110 of 145
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,032member
    [QUOTE=thehellgate911;1240581]Um.. I don't know where you came up with that. I studied violin for several years with different teachers, including the head of the violin department at the New England Conservatory in Boston. I studied composition and theory with the head of that department there as well. I studied at that conservatory for half a year.

Half a year? My mistake, that translates to 1/34th of your entire life. So in that case....

Quote:

I was recently in L.A., where I had a tremendous success playing the piano at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I filled up the bar with people,

My girlfriend can do that too. Of course, she has to get a little naked.

Quote:

and women were handing out my business cards to the gathering audience while I played.

Did you pay them to do so?

Quote:

So on that note, i'll be out of here, and back to L.A. to launch my career! Thanks for all the input, negative and positive. Whatever you guys told me, it seemed to work.

Bye.

edit: oh, and i'll ask my mom why she says that I played random sounds on the piano at age three. Maybe I played random sounds in between playing bach and mozart.

edit 2: My biography on my website is completely true. Just wanted to clarify that.

Really...at age 3, hmmm. It's amazing how sophisticated those keyboards with the colored and numbered keys get now. The autoplay is AWESOME.
  • Reply 111 of 145
    xzeroxxzerox Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

This post was written by Lennon Aldort.

Umm no. Just trying to give him some advice but he will have to figure out all the things said in this thread out for himself. Especially if he ever has to compete with other musicians for a position and discovers his "genius" only passes for average and lacking in many technical areas.
  • Reply 112 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xZerox View Post

Umm no. Just trying to give him some advice but he will have to figure out all the things said in this thread out for himself. Especially if he ever has to compete with other musicians for a position and discovers his "genius" only passes for average and lacking in many technical areas.

Ah, my mistake. It's absolutely within his modus operandi to create a new account and comment on himself. You had one post, and i thought that that what you'd done.

There's no point giving him advice. He doesn't care what you or anyone say. If you give him advice it means 'you don't understand him'.

And you're absolutely right to put 'genius' in quotes. He's very good indeed at improvising pseudo-classical splurges inspired by film soundtracks on the piano, but he clearly doesn't know a thing about the modern tradition of piano improvisation People like Chris Abrahams, a pianist who's technically and creatively 100,000 times better than him, or Michael Cain or Egberto Gismonti, who will bite his poor face off when it comes to composition, or Don Pullen or Cecil Taylor, who did a number on the jazz tradition. But he has nothing to learn from anyone, apparently, which is why he's never actually going to make a difference.
  • Reply 113 of 145
    [QUOTE=SDW2001;1241231]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Um.. I don't know where you came up with that. I studied violin for several years with different teachers, including the head of the violin department at the New England Conservatory in Boston. I studied composition and theory with the head of that department there as well. I studied at that conservatory for half a year.

Half a year? My mistake, that translates to 1/34th of your entire life. So in that case....

My girlfriend can do that too. Of course, she has to get a little naked.

Did you pay them to do so?

Really...at age 3, hmmm. It's amazing how sophisticated those keyboards with the colored and numbered keys get now. The autoplay is AWESOME.

What am I supposed to say when you guys just tell me lies about myself and my life? It's insulting to me, and it shows stupidity and blindness on your end. You all like to just band together and agree on negative opinions of me. What's the point? They aren't true.

No, I did not pay women to hand my business cards out.

Yes, I played pieces by Bach and Mozart (and other composers), by ear on the piano at age three, with no lessons. Check my youtube channel for videos of it. I just put them up a few days ago. macgeek2005 is my channel.
  • Reply 114 of 145
    Aldort just convinced me, I am dropping out of grad school and isolating myself so that I can be free and pursue Grand Unification all by myself! I will succeed.

oh yeah, I was drawing Feynman diagrams at age 3 - beat that Aldort!
  • Reply 115 of 145
    I'm willing to say (and really mean it) that everything that anyone has told me in this thread has some truth and some value to it. We all have our areas of excellence, and we can always learn more in any area. Can we peacefully bring this pointless thread to an end? Will a mod please close it?

Thanks.
  • Reply 116 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post

Aldort just convinced me, I am dropping out of grad school and isolating myself so that I can be free and pursue Grand Unification all by myself! I will succeed.

oh yeah, I was drawing Feynman diagrams at age 3 - beat that Aldort!

Actually, I have proof of this - check it out

I think I even predicted a new four point interaction vertex-loop term. I think this was my first prediction (at age 3 mind you!) of a new supermassive scalar boson.

I have talked to some very smart people at CERN and they have invited me to go give a talk because they are very excited about the LHC seeing this.
  • Reply 117 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post

Actually, I have proof of this - check it out

I think I even predicted a new four point interaction vertex-loop term. I think this was my first prediction (at age 3 mind you!) of a new supermassive scalar boson.

I have talked to some very smart people at CERN and they have invited me to go give a talk because they are very excited about the LHC seeing this.

Congratulations. I explained relativity to my uncle at age four, and completed large multiplication tables, without being taught how, at age five.

But I don't care if you guys believe me or not. I just don't care anymore. The people in my real life know me, and they know who I am and what i've done. I couldn't care less if a bunch of random people I don't know on an internet forum believe that I haven't done what i've done.

That being said, yes, I did care up until about 5 minutes ago. I just stopped caring.
  • Reply 118 of 145
    I care.
  • Reply 119 of 145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Congratulations. I explained relativity to my uncle at age four, and completed large multiplication tables, without being taught how, at age five.

And now you post videos of yourself playing FILM SOUNDTRACKS on YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

You carry right on. You're going to be exactly the same as you are when you 48.

A warning from history
  • Reply 120 of 145
    Not if your warning proves correct...