Mac OS X 10.1.5 Released

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    if the super-savvy starfleet cant fix his computer, then i am *not* touching 10.1.5. good luck, man. <sigh>

i honestly dont need anything that's in the update, so why bother? i noticed that idisk has gotten a bit faster than it was 2 months ago, perhaps for reasons that have nothing to do with my mac. yeah, it's still slow, but i only upload stuff to idisk when i have some time to spare. has anyone had trouble with their ethernet driver and broadband internet connection as reported by macnn? that only gives me another reason to stay away from this un-update.

imac g4 800/superdrive/768 ram
  • Reply 82 of 88
    Okay, I just got the *strangest* panic last night -- and in the middle of several hours rendering a 3d animation... ARRRGG!!!

Anyway, I have seen quite a number of different panics in my day, but nothing quite like this. I figure it's got to be 10.1.5 related, because I wasn't using anything I hadn't used long before -- just running NetMonitor, Cinema 4D, Photoshop 7, OmniWeb, Mail, Adium, and MT-NewsWatcher. The usual backtraces splashed up, but towards the end it started looking really funky.

Can anyone make heads or tails outta this part? :confused:

[code]Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 5.5:

MTehmuo rMya ya c3c0e s1s4 :e5x1c:e2p6t iPoDnT (210,002,;0 )r

o

oWta : ixtniun/gx nfuo-r2 0r1e.m4o2t.e3 .doebbju~g1g/eRrE LcEoAnSnEe_cPtPiCo

n

DOepbtuigognesr.(p.a.n.i c )

Type

------------ ----

continue.... 'c'

reboot...... 'r'</pre><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 83 of 88
    StarfleetX,

Sorry to hear about your problems, but 10.1.5 has been flawless for me. I think that it may even have fixed that annoying iMac sleep problem (won't sleep or won't wake up if it does).

Question - how do I tell how long it's been since I last rebooted. I assume that there's a log somewhere. Can I do this in the GUI (command lines scare me)? Thanks.

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>
  • Reply 84 of 88
    [quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble:

<strong>Question - how do I tell how long it's been since I last rebooted. I assume that there's a log somewhere. Can I do this in the GUI (command lines scare me)?</strong><hr></blockquote>Yeah, there are several free tools on VersionTracker that can do that for you.

The CLI command is *really* easy, though. Just open the Terminal and enter a one-word command: uptime. Go on. Try it! It won't bite ya'.

As for me and my troubles, bah, thanks but don't worry about it. I survived the "Public Alpha" release and many internal builds between each GM so I am not bothered too bad by panics. It's just that I'd come to expect, especially after such a long wait, that Apple would have more carefully checked such a minor update before sending it out the door. Take a look through Apple's own forums and you'll see I'm not the only one having strange problems.

note: I use those internal builds on external drives and never as my primary OS. 10.1.5 is the first "official" build that I've ever had this many problems with as my main OS.

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Here are the things I can make out:

Memory access exception Thu May 3014:51:26 PDT 2002

(1,0,0) root xnu-201.42.3.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Waiting for remote debugger connection... Debugger Options
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Okay - here's a dumb question. How do I open a terminal window?
  • Reply 87 of 88
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble:

<strong>Okay - here's a dumb question. How do I open a terminal window?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Applications/Utilities/Terminal
  • Reply 88 of 88
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So is anyone having PostScript font problems? Starfleet X et al?

I feel like Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's day off! "Anyone, Anyone, Anyone...? Amerigo Vespugi. Who invented the whatchamacallit? Anyone, Anyone, Anyone...? Thomas Edison. Anyone, Anyone, Anyone?"

And OT but how many fonts can we have?