Apple unveils 24-inch LED Cinema Display

14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 184
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

I'm wondering if it's worth grabbing a matte 17" MBP and matching 30" Cinema HD Display whilst they're still around...

...if Apple continue down this path there probably won't be anything for me in their product line-up come 6 months.

I think it is. I see no reason to expect Apple not to ship with 17" MBP without the glass screen. However, if you wait until the new 17" MBPs and new 30"ACDs come out you'll be able to get them cheaper than you can today.
  • Reply 182 of 184
    doc362doc362 Posts: 43member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tim68 View Post

I suppose I should be grateful for the updates we got today. But I spent a lot of money last January on what Apple propped up as the best Mac ever. Are they telling me my $14,000 Pro won't work with their new line of cinema displays? Am I going to have to pay for the overpriced outdated Cinema Displays from '04? I'd hate to know I've been waiting all this time for a 30 inch LED display that isn't coming.

You spent $14,000 on a computer? I think you bought too much RAM from Apple. That's your own damn fault.
  • Reply 183 of 184
    doc362doc362 Posts: 43member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

I think this is a pretty cool idea, and the iSight/mic/speakers add to the value of the display, Apple Tax aside...

I can imagine a 24" LED Cinema Display paired with a fully-loaded 15" MacBook Pro, a decent USB2 keyboard/mouse combo, a set of the 5.1 THX speakers by Logitech and one of these little beauties holding the laptop; all making for the beginning of one fine Command Center!

Give me an AppleTV built into a 42" plasma display, a new Mac mini acting as a home server, a 1TB Time Capsule, a sweet little 10" Apple Touch tablet & an iPhone nano; my Command Center will be complete, gear-wise that is...

It sounds to me like you just want a bunch of crap just to have it. Lame.
  • Reply 184 of 184
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doc362 View Post

You spent $14,000 on a computer? I think you bought too much RAM from Apple. That's your own damn fault.

You do realize that you resurrected a ten month old thread to say that, right?