AT&T already sold out of launch day iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 41 of 190
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Last year Apple had to fly iPhone's in for weeks because they could never meet demand.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adl999 View Post

Is this a marketing ploy to limit supplies on the first day to ensure it sells out? Just to ship more stock in a few days later...

Considering that these iPhones are made in Asia and shipping takes weeks (by sea at least) to get them to the US / Europe / Australia etc., they are probably already in warehouses in the relevant regions.

It makes positive headlines if it does "sell out" but even bigger negative ones if it doesn't!

• Reply 42 of 190
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Why my iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

I know not as many people read CNet as AppleInsider so their public thrashing probably didn't have any impact on those that are considering either making a new purchase or upgrading.

There has been a very high number articles written on the poor upgrade path (Yes they signed a contract but Apple Users feel that they deserve better than a contract).

Apple & AT&T has very much to prove to all but the very Apple Faithful.

You can buy a touch screen at 7-11 these days and their are many very good multi tasking touch phones with great Android and HTC OS's, you clearly see the Pre as the only competitor to Apple.

The market has changed in a year and last I saw, BlackBerry had the number 1,3 & 5 spot. 25% of BlackBerry new contracts are consumer based not business related.

I'd say it's not the same slam dunk as last year and both the phone and OS are minor updates given the curent market.

I'm tired of you repeating this over and again.

I know you just love to bash here, but it won't work.

Despite what some think, the difference between the networks isn't as great as you want to believe.

Is AT&T the best? No, they are not, but they are ok, for most people most of the time, and even Verizon has its problems.

There are good reasons why both AT&T and Verizon are gaining customers at a good pace, and why Sprint is losing them at a good pace.

All carriers have about the same upgrade policies as AT&T. I got screwed twice by Sprint on upgrades, and I've got friends that had problems with those from Verizon, so don't make things up about that as well.

Verizon has a good network, but they suck to work with, and tightly control everything that goes on it. There is no way Apple would have been able to practically revolutionize the cell industry they way they have if they agreed to Verizons' terms. And if you doubt they have, just check all the other smartphones that have been released in the past 18 months or so to see for yourself.

If they began with Verozon people such as yourself would be complaining that the iPhone is the same as every other phone.

I know you want to create trouble here, but don't bother, most of us are beyond you.
  • Reply 43 of 190
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.

CNet ran a video review last week. "Why my iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

Until Verizon has a phone that uses as much data as the iPhone, we don't know bow well their network would handle the load.

Quote:

There has been a very high number articles written on the poor upgrade path

There have been many articles written about people complaining about AT&T upgrade path. From none of the reliable sources have I seen articles agree with the complaints. AT&T upgrade is standard across the industry.
  • Reply 44 of 190
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Warning! (off topic security/privacy alert)

Delete your browser History often as a web CSS exploit can read it. No Javascript required.

See here: (site may be overloaded.)

http://www.making-the-web.com/misc/sites-you-visit/

Back to topic.

Thanks .Now i won't sleep at all tonight.

• Reply 45 of 190
    This article shows one good reason why the iPhone is as important as it is, and why Apple has nothing to prove to some people.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/12/iph...ch-iphone.html
  • Reply 46 of 190
    Quote:

Apple & AT&T have very much to prove, especially now.......

I'd say it's not the same slam dunk as last year and both the phone and OS are minor updates given the curent market.

Groan. There you go again.

Either you'll be wrong, or you'll be right.

If you are are wrong, would you please shut up.

On the other hand, if you're right, you win, so would you please shut up.
  • Reply 47 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Verizon has a good network, but they suck to work with, and tightly control everything that goes on it. ...

As opposed to Apple and the iPhone. Kind of a lame argument when you think about it.
  • Reply 48 of 190
    Quote:

This article shows one good reason why the iPhone is as important as it is, and why Apple has nothing to prove to some people.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/12/iph...ch-iphone.html

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist. If I wasted my time I could come up with articles that don't agree with the assessment from very well thought of sites.

It's not worth my time as you are clearly will only accept an article if it's written to benefit Apple.

Not much of a moderator if you can't at least look at another point of view.
  • Reply 49 of 190
    Quote:

As opposed to Apple and the iPhone. Kind of a lame argument when you think about it.

You don't seem to have a real reply, do you?

I thought your entire last post was lame, as did more than a few others.
  • Reply 50 of 190
    Quote:

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist. If I wasted my time I could come up articles that don't agree with the assesment from very well thought of sites.

It's not worth my time as you are clearly will only accept an article if it's written to benefit Apple.

I noticed that in your wonderful post, you did nothing but post one opinion from one journalist.

Before you criticize, understand what you're saying.

I don't need to agree with you, and it has nothing to do with my being a mod.

Go on some other sites and disagree with a mod, and you're banned.
  • Reply 51 of 190
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

CNet ran a video review last week. "Face it the iPhone Sucks". The video review pointed the finger at AT&T and Apple for a poor network in many large cities and has recommended people to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon.

Link, http://cnettv.cnet.com/face-iphone-s...-50072059.html

Quote:

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist.

• Reply 52 of 190
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

I noticed that in your wonderful post, you did nothing but post one opinion from one journalist.

Before you criticize, understand what you're saying.

I don't need to agree with you, and it has nothing to do with my being a mod.

Go on some other sites and disagree with a mod, and you're banned.

Will there be a Seahawk Fan 3.
  • Reply 53 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Will there be a Seahawk Fan 3.

I don't like to have people banned for making dumb remarks to me.
  • Reply 54 of 190
    Quote:

I don't like to have people banned for making dumb remarks to me.

How about for purposely trying to derail threads? Forum vandalism, if you will.
  • Reply 55 of 190
    Quote:

You've done nothing but post one opinion from one journalist. If I wasted my time I could come up with articles that don't agree with the assessment from very well thought of sites.

To make you happy:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/23...g-very-strong/

http://www.infoworld.com/t/platforms...ing-iphone-458

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/20974/

I can supply a lot more.
  • Reply 56 of 190
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Well... we all do that at times.
  • Reply 57 of 190
    Quote:

Well... we all do that at times.

I don?t mean getting off topic. I mean purposely trying to derail the thread by using inciting remarks. AKA, trolling.
  • Reply 58 of 190
    Quote:

I don?t mean getting off topic. I mean purposely trying to derail the thread by using inciting remarks. AKA, trolling.

Maybe. We've gone through that at times. We've cut some people off for that recently, but they've also used abusive language. You know who they are.
  • Reply 59 of 190
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

Apple & AT&T do need to do some damage recovery after the outrage by current 3G iPhone owners.

Outrage? By people who were too stupid or lazy to read and understand their contract?

You know what I think? I think there will be quite a few people paying full price to get it.

I won't be one of them, but I'm also not stupid enough to whine like a petulant child with some overinflated sense of entitlement.
  • Reply 60 of 190
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

The person has the right to continue being a douche bag; and I expect them to invest in Palm stock if it turns their crank. I'm making money in Apple stock.