Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 21 of 223
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Well I guess we know who's getting laid this Friday...

\t

Yolandat?
  • Reply 22 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiscoNomad View Post

No I think everyone gets it on Friday. I talked to my UPS guy this morning at work and he said that they are adding extra people for the deliveries in the Bay Area.

So you are in the Bay area and you have a shippin.... well there goes MY theory .. bahstard!

I actually ordered it and was going to pick it up at the apple store (my order is still there), but I lost my ID, rofl, and they say VALID ID of which I have none, just an old Drivers lic. soooo I ordered it online through apple and figured I'd just have one shipped and some lucky guy would get an iPhone Saturday when mine went back in inventory. So my "official" order went in June 12th at 10am or around there.

*Goes off to hit shift click yet again*
  • Reply 23 of 223
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

So you are in the Bay area and you have a shippin.... well there goes MY theory .. bahstard!

I actually ordered it and was going to pick it up at the apple store (my order is still there), but I lost my ID, rofl, and they say VALID ID of which I have none, just an old Drivers lic. soooo I ordered it online through apple and figured I'd just have one shipped and some lucky guy would get an iPhone Saturday when mine went back in inventory. So my "official" order went in June 12th at 10am or around there.

*Goes off to hit shift click yet again*

I'm going to the Apple Store so that I can pickup my pre-ordered 3Gs, and flaunt it over the people standing in the line of folks that didn't pre-order, and that are hoping the supply lasts until it's their turn.
  • Reply 24 of 223
    isamdcisamdc Posts: 4member
    Quote:

I have a feeling, more like a CUNNING PLAN, no ok it's a feeling, that they are processing East Coast orders first due to longer shipping times.

This is HILARIOUS!!!
  • Reply 25 of 223
    I got a tracking number on my notification email. I did pay for expidited shipping, though if they're all arriving Friday, that's a wasted couple bucks.

To Quote Spongebob Squarepants, I'm ready, I'm ready!
  • Reply 26 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cczaphod View Post

To Quote Spongebob Squarepants, I'm ready, I'm ready!

Actually, isn't it: "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready edy edy..." (So my 10-year old tells me).
  • Reply 27 of 223
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Actually, isn't it: "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready edy edy..." (So my 10-year old tells me).

Uh huh,,, yeah sure.
  • Reply 28 of 223
    when you order online why is the tax 50 and 60 dollars??? is this including the activation fee or something... this is the only thing that stopped me from buying last week
  • Reply 29 of 223
    Quote:

I have a feeling, more like a CUNNING PLAN, no ok it's a feeling, that they are processing East Coast orders first due to longer shipping times.

Would people that get their numbers post East, Central or West coast so we can see if I'm pretty smart at figuring out the obvious or I'm a blathering idiot? (or a little of both)

I'm cali and still no tracking number.

I am in the pacific northwest and my iPhone shipped this morning (I have a tracking number and it's been picked up by UPS) so I don't think they're shipping by distance, probably first orders are filled first. I ordered mine right after they announced the new iPhone and made ordering available online last Monday.

SHENZHEN, CN 06/15/2009 9:08 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

By the way, my credit card has not been charged yet, though the hold has been placed on the charge amount, will probably show up tomorrow.
  • Reply 30 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirtyfish86 View Post

when you order online why is the tax 50 and 60 dollars??? is this including the activation fee or something... this is the only thing that stopped me from buying last week

Nope you get to pay the unbundled price for the phone, so the 299 is really 700 when figuring the taxes

In ca I paid 61.17
  • Reply 31 of 223
    Quote:

Nope you get to pay the unbundled price for the phone, so the 299 is really 700 when figuring the taxes

In ca I paid 61.17

I only paid tax on the subsidized amount. 6% on 299.99.
  • Reply 32 of 223
    jschuurjschuur Posts: 7member
    FWIW, I live in SoCal, ordered mine on Apple.com at 11 AM on Wednesday, it's listed as 'Prepared for shipment', but no tracking number yet.
  • Reply 33 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post

My Governor can beat up your Governor.
  • Reply 34 of 223
    Quote:

My Governor can beat up your Governor.

We have a balanced budget....and haven't touch our rainy day fund.
  • Reply 35 of 223
    so if i order today will i even get it on friday
  • Reply 36 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirtyfish86 View Post

so if i order today will i even get it on friday

According to the Apple website: "Pre-order now and get it June 19. Free shipping."
  • Reply 37 of 223
    alleymonalleymon Posts: 20member
    I pre-ordered mine from AT&T on Tuesday 11:28 pacific and have not received a "Shipped" email yet. Anyone ordered later than me and received a "Shipped" email?
  • Reply 38 of 223
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    on HowardForums people who ordered from AT&T are saying they got shipment notifications. when i ordered a 3G for my wife a few months ago i didn't get a tracking # until after I received the phone
  • Reply 39 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alleymon View Post

I pre-ordered mine from AT&T on Tuesday 11:28 pacific and have not received a "Shipped" email yet. Anyone ordered later than me and received a "Shipped" email?

My friend ordered from ATT and said that he has a tracking number but the shipment status (as of this morning) is still "In Progress". The tracking number is not recognized by UPS so it hasn't been picked up yet.
  • Reply 40 of 223
    mjimji Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post

How did you manage that?