Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 41 of 223
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    I order mine today.

Last Wednesday I "reserved" one online to pick up at my local apple store. Today I found out that the "pre order" at a local apple store means crap and you still need to wait and line and there no guarantee of even getting one.

The order today still says delivered by June 19th! so I hope i get it, going on vacation next week so I will be screwed if it doesn't come Friday!
  • Reply 42 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mji View Post

How did you manage that?

If you click the tax link on your order, it shows the states that require you to pay tax on the unbundled amount, CA just happens to be one of them, there are only 5 states that do this I believe .

And still no tracking number
  • Reply 43 of 223
    oneaburnsoneaburns Posts: 354member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peteo View Post

I order mine today.

Last Wednesday I "reserved" one online to pick up at my local apple store. Today I found out that the "pre order" at a local apple store means crap and you still need to wait and line and there no guarantee of even getting one.

The order today still says delivered by June 19th! so I hope i get it, going on vacation next week so I will be screwed if it doesn't come Friday!

It means you can get in the reserved line at 8am rather than everyone else who has to wait until 10am. And if that store has let you reserve it they should have it in stock.
  • Reply 44 of 223
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

It means you can get in the reserved line at 8am rather than everyone else who has to wait until 10am. And if that store has let you reserve it they should have it in stock.

Well in theory you would think that. If you read the fine print when you are reserving for in store pickup it says at the bottom this lovely statement:

* Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis

So yeah that sucks.
  • Reply 45 of 223
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdb8167 View Post

My order status says, "Prepared for shipment" but my credit card hasn't been charged and I haven't received a notice of shipment yet. Maybe by the end of the day/

I have had an authorization on my card of $300 + tax since the 9th, and as of today it's gone.
  • Reply 46 of 223
    domenicdomenic Posts: 1member
    I pre-ordered my new 3G S from the AT&T ?premier ? web site last Tuesday the 9th so that I could get my corp discount. I also received free next day shipping to my home with the deal.

I called the 800 number and the CSR (typical drone) said that they would not actually ship the phone until after the 19th? Does this sound right or do you folks think they may actually ship on this Thursday the 18th so I could get it on the 19th. What good is free next day delivery on a Friday if I won?t get it until Monday, too late for father?s day none the less?

Does anyone here think that AT&T may ship earlier? Is Apple supplying them product before hand for fulfillment?

DOM
  • Reply 47 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peteo View Post

Well in theory you would think that. If you read the fine print when you are reserving for in store pickup it says at the bottom this lovely statement:

* Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis

So yeah that sucks.

Why does that suck...I mean its freaking logical. If you don't have a physical address and you need to wait in line for some reason then I wouldn't expect every Apple Store to have pre-reserved inventory for everyone out there...I think that would take way more time then processing a line full of pre approved people. If you have means to receive a package then just order the phone online (free shipping mind you) and get it without ever leaving your house...how does that suck??? It doesn't, its brilliant.
  • Reply 48 of 223
    Ordered one June 9th early afternoon. Shows prepared for shipment but no tracking number yet. Ordered another this afternoon. #2 says will deliver June 19th.
  • Reply 49 of 223
    juanitojuanito Posts: 14member
    I'm from south texas and I pre-ordered mine through apple on thursday afternoon. I was eligible for upgrade since I've had a 1st gen since day one. Got an email with shipment notification at 8:35 AM monday morning. Tracking shows origin scan at shenzhen around noon local time (11PM central sunday the 14th). Don't know why earlier preorders haven't received their numbers.
  • Reply 50 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    YES!! Me so HAPPY

We wanted to let you know that your order has shipped. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments with no additional shipping charges. All shipments except those delivered by the U.S. Postal Service require a signature on receipt. Visit Order Status to track or pre-sign for your shipment. If you'd like to request a return, print an invoice or view your account history, please log in to Your Account.
  • Reply 51 of 223
    clcookclcook Posts: 6member
    Mine has shipped. According to UPS, the scheduled delivery day in Los Angeles, CA is 6/17/2009. I have a feeling that I'll actually be on the 18th or 19th, though.

Either way -- mine has shipped! I ordered a few hours after it was available.

CC
  • Reply 52 of 223
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CLCook View Post

Mine has shipped. According to UPS, the scheduled delivery day in Los Angeles, CA is 6/17/2009. I have a feeling that I'll actually be on the 18th or 19th, though.

CC

I?m thinking that last year UPS held the packages at their DCs until the delivery date, but I am not certain.
  • Reply 53 of 223
    tomkarltomkarl Posts: 239member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CLCook View Post

CC

+1 here, except it's Phoenix, not LA. I'm hoping for the 17th but am trying to temper my anticipation since I've been promised only the 19th.

They may have sent the pre orders out early to try and stagger out the activations. <-- Wishful thinking.
  • Reply 54 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I?m thinking that last year UPS held the packages at their DCs until the delivery date, but I am not certain.

Killjoy
  • Reply 55 of 223
    seanoseano Posts: 1member
    Just got my shipment email from Apple. Ordered the phone online in the afternoon of June 8th and UPS claims a delivery date in San Diego, CA of 6/18. So I guess we'll see!
  • Reply 56 of 223
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    I just got my shipment notification as well with a tracking number and UPS says:

Quote:

Rescheduled Deliveryt 06/17/2009\t

Shipped Tot WEST ROXBURY, MA, US

• Reply 57 of 223
    gtroypgtroyp Posts: 2member
    I have a valid tracking number, and I also have a scheduled delivery for June 17.

I ordered within an hour of sales beginning on the Apple store, and used the free shipping. Since I was the proud owner of an iPhone v 1.0 (4GB) I am just a little excited!!

Yeah, I got an app for that.
  • Reply 58 of 223
    jschuurjschuur Posts: 7member
    Just got my shipment notification from Apple and tracking number. A little bit of weirdness, as the email says:

Shipment Date:

Jun 16, 2009

\t

Delivers by:

Jun 22, 2009

...but the UPS site for that tracking number:

Scheduled Delivery: \t 06/18/2009 \t

Shipped To: \tCOSTA MESA, CA, US

I'm going to go with UPS on this one. Still, this is faster shipping from China for free than I've gotten from some Amazon 3rd party shipments where I've paid. Go Apple!
  • Reply 59 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomkarl View Post

+1 here, except it's Phoenix, not LA. I'm hoping for the 17th but am trying to temper my anticipation since I've been promised only the 19th.

They may have sent the pre orders out early to try and stagger out the activations. <-- Wishful thinking.

In tracking the package this am, it now says delivery on 6/18.

It's going to make it hard to stay home and wait for it if the date keeps changing.

I'll see what, if any scans show up today.
  • Reply 60 of 223
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by domenic View Post

I pre-ordered my new 3G S from the AT&T ?premier ? web site last Tuesday the 9th so that I could get my corp discount. I also received free next day shipping to my home with the deal.

I called the 800 number and the CSR (typical drone) said that they would not actually ship the phone until after the 19th? Does this sound right or do you folks think they may actually ship on this Thursday the 18th so I could get it on the 19th. What good is free next day delivery on a Friday if I won?t get it until Monday, too late for father?s day none the less?

Does anyone here think that AT&T may ship earlier? Is Apple supplying them product before hand for fulfillment?

DOM

With AT&T we won't know till it gets here. I made the mistake of upgrading on the AT&T site and my order was canceled by AT&T and re ordered also by AT&T internally yesterday. It will be a miracle if it comes by friday. Anyway, Big mistake.