iPhone 3G S faster than Palm Pre; 500K sales "conservative"

Comments

• Reply 261 of 366
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I have no way of knowing just how prevalent the Pre screen cracking issue is, but I can't help but notice that Google searches all lead back to the same stuff on PreCentral. There doesn't seem to be any wider reporting, and the sense of a "growing problem" just seems to be more sites linking back to the same thing.

Now, if this is because there aren't that many Pre sites yet, so people reporting problems are more or less obliged to do it at PreCentral, I have no idea.

But I do know that if a bunch of people came here and talked about, say, how their iPhone volume button had broken, it would strike me as stupid if the wider tech press took that as evidence that there was a big problem with the iPhone.

And, typically, if it were an actual endemic problem with an Apple product there would be first hand reporting across multiple sites. To the extent I can even find additional Pre centric message boards, this doesn't seem to be a topic of discussion.

Like I say, have no way of knowing. But it does seem at least plausible that a handful of posters at a single pre site could undergo the magic internet magnification effect and suggest a big problem where none exists.

That's all very true. but considering the number of Pre's shipped, small numbers expand in significance.

Also, most people don't report to web sites when they have problems.

With the iPhone, if a hundred people reported here within a few days of the new phones shipping that they all had broken buttons, then that would mean something.

If Apple and AT&T charged most of the people $100 to get their phones fixed, not even replaced, then there would be outrage.

Do you doubt it?
  • Reply 262 of 366
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

If Apple and AT&T charged most of the people $100 to get their phones fixed, not even replaced, then there would be outrage.

Do you doubt it?

There is outrage that AT&T isn't allowing subsidized customers to duck out of their contracts. "But I'm a loyal customer" argument is the best!

I certainly don't doubt it.
  • Reply 263 of 366
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Ooops...
  • Reply 264 of 366
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

There is outrage that AT&T isn't allowing subsidized customers to duck out of their contracts. "But I'm a loyal customer" argument is the best!

I certainly don't doubt it.

That would be the standard response, unfortunately.
  • Reply 265 of 366
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

u

Front pocket tighness cracked screens.

POLL BELOW SUNDAY MORN

" No - still in good condition\t\t71.....\t 79.78%

Yes - but I dropped or bumped it\t\t2........\t2.25%

Yes - but I was careful with it\t\t16......\t17.98%[/SIZE]

so almost 20 percent cracked un usable pre phones

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-screen.html

SUNDAY NIGHT

View Poll Results: Did your PRE screen crack.

No - still in good condition\t\t87\t80.56%

Yes - but I dropped or bumped it\t\t2\t1.85%

Yes - but I was careful with it\t\t19\t17.59%
  • Reply 266 of 366
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

SUNDAY NIGHT

View Poll Results: Did your PRE screen crack.

[?]

That poll still may not be indicative of the Pre market as a whole.
  • Reply 267 of 366
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

3g s&8419

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Ooops...

You forgot to add the hash glyph between the ampersand and eight.

iPhone 3G S⃣
  • Reply 268 of 366
    There are almost 200 more posts about PALM PRE than there are about Steve Jobs having a liver transplant.

I can see all of you spent your Father's Day in a good way and tried to Bash the competition with a Poll from 1 site.

Pretty pathetic when you look at it from the outside.

I really hope this gets on my Google Page in the morning. It will show what narrow minded sheep you really are.

Current Count

Palm Pre Bashing: 268

Steve Jobs Liver Transplant: 98

PATHETIC DOESN'T EVEN BEGING TO DESCRIBE MY FEELINGS.
  • Reply 269 of 366
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Well, let's see what comes of this:-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/iphon...ation-3gs.html

No doubt this small number of issues will probably spread like wildfire.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I have no way of knowing just how prevalent the Pre screen cracking issue is, but I can't help but notice that Google searches all lead back to the same stuff on PreCentral. There doesn't seem to be any wider reporting, and the sense of a "growing problem" just seems to be more sites linking back to the same thing.

Now, if this is because there aren't that many Pre sites yet, so people reporting problems are more or less obliged to do it at PreCentral, I have no idea.

But I do know that if a bunch of people came here and talked about, say, how their iPhone volume button had broken, it would strike me as stupid if the wider tech press took that as evidence that there was a big problem with the iPhone.

And, typically, if it were an actual endemic problem with an Apple product there would be first hand reporting across multiple sites. To the extent I can even find additional Pre centric message boards, this doesn't seem to be a topic of discussion.

Like I say, have no way of knowing. But it does seem at least plausible that a handful of posters at a single pre site could undergo the magic internet magnification effect and suggest a big problem where none exists.

• Reply 270 of 366
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan 2 View Post

There are almost 200 more posts about PALM PRE than there are about Steve Jobs having a liver transplant.

I can see all of you spent your Father's Day in a good way and tried to Bash the competition with a Poll from 1 site.

I really hope this get’s on my Google Page in the morning. It will show what narrow minded sheep you really are.

Current Count

That is utter nonsense. Hundreds and hundreds of past comments have addressed Steve Jobs' health issues in AI, and most have expressed concern, sympathy, respect for privacy and so forth.

On the WSJ story re. the liver transplant, other than posting one's concern, sympathy, respect for privacy and so forth, anyone other than an oncologist stating (and even in that case, at best, speculative) views is being a complete moron. (And, there have been a couple of those).
  • Reply 271 of 366
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

That is utter nonsense. Hundreds and hundreds of past comments have addressed Steve Jobs' health issues in AI, and most have expressed concern, sympathy, respect for privacy and so forth.

On the WSJ story re. the liver transplant, other than posting one's concern, sympathy, respect for privacy and so forth, anyone other than an oncologist stating (and even in that case, at best, speculative) views is being a complete moron. (And, there have been a couple of those).

For the intersted Pre Bashers.

GOOGLE.

iPhone cracked screen.

There are only 831,000 hits dating back to 2007. A tad bit more than 1 Poll.

Utter Nonsense... I think not. Petty Bitching is more like it.
  • Reply 272 of 366
    Quote:

I really hope this gets on my Google Page in the morning. It will show what narrow minded sheep you really are.

Current Count

It does describe most of your posts though.
  • Reply 273 of 366
    Quote:

Current Count

So it's pathetic that we choose to talk about the market rather than gossip about someone's personal health?

Nothing more needs to be said than I wish Steve good health. Which I doubt he follows the site.
  • Reply 274 of 366
    Quote:

For the intersted Pre Bashers.

GOOGLE.

iPhone cracked screen.

There are only 831,000 hits dating back to 2007. A tad bit more than 1 Poll.

Utter Nonsense... I think not. Petty Bitching is more like it.

I'm not sure what the point of this is...clarify?
  • Reply 275 of 366
    Quote:

It does describe most of your posts though.

As well as you putting in your bashes and contrasts now and then to get the HIT COUNT up.

Way to stir the pot up for the extra advertising.

It's Palm Pre, BlackBerry, Steve Jobs PJ's Flash ads (way to advertise Flash & Adoble). Kind of Funny when you thing about it.

It's the same way on CNet minus the Stevie PJ's

So if you're a moderator can you BE A TROLL IN YOUR OWN SITE?
  • Reply 276 of 366
    Quote:

As well as you putting in your bashes and contrasts now and then to get the HIT COUNT up.

Way to stir the pot up for the extra advertising.

It's Palm Pre, BlackBerry, Steve Jobs PJ's Flash ads (way to advertise Flash & Adoble). Kind of Funny when you thing about it.

It's the same way on CNet minus the Stevie PJ's

So if you're a moderator can you BE A TROLL IN YOUR OWN SITE?

You don't know what troll means.

A troll is someone who in most of his (her) posts contributes nothing, but instead intends to get people's ire up. something which makes him feel good about himself.

That mostly fits your posting. The rest of us are allowed the occasional pleasure of bashing the troll.
  • Reply 277 of 366
    Quote:

The rest of us are allowed the occasional pleasure of bashing the troll.

And the moderators are allowed the occasional pleasure of banishing the troll. Hint! Hint!
  • Reply 278 of 366
    Quote:

You don't know what troll means.

A troll is someone who in most of his (her) posts contributes nothing, but instead intends to get people's ire up. something which makes him feel good about himself.

That mostly fits your posting. The rest of us are allowed the occasional pleasure of bashing the troll.

And I'm allowed to Bash a Moderator for an insulting comment when I get one.

That's pretty pathetic (word of the evening) that you would do it on your own site.

Get those ratings and stir up the sheep, that's what it's all about anyway.

I did notice one thing on this site as opposed to MacRumors. If you insult someone and follow it up with a SMILEY FACE, it makes everything all better.

And I don't need Sloppyism to tell me anything.

\
  • Reply 279 of 366
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    My iPhone 3GS screams...

- Love fanboi
  • Reply 280 of 366