Apple Hypes MWSF 2002

Comments

• Reply 761 of 1761
    mac tv box thing with ipod like remotes for info access WHILE you watch your ppp film/event??
  • Reply 762 of 1761
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]Why won't some decent rumors crop up!<hr></blockquote>

Check back in the thread. Tons of good rumors. Just not any good new rumors in the past day, that's all.
  • Reply 763 of 1761
    So we are talking Maya here?

Alias Wavefront has as everybody known recently made Maya avaliable on MacOSX. On their website they have put up some times not to miss on SFMW. One of those times is the Keynote. This means AW will get some mentioning at the keynote...

There is nothing special about mentioning 3.5 again, but if they have a demo of verision 4 it is very cool!

If Apple is serious about breaking through in the 3D industry they gonna have to have renderfarm systems (not just connecting the 5 macs in the office)...

What if we will se a rackmounted G4 ?
  • Reply 764 of 1761
    : ushes Thread Closer to 1000 mark::

I hope that apple can live up to all this hype.
  • Reply 765 of 1761
    I'm thinking Apple will finally release the long awaited successor to the Newton. Really. It will happen this time. I'm not kidding. Stop laughing.
  • Reply 766 of 1761
    [quote]There is nothing special about mentioning 3.5 again, but if they have a demo of verision 4 it is very cool!

If Apple is serious about breaking through in the 3D industry they gonna have to have renderfarm systems (not just connecting the 5 macs in the office)...<hr></blockquote>

ahhh...finally...someone who's thinking...
  • Reply 767 of 1761
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    "Full Speed Ahead: Lust Factor Ten".

We're leaving OS 9 behind (and good riddance, now that I've got nearly everything that I need in OS X.).

There is still the space/future spin-hype going on. Skycorp's prototype was successful and Steve will (somehow) demonstrate that and MAYBE pull the International Space Station crew into this.

Anyone know when Epson is going to release drivers for scanners in OS X.
  • Reply 767 of 1761
    It would be a little more than expensive to cluster Power Macs, though. :eek:
  • Reply 769 of 1761
    Holy cow.

Is there any substantial reason to read the last 7 pages of this thread? I have left it for a day or two, and good god! Could someone who has been regularly posting on it do a synopsis?

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 770 of 1761
    And just to help every one spin up a wee bit more, Warp Factor Ten (at least in Star Trek Classic) used to mean 1000 times the speed of light. If you take 1 Mhz as the speed of light....

Aries 1B
  • Reply 771 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by Aries 1B:

<strong>"Full Speed Ahead: Lust Factor Ten".

We're leaving OS 9 behind (and good riddance, now that I've got nearly everything that I need in OS X.).</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think that you are right, this slogan is just refering to Mac OS X as their default boot system...

I still hope that it is a reference to a major speed bump.
  • Reply 771 of 1761
    BTW:

William Riker took the 'Future Enterprise' to Warp 15 in the last TNG episode.

Aries 1B
  • Reply 773 of 1761
    I thought it was just Warp 13.
  • Reply 774 of 1761
    hey Strangelove....

this is why apple should release a rackmounted G4:

It will be the perfect fit:

altivec + rackmounted G4:S + OSX + Maya...
  • Reply 775 of 1761
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    [quote]Originally posted by Programmer:

<strong>

Most visible programmer Apple has, big difference. I doubt he has actually written code in some time -- at least I hope he isn't wasting his time writing code!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I sure as hell hope he is writing code, he is a brilliant man. The Mach kernal in OSX which is from NeXt is his.
  • Reply 776 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by myahmac:

<strong>please don't try to pul rank on me i'm like a star trek guru. they have hit warp 10 a couple times. at least twice through the voyager series and then when q was messing around with them in tng. and its not just 9.9 its really 9.995 under starfleet warp engines. and its been a while but i thought they hit 10 in episode four.</strong><hr></blockquote>

True, I suppose the point is that it is a much bigger deal than warp 9 and somewhere no one has been able to go in a controlled manner. I think this has gotten to the point that if we don't get blazing G5's then the show will be a disappointment no matter what. That is why we are getting blazing G5's. Maybe the 64bit is where no PersonalComputer has gone before. If its not a mobile product of some sort.
  • Reply 777 of 1761
    I'm still thinking the G4s have life in them in the Power Macs. G5s will come soon enough, but I'm thinking we won't see them Monday.
  • Reply 778 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by Toofeu:

<strong>

I think that you are right, this slogan is just refering to Mac OS X as their default boot system...

I still hope that it is a reference to a major speed bump.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And making it the default OS would cause all this hype? I can change my bootup OS to X in seconds. WOW. Big whoop. Only way I can see it being worth the hype is if that default OS was 10.2...but still that would not be worth THIS much hype...10.2 is something we all expect, and sooner rather than later would indeed bring some excitement, but not as much as Apple is throwing our way.
  • Reply 779 of 1761
    Why does the tagline have Full speed ahead: Lust Factor Ten?

They capitalize Lust Factor Ten, why?

Any significance?
  • Reply 780 of 1761
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    [quote] Fran441 wrote:

I'm thinking Apple will finally release the long awaited successor to the Newton. Really. It will happen this time. I'm not kidding. Stop laughing. <hr></blockquote>

God I hpe you're right!!

Fun.

NeilyB