Apple unveils redesigned iPod shuffle with speech technology

1568101118

Comments

  • Reply 141 of 341
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I'm sorry but this is really shitty. I have never been able to wear apple headphones, if I do anything other than stand still or lie down the damn things fall out. Since this is so reliant on earbuds and apple won't make any over the ear ones or put some buttons down the side of the body, I can never use one of these. And my ears are not weird shaped.



    And plus it's a wednesday. Wtf?
  • Reply 142 of 341
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    F'n sweet.
  • Reply 143 of 341
    Kids will buy this just to hear that superlative digital caucasian voice trying to navigate the bands and song names from the hip-hop and alternative music scenes. "For All My N****z & B*****s, Snoop Dogg." "Smell Yo D**k", Riskay. "Don't Trust Me", 3OH!3.
  • Reply 144 of 341
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,709member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pixelcruncher View Post


    Kids will buy this just to hear that superlative digital caucasian voice trying to navigate the bands and song names from the hip-hop and alternative music scenes. "For All My N****z & B*****s, Snoop Dogg." "Smell Yo D**k", Riskay. "Don't Trust Me", 3OH!3.



    This was my though when I heard the demo - if the interpretation is as bad as my GPS then you are going to struggle figuring out the name of the band!
  • Reply 145 of 341
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,035member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post


    So how about a remote cord for those of us who hate the Apple headphones?



    Get a life. No, really.
  • Reply 146 of 341
    ckh1272ckh1272 Posts: 107member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post


    Speaking song titles is probably the dumbest waste of tech I've ever heard of. They spent the time money and effort on that, but they still resist even a one line display?



    Oh, and a new bonus!! They've raised the price too!



    And doubled the capacity, added new features, and made it smaller!!! GEEEEZ! It seems like some people just look for a reason to [email protected]#%H!!!
  • Reply 147 of 341
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dueces View Post


    You are a sad sad person. You must take a shot of Apple heroin every morning when you wake up. Over the past couple months I have not seen you say 1 negative thing about any apple product of feature no matter how stupid it is. Only ridicule people who have legitimate complaints. Maybe if you keep up all the sucking, you can get a job sweeping bathrooms at the Apple campus.



    This is yet another case of Apple giving their customers exactly what THEY think you want, rather that what their customer really want.



    I'm still rocking my 1st Gen, 512mb ipod shuffle. The sound quality is better than all other ipods I have owned, it holds 8 hours of continuous music, and I use the thing every single day and have never even came close to making it through all my music. I use it at the gym and on my motorcycle.



    Well put. Bring the shuffle's sound quality back to standard, not audiofile, and not below standard.
  • Reply 148 of 341
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post


    The 2nd Gen Shuffle was great in my car with a cassette adapter. And now?



    Carry on using the one you have, you don't NEED to have the new model!
  • Reply 149 of 341
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tazinlwfl View Post


    1. three taps

    2. nothing, but its an overused icon that's been copied (and it wasn't a full blown click wheel, right?)

    3. incase you have songs that have long, similar intros (like some techno/dance). And remember, only if you hold down the button for a while will it even say the name... have you watched the demo?



    1. three taps to go to the previous song vs one tap on the old shuffle

    2. I did watch the demo and got confused by the end allready. The clickwheel is very straightforward and pretty intuitive. The new hold & press gestures aren't. It's a bad thing you have to watch a demo to understand the user interface.

    3. why would you wanna disrupt your musical experience by a nerdy voice



    oh god, first tabs on top on safari and now voice over on the shuffle. There must be a mole from Redmond in the Apple labs \
  • Reply 150 of 341
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post


    Not necessarily- but it would be nice if you had added what's so positve about this unecessary shuffle update.



    1. Double the memory capacity - 4GB - not pointless

    2. Mulitple Playlist selection - not pointless

    3. VoiceOver, great new feature - not pointless

    4. Smaller - not pointless

    5. Remote control on headphones - not pointless



    Now you may not want those features, but others will and in that case Apple will sell them.
  • Reply 151 of 341
    Anyone heard when these will make it to Apple Retail? I am the nerd in here. I want one.
  • Reply 152 of 341
    gmcalpingmcalpin Posts: 266member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr O View Post


    1. how do you go back to the previous song?

    2. what's wrong with the iconic click wheel? It's far more intuitive than the current hold and press gestures!

    3. why do I want to hear the name of the song if I can't write it down? read: what's the use of the voice over?!



    1. Three clicks.

    2. Nothing. Buy the previous generation.

    3. I have no idea what the first sentence even means, but YOU CAN TURN VOICEOVER OFF IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pixelcruncher View Post


    Kids will buy this just to hear that superlative digital caucasian voice trying to navigate the bands and song names from the hip-hop and alternative music scenes. "For All My N****z & B*****s, Snoop Dogg." "Smell Yo D**k", Riskay. "Don't Trust Me", 3OH!3.



    How did that not occur to me yet? That's awesome.
  • Reply 153 of 341
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gkorsgard View Post


    Anyone heard when these will make it to Apple Retail? I am the nerd in here. I want one.



    Well for NYC I found out that they will be in the SoHo store starting tomorrow. I guess it would be similar for the rest of the Apple NYC stores. Around the country in the US I don't know.
  • Reply 154 of 341
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post


    I'm sorry but this is really shitty. I have never been able to wear apple headphones, if I do anything other than stand still or lie down the damn things fall out. Since this is so reliant on earbuds and apple won't make any over the ear ones or put some buttons down the side of the body, I can never use one of these. And my ears are not weird shaped.



    And plus it's a wednesday. Wtf?



    Then don't buy one!
  • Reply 155 of 341
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Well, it's an iPod shuffle and the cheapest iPod. For example, the last I checked BMW 3rd series does not have specifications nor the luxuries of the 5th or the 7th series. If you need better sound and functions the get the Nano.
  • Reply 156 of 341
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr O View Post


    1. three taps to go to the previous song vs one tap on the old shuffle

    2. I did watch the demo and got confused by the end allready. The clickwheel is very straightforward and pretty intuitive. The new hold & press gestures aren't. It's a bad thing you have to watch a demo to understand the user interface.

    3. why would you wanna disrupt your musical experience by a nerdy voice



    oh god, first tabs on top on safari and now voice over on the shuffle. There must be a mole from Redmond in the Apple labs \



    Then don't buy one!!
  • Reply 157 of 341
    jennygjennyg Posts: 14member
    I had a chat once with a blind iPod shuffle user who bought it specifically because the video screen was, for him, totally useless. I can imagine VoiceOver being a _really_ nice addition in that case....
  • Reply 158 of 341
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post


    I'm sorry but this is really shitty. I have never been able to wear apple headphones, if I do anything other than stand still or lie down the damn things fall out. Since this is so reliant on earbuds and apple won't make any over the ear ones or put some buttons down the side of the body, I can never use one of these. And my ears are not weird shaped.



    There's always plastic surgery
  • Reply 159 of 341
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parky View Post




    1. Double the memory capacity - 4GB - not pointless



    Cost more so why bother.



    Quote:

    2. Mulitple Playlist selection - not pointless



    Again it's a shuffle- unnecessary feature



    Quote:

    3. VoiceOver, great new feature - not pointless



    For who- the lonely?



    Quote:

    4. Smaller - not pointless



    Another unneccary improvement - like the previous one was so big it got in the way of arm curls. It's the cord, if anything, that sould be elliminated - make it bluetooth.



    Quote:

    5. Remote control on headphones - not pointless



    And this is where your point fails. If it's madatory to have a remote control on the headphones to operate than it's a constricted device.



    Quote:

    Now you may not want those features, but others will and in that case Apple will sell them.



    Others buy anything and whatever Apple sells them- and your point?

    And you're missing the main point - the shuffle's sound sucks and that's what needed improviing.
  • Reply 160 of 341
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post


    There's always plastic surgery



    Now that adds new meaning to the term Macorexic.
Sign In or Register to comment.