Apple begins shipping first iPhone 3G S pre-orders

Comments

• Reply 141 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chrispo86 View Post

It's been "Prepared for Shipment" for 48 hours! Come onnnnnn!!!!

And my credit card hasn't been billed yet either...

I'm begining to wonder if it will really get here tomorrow.

Yea same here. It's just annoying that they aren't giving us any info about where our phones are. If they are going to be delivered tomorrow then they have to have left china by now.
  • Reply 142 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkoz View Post

Okay, so I just called Apple. They said that all orders placed ON or before Wednesday June 17th are still scheduled to deliver on Friday June 19th. So they must just have a crapload of phones coming on unlabeled shipments and they'll just issue tracking numbers when they're in the States. So, probably tomorrow. Phew.

I hope you're right!
  • Reply 143 of 223
    They must know something UPS doesn't then...because the last scan I got was that it's in Chek Lap Kok, HK.....import scan...meaning it hasn't left yet.

I did get the e-mail though that Apple expects delivery by the 19th.
  • Reply 144 of 223
    I just now got my notice from Apple that my phone shipped. It is shipping OVERNIGHT via FEDEX, not UPS.

Shipment Dates

Anticipated ship date Jun 18, 2009

Estimated delivery Jun 19, 2009 by 4:30 PM

Destination

PACIFIC, MO

Shipment Facts Help

Service type Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Weight2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

Reference 8093469697
  • Reply 145 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post

I just now got my notice from Apple that my phone shipped. It is shipping OVERNIGHT via FEDEX, not UPS.

Shipment Dates

Destination

PACIFIC, MO

Shipment Facts Help

Weight2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

Reference 8093469697

Oh, now that's interesting...

And I'm still waiting for mine to ship damn it!!!

The order status on Apple's website still says Delivers By June 19.

I sure hope so, that's the whole reason I ordered it online...
  • Reply 146 of 223
    Nick, was that the first shipment notice you got? as in you didn't previously get a UPS ship notice?

I'm wondering if UPS didn't screw something up and they re-shipped via fedex.

At least that's what I'm hoping....i haven't gotten anything from fedex...
  • Reply 147 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbradley67 View Post

Nick, was that the first shipment notice you got? as in you didn't previously get a UPS ship notice?

I'm wondering if UPS didn't screw something up and they re-shipped via fedex.

At least that's what I'm hoping....i haven't gotten anything from fedex...

bradley -

I thought I'd gotten a UPS notice earlier this week, as I posted a few days ago, but it turned out that was for the iPhone case I ordered, not the phone. So, yes, this is the first notice I've gotten from Apple about the 3GS shipping. I got this notice at 7:01am CST today, so just about 3 hours ago.
  • Reply 148 of 223
    Weird to me that your iphone shows up as .9kg.....via ups, mine shows up as .5kg
  • Reply 149 of 223
    Fun fact:

I got bored while endlessly waiting to see that my phone has shipped (which it still hasn't, grr...), so I decided to see what the layman's price was to ship something along the lines of an iPhone overnight from Hong Kong, China to my home in NY. Now obviously Apple has a deal with the shipping companies, but for any of us to go to FedEx and say, I need this to get to NY by 10:30am tomorrow, it would cost roughly $230 in shipping fees.
  • Reply 150 of 223
    [

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post

Shipment Dates

Destination

PACIFIC, MO

Shipment Facts Help

Weight2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

Reference 8093469697

Update, the phone is moving! It's coming from PA, not China! So I guess Apple had them shipped over and held in the US waiting for delivery!

Jun 18, 2009 12:48 PM - Picked up - MIDDLETOWN, PA
  • Reply 151 of 223
    At this point either UPS is no longer updating the tracking or i'm NOT getting the phone tomorrow.

They better not think that they have to resume delivery from KY on the 19th instead of deliver on the 19th
  • Reply 152 of 223
    Welp, mine was delivered.....to the AT&T store an hour ago.

So I guess I'll be there at 7am for the pre-order line to pick it up tomorrow. Yippee!
  • Reply 153 of 223
    Well, now I can't even get onto Apple's Order Status page. It just doesn't load. If I click the link in my email that should take me straight to my order's status, I get an error saying it can't load the page. If I go to Order Status in the Apple Store, it just hangs and eventually does nothing.

I think Apple ate my phone and they just don't want to tell me...

(A little disclaimer, my internet at work royally sucks, so that could have something to do with it, though everything else seems to be loading well today)
  • Reply 154 of 223
    Quote:

Well, now I can't even get onto Apple's Order Status page. It just doesn't load. If I click the link in my email that should take me straight to my order's status, I get an error saying it can't load the page. If I go to Order Status in the Apple Store, it just hangs and eventually does nothing.

I think Apple ate my phone and they just don't want to tell me...

(A little disclaimer, my internet at work royally sucks, so that could have something to do with it, though everything else seems to be loading well today)

same here, just copy and paste the tracking number from the email to the tracking page of the ups site (here: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track...&WT.svl=SubNav)
  • Reply 155 of 223
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustFrozen View Post

same here, just copy and paste the tracking number from the email to the tracking page of the ups site (here: http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track...&WT.svl=SubNav)

I would, except I don't have a tracking number yet. My order has been "Prepared for Shipment" since Tuesday... I just keep hoping the order status has changed to shipped and for some reason I didn't get an email \

High hopes I guess...
  • Reply 156 of 223
    Quote:

I would, except I don't have a tracking number yet. My order has been "Prepared for Shipment" since Tuesday... I just keep hoping the order status has changed to shipped and for some reason I didn't get an email \

High hopes I guess...

I was in the same boat as you, but this morning I received an email from Apple. It was around 6AM central that I received the notification, though the tracking information hasn't been updated beyond "Shipment information sent to FedEx."

Regardless, I think you'll be fine. I've been antsy, hitting refresh regularly. So I feel your pain, dude.
  • Reply 157 of 223
    adamiigsadamiigs Posts: 355member
    A bit off topic but amusing while we wait for our phones.

Someone that works in the same building as me couldn't wait for the iPhone, because he's a nub I guess, and he bought a Pre *insert giggles here*

He was all excited and saw me outside smoking so he came over to show it off, my first impression was "what a cheap piece of shit plastic phone", not being a fan boy I actually expected more out of Jon R. and his work. I didn't find the "swiping the deck" to be all that great, the "feel" of it wasn't as smooth as the iPhone, then I realized the screen was some kind of plastic, *insert more giggles*.

While looking at the phone I noticed some screen discoloration, which the owner seemed to have missed, when I asked him about it his first answer was "nah you're crazy let me see it", after inspecting his phone for about 10 seconds his second comment was "WTF $(#$" ROFL

I did some reading and seems that there is a rather large number of Pre phones that have this issue, the best guess so far is it's caused by heat, over use (which heats up the phone), or charging them which turns it into a blazing hot piece of metal and plastic that reminds me of the old apple "laptops". There are a great number of people that seem to be exchanging their brand new Pre phones at stores all over the place and to their credit the stores are doing the exchanges. He promptly had his exchanged btw.

I saw the same guy today and he showed me his phone and the screen looks like edward scissor hands had been using it, the guy didn't get a protective over lay for the screen and had been carrying it in his pocket and last night discovered that some coins or something in his pocket had scratched the hell out of the screen, he had the over lay on his "first" Pre but not on this one, sadly the stores are not exchanging Pres with scratched screens for new phones. I felt bad for him (not really) and just said, "Wow that sucks dude... maybe you can buff it out"

I know apple had issues with the screens in the first iPhone the grid being visible, but much while that was all taken care of, it wasn't a problem due to the phone overheating and affecting the screen, which seems to me to be a MUCH larger issue, and our screens don't get carved up by change and keys ...
  • Reply 158 of 223
    jkozjkoz Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grapeburrito View Post

I was in the same boat as you, but this morning I received an email from Apple. It was around 6AM central that I received the notification, though the tracking information hasn't been updated beyond "Shipment information sent to FedEx."

Regardless, I think you'll be fine. I've been antsy, hitting refresh regularly. So I feel your pain, dude.

Same happened to me, it was prepared for shipment since Tuesday morning, and at 9AM EST I received an email confirming the June 19th arrival and provided a tracking number. It just got picked up from Middletown PA, so I think everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. The tracking numbers should pour in the next few hours, I would hope.

Shipment Dates

Ship date Jun 18, 2009

Estimated delivery Jun 19, 2009 by 3:00 PM

Weight 2.0 lbs/0.9 kg

Jun 18, 2009 12:32 PM Picked up MIDDLETOWN, PA

Jun 18, 2009 9:01 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Reply 159 of 223
    Middletown, PA is my hometown...and for the life of me, can't figure out where the warehouse is that they're shipping these from.
  • Reply 160 of 223
    alleymonalleymon Posts: 20member
    Congratulations! You're now part of the AT&T wireless community in America—77 million and growing!

You will receive your new wireless phone in a few days.
    (standard template I hope since I should get it tomorrow since I ordered on the 9th!)

• Your new wireless number is: hidden

• Your shipping/tracking number is: hidden

To activate your iPhone 3G & service, you must follow these steps IN ORDER:

Step 1 – Charge your phone – for best results, leave your phone OFF (Is this one to stop some people from activating right away?)

Step 2 (for iPhone 3G only)

• Download and install iTunes (Maybe you should install iTunes way before this)

• Connect your iPhone 3G to your PC or Mac

• Follow the instructions in iTunes

Step 3 – Turn New Device ON & Make a Test Call

• If your test call is not successful, call 1-866-391-0749 from another phone (Was anyone really stupid to try calling from an iPhone that doesn't work?)

Thank you and welcome to AT&T!