Apple iPad owners report Wi-Fi connection issues

Comments

• Reply 141 of 164
    josh.b.josh.b. Posts: 353member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

I'm curious what will happen with WiFi systems as portable devices become more pervasive. Most WiFi access points can handle a maximum of 25 users; hardened ones like Xirrus will do up to 64 per radio, and things like the Airport Express can only do 5-6.

I thought that WiFi routers could connect up to 256 devices? Am I incorrect?

25 users? Is that a DHCP issue?
  • Reply 142 of 164
    moosomooso Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

Yes because unless you fall in line with fawning adoration at everything Apple does and releases you are a troll.

If you can deny there's been a marked decline in quality control at Apple over the past few years then your head is definately buried deep in the sand.

This has nothing to do with fawning adoration of any company. It is about plain and simple facts/common sense - and you choose not to answer anyone who has a valid argument. Only to consistently repeat that "Apple's own routers didn't work". If you honestly think Apple tested this device with their routers, and it didn't work at all, and they released it anyway, then you have your head definitely (sp) buried somewhere, but it isn't the sand.

I'm not privy to QC reports for Apple products (maybe you are), so it would only be speculation as to whether there has been a decline. But it would be educated speculation on my part - I have been using Apple products for 26 years (owning more than 30 computers and numerous iPods, iPhones, etc.) and I have no issue with Apple's QC. Maybe you have more experience with their products and can say differently?

Again, you keep posting the same statement, even though you have been given good arguments against it. So you are, by definition, a troll: One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark off such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
  • Reply 143 of 164
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doyourownthing View Post

your comment is very interesting! don't get run over by a car on your way to the bank

did you buy an ipad and get any wifi issues?

No I haven't rushed out to buy one, I will buy a 3G version once all the hub bub has died down and I've made some more money from the stock to pay for it with. I may even wait for the first class action lawsuit about its wi-fi issues, execute another trade or two on that news as well.

Probably buy it in Aug timeframe until then I'm using my MacBook/iPhone combo , I'm thinking of ditching my ATT contract in July saving me $90 per month and getting a dumb pre-paid phone just for calls support calls from the office (I don't have any friends to call - I'm a geek) and then getting a 3G iPad with $30 per month 3G data access plan. The only issue then is when does the 4G IPad come out , prob next year I assume right? Assuming there is a decent 4G access plan for the thing. I can still use my old iPhone on wi-fi when I need something really portable.

oh and by the way I bank/trade stocks online with etrade so I don't even have to leave the house. What do you think us geeks do ; we don't have any social skills just ask Steve Jobs he ain't human anyhow! Can't you tell he already died and been replaced by an Asgard
  • Reply 144 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by masrin View Post

Steve Jobs you are the most admired person in this universe.

Can you make the iPad to be used universally so that a person can buy the iPad in USA and travel to any part of the world and be able to use the 3G enabled version without any hassels of locked to AT&T or Contract etc.

Hope you are listning and release the next WiFi+3G version free of any locks or contracts and avoid jailbreakers,hackers and other unscruplous guys to misuse the world class iPad you delivered after hard work for so many years.

Steve Jobs is an ASGARD, Its so freaking obvious really!
  • Reply 145 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It really is asinine for anyone to think there will ever be CE sold without a single fault.

Silly iTroll, nobody here ever made that claim.
  • Reply 146 of 164
    [QUOTE=Mooso;1606046 So you are, by definition, a troll: One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark off such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.[/QUOTE]

By your own definition, you too are a troll. Cut it out please.
  • Reply 147 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh.B. View Post

Really? Please explain how, in any way, I have trolled.
  • Reply 148 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josh.B. View Post

I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.

I also have 30 years experience with Apple products, so when I say their QC has gone down hill in the past few years that is my experience. I could care less if you think otherwise. Your smug arguments to the contrary are not going to change my experience.
  • Reply 149 of 164
    Quote:

I'm sure he doesn't see it that way.

I also have 30 years experience with Apple products, so when I say their QC has gone down hill in the past few years that is my experience. I could care less if you think otherwise. Your smug arguments to the contrary are not going to change my experience.

Nothing smug about them. I was simply making my case. I stated what experience I had and asked if yours was different. Now you have answered.

Obviously we have different opinions. Look back at the conversations, though, and you will see that you were the only one making out of line comments. I simply argued my point.
  • Reply 150 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

Fix what? I don't understand what you think is broken. The pad sees what is available and offers you a choice...

my question for you is this, your neigbors wifi is unencrypted? I don't have an iPad but generally my MacBooks all connect to my router first because I have wep key already entered on my Macbook. It doesn't ask me to choose a neighbors because they are all WEP enabled. I assume you and your neigbors are open. btw can you tell me where you live so I can drop by and download some mp3's and snoop on your network please?
  • Reply 151 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mooso View Post

...Look back at the conversations, though, and you will see that you were the only one making out of line comments...

Right...so responding to a comment that wasn't even directed at you and calling me a troll is your perfectly reasoned way of arguing your point. And I'm the one making out of line comments?
  • Reply 152 of 164
    Does anyone know if it offers the same Wifi security (WEP, WPA, 256 bit encryption etc.) as the iPhone or does it add anything additional?
  • Reply 153 of 164
    Quote:

Right...so responding to a comment that wasn't even directed at you and calling me a troll is your perfectly reasoned way of arguing your point. And I'm the one making out of line comments?

That is how these things work. People make comments and others respond with their opinion. Oh - and by the way, go back to comment #70 - your comment WAS directed at me. You were actually the one commenting to me about a comment not directed to you. Once again you are picking the one little thing you want out of the conversation and making that your point to argue against (hence the definition I quoted). I made plenty of actual arguments - the troll thing had nothing to do with arguing my point (see the last paragraph below).

My entire purpose in this whole thing was to make my point that you couldn't make a blanket statement like you did - there are variables to the situation. You were doing nothing but shooting down the product and saying they tested it and let it go to the public knowing it didn't work.

And for the record, the first time I mentioned troll, I said you were trolling (I didn't call you a troll). I out and out said I assumed you were not unintelligent and were doing this on purpose. I still think that. Though it was not my intention to call you a troll when I gave the definition, I'll give you that one because I was careless and typed "you are a troll", instead of "you are trolling". I do stand by that, because by simply making the statement you did, multiple times, you were only asking to incite people, you weren't making an argument.
  • Reply 154 of 164
    Quote:

...by simply making the statement you did, multiple times, you were only asking to incite people, you weren't making an argument.

Opinion (plural opinions)

A thought that a person has formed about a topic or issue.

My opinion is that I find it ludicrous that there are reported issues even with Apple's own routers. I do not need to make an argument about it. I am simply stating my opinion, coupled with my personal experience which leads me to hypothesize that Apple's QC has gone downhill in the past few years.

Anyways I'm done responding to you. From what I've gleaned about your persona from your posts I'm sure you'll need to get the last word in, so have at 'er.
  • Reply 155 of 164
    Quote:

Opinion (plural opinions)

A thought that a person has formed about a topic or issue.

My opinion is that I find it ludicrous that there are reported issues even with Apple's own routers. I do not need to make an argument about it. I am simply stating my opinion, coupled with my personal experience which leads me to hypothesize that Apple's QC has gone downhill in the past few years.

Anyways I'm done responding to you. From what I've gleaned about your persona from your posts I'm sure you'll need to get the last word in, so have at 'er.

Thanks
  • Reply 156 of 164
    [QUOTE=pondosinatra;1606140Your smug arguments[/QUOTE]

• Reply 157 of 164
    This is my first Apple product and I have to admit that I'm very frustrated. I get a signal, then I don't. I've spent so much time trying to fix this. I'm concerned about scratching the screen too. Maybe I should have gotten a netbook that I can close?

This is starting to remind me of my last computer purchase, a Vista machine...
  • Reply 158 of 164
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    I had problems connecting to my FIOS router, to the point where I had to remove wep security in order to get it to connect, and set up new.

It definitely has weak range, which very well may be fixed via firmware update, as it has been previously with iPhones.

Other than that no speed or connection issues. Connects to a mywi device with no problems, and is very very fast.
  • Reply 159 of 164
    stevejrstevejr Posts: 11member
    this is why you don't buy products on launch day..
  • Reply 160 of 164
    Quote:

Thanks

You're welcome.