Robbery suspect killed in shootout at San Diego Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 21 of 111
    whozownwhozown Posts: 128member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Give that man a free iPad 2! I mean the security guard of course.

Ipad2's are so in demand that people are literally dying trying to get one.

The only thing that could've made this story better is if some scalpers were caught in the middle of the shootout. Ok, I'm only kidding about that scalper comment, but I'm sure glad that at least one of the robbers is now dead.

• Reply 22 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

The Otay Ranch??? Who was this security guard ? Buckwheat?

BEST COMMENT EVER!!! (since the last best comment ever )
  • Reply 23 of 111
    kwoot27kwoot27 Posts: 30member
    Just as an FYI....Chula Vista is about 10 miles from the SD/Mexico border. Most of the city is pretty sketchy.
  • Reply 24 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

no one deserve to die innocent or guilty..

No one? You are naive. How about child rapists or child murderers? How about defending yourself against attack? Or defending your family?

There isn't one thing you would kill for? Enjoy your fantasy utopia. The rest of the world will bear down and take care of business for you and your friends.
  • Reply 25 of 111
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Steve Jobs should personally call the security guard and thank him for putting his life on the line and for doing a great job of protecting the Apple store. Apple should also give him some sort of reward or at least a couple of free Apple products. The security guard should become a life long Mac user, if he wasn't already one.

Apple should also release a new game on the App store, where you play a security guard standing in front of an Apple store and you have to shoot at a whole bunch of wild intruders who are all trying to break their way in and snatch iPad2's! In the beginning of the game it would say, "This game is based on a true story".
  • Reply 26 of 111
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chuckmoser View Post

My thoughts exactly. You pull a gun, you are threatening to take a life if they don't comply with your demands. When the same perps get high velocity lead poisoning, I smile. The guard should get a medal and a new box of bullets.

The guard will be presented with the Harry Callahan Award next week.

"Go ahead, make my day..."
  • Reply 27 of 111
    bcahill009bcahill009 Posts: 163member
    Somewhere right now Joe Horn is smiling.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jqLie6-Y0
  • Reply 28 of 111
    Quote:

It is comments like this one that scare me. If armed robbers crash into a store or residence with illegal weapons with the intent to take with force with the intent to kill anyone in their way, they need to be met with deadly force. Not only to protect innocent lives from this incident but for future incidents this criminal will commit. I have no pity for those criminal scum when a cop or legal gun owner kills a perp because it is the perp who made the decision on his own to commit the act. The security guard killed him defending his life. Plus, it will save the taxpayers millions of dollars feeding and incarcerating that puke. Unfortunately we will have to do that for his two accomplices.

The only thing criminals understand is violence, and that means bringing that same amount or more violence to rid this earth of this scum. Life is not all rainbows and puppies; there is the need to save lives by taking the lives of the criminals who do not value human life over material possessions. I worked my azz off to be at a position to care for my family and give them what they need, plus the extras. I will have no hesitation at all to blow away any criminal who threatens them. So great job to the security guard! "sucks to be you" to the dead perp.
  • Reply 29 of 111
    s8er01zs8er01z Posts: 144member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 98RaptorTA View Post

It is comments like this one that scare me. If armed robbers crash into a store or residence with illegal weapons with the intent to take with force with the intent to kill anyone in their way, they need to be met with deadly force. Not only to protect innocent lives from this incident but for future incidents this criminal will commit. I have no pity for those criminal scum when a cop or legal gun owner kills a perp because it is the perp who made the decision on his own to commit the act. The security guard killed him defending his life. Plus, it will save the taxpayers millions of dollars feeding and incarcerating that puke. Unfortunately we will have to do that for his two accomplices.

The only thing criminals understand is violence, and that means bringing that same amount or more violence to rid this earth of this scum. Life is not all rainbows and puppies; there is the need to save lives by taking the lives of the criminals who do not value human life over material possessions. I worked my azz off to be at a position to care for my family and give them what they need, plus the extras. I will have no hesitation at all to blow away any criminal who threatens them. So great job to the security guard! "sucks to be you" to the dead perp.

This!

oh and f-body love.
  • Reply 30 of 111
    @98RaptorTA: Yes, my thoughts exactly. These people are pathetic. And like you said, what's even more pathetic is taxpayers spending so much money maintaining someone's worthless life. Yes, worthless. If you are willing to commit armed robbery for an iPad, can you be called anything but worthless?

Seriously, what kind of idiots are these guys? I'm glad one's dead and the other two arrested. We don't need people like that. :|
  • Reply 31 of 111
    recrec Posts: 217member
    I'm surprised that a mall security guard is able to carry a gun. Was he private security hired specifically by Apple? If so that shows that for whatever reason Apple was serious about protecting this store, maybe it was robbed in the past.

I have to also wonder if the shooting was legal. If the car was speeding away and he fired at the robbers with intent to kill, is that legal? If he was defending himself because they were firing at him from the car then that makes more sense, but I don't see anything that says that is what happened, other than the shootout was chaotic.

It might sound ridiculous but it's actually not. I'm glad that the robbery was stopped and these thieves were made an example, but I also want the law to be obeyed.
  • Reply 32 of 111
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by REC View Post

I'm surprised that a mall security guard is able to carry a gun.

I wonder if the security guard's uniform was blue? If so, talk about your "Blue Screen of Death!"

No empathy for armed lawbreakers, they are FELONS and have no rights!

So much for the stereotype of Mall Cops! Don't mess with them!

/

/

/
  • Reply 33 of 111
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

I agree with this in theory as I am not qualified to make decisions on death. In reality ...
  • Reply 34 of 111
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    wow... just wow.

When the depth of response to something like this is simply "if someone does this, they need to be met with deadly force", or a joke, you know things are bad. Stay focused on the symptom (crime) and don't bother thinking about the root cause (high levels of poverty, untreated mental illness, all combined with an armed population).

But hey, just keep building gated communities, private security armies, not daring to travel to certain areas of your city for fear of being mugged, murdered, or both, and laughing off the desperation you're surrounded by.

Personally, I can't imagine hell being a much worse place...
  • Reply 35 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

wow... just wow.

When the depth of response to something like this is simply "if someone does this, they need to be met with deadly force", or a joke, you know things are bad. Stay focused on the symptom (crime) and don't bother thinking about the root cause (high levels of poverty, untreated mental illness, all combined with an armed population).

But hey, just keep building gated communities, private security armies, not daring to travel to certain areas of your city for fear of being mugged, murdered, or both, and laughing off the desperation you're surrounded by.

Personally, I can't imagine hell being a much worse place...

Haven't seen much of the world, have you?

I guess you're right. Not counting the billions and billions we pump into welfare programs to raise the masses from poverty (which haven't done a thing), in the end, it's our fault, and these poor saps are just innocent bystanders to their own lives.

I guess if we just passed out a thick stack of hundred dollar bills to every armed assailant paroled, they would reverse their wicked ways and become pillars of the community.
  • Reply 36 of 111
    daylove22daylove22 Posts: 215member
    cancel
  • Reply 36 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert
    View Post

The Otay Ranch??? Who was this security guard ? Buckwheat?

REPORT 40 SHOTS FIRED!

It's not the Otay Ranch, it's the OK Corral!

BILL THE TWO SURVIVORS FOR THE APPLE STORE GLASS THEY BROKE DURING THEIR SMASH AND GRAB AND PUT A LEAN ON THE DECEASED FOR HIS PART OF THE DESTRUCTION!

/

/

/
  • Reply 38 of 111
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    USA:

5% of World's Population

25% of World's Incarcerated (i.e. in jail at any moment)

The USA has the highest total prison and jail population in the world. Wikip

Definitely not at the top end of safe places to be.

Safest times outside of your bunker: 8 am ~ 8 pm
  • Reply 39 of 111
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DCJ001 View Post

There's nothing to laugh about, or celebrate, when anyone gets killed.

And the peace-loving, bubble-living, sunflower-sniffers come out of their den...

The way I look look at it, those robbers wanted to meet their maker, and the security guard was happy to facilitate their request.

You passive crybabies would soil yourselves if someone pulled a gun in your face with the intent on killing you, left only to hope that someone would show up and pop a cap in their head first.

The full details haven't been mentioned. But in the line of duty, if an individual is in a hostile situation and his life is in danger, by all means do whatever is necessary to end the situation. The fact he shot him in the head was especially appreciated since he saved the taxpayers a lot of money. He should get a medal.

I wonder if the security guard was a moonlighting police officer.
  • Reply 40 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

wow... just wow.

Stay focused on the symptom (crime) and don't bother thinking about the root cause (high levels of poverty, untreated mental illness, all combined with an armed population).

Wow... just wow.

To not include among the symptoms that some people in this world are just really bad people!

Maybe if the government stopped coddling the citizens of this country to the point they think they are ENTITLED, then maybe (among others) Michelle Obama might, for the second time in her adult lifetime, be really proud of her country.

/

/

/