Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users

Comments

• Reply 241 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

seriously, i don't understand some of you.

if the software and the stylus are well buit, with a very nice not the application that could understand when we are trying to draw figures, referentials, etc, very good for notes during classes... wouldn't it be great? all of your class appointments in one device. perfect for school.

for writting a great stylus with great hardware and software would be pretty good. fingers aren't as good, that's why we use pencils and pens. what am i missing?

Maybe you don't realize the folly of selling people on a stylus on a tablet like it is something new, when they are already available as options for the iPad and other Android tablets. You can find tons of stylus options for both platforms. It was a really stupid selling point by Samsung is my point.
  • Reply 242 of 349
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nishanth View Post

Will apple retaliate with its own ad mocking Samsung

Why? As others have noted (no pun intended) this ad (and the other Samsung ads) are not mocking Apple Inc. nor its products. They are mocking iPhone users.
  • Reply 243 of 349
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ckh1272 View Post

Maybe you don't realize the folly of selling people on a stylus on a tablet like it is something new, when they are already available as options for the iPad and other Android tablets. You can find tons of stylus options for both platforms. It was a really stupid selling point by Samsung is my point.

Not all styli are created equal. The ones you're talking about are more pointed than ones finger but they are still capacitance-based which makes them much less sensitive than styli for digitisers. They also have no controls or HW features in the stylus the way the Galaxy Note does. For example, it can register pressure to mimic how a pen, pencil or even a paintbrush changes the ink's output based on the pressure being applied.
  • Reply 244 of 349
    removed!
  • Reply 245 of 349
    Love it. Hilarious! Far better than the smug, preachy Apple adverts!
  • Reply 246 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post

Insulting customers is better than insulting other companies? Okay.
  • Reply 247 of 349
    deleted.
  • Reply 248 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Too bad they didn't show anyone holding this phone to their ear. This thing is ridiculously huge at 5.3".. what's next?! 10" smartphone?! and a stylus?

The funny thing is, this past Friday on ABC's "Live With Kelly Ripa" I believe it was the NOTE they reviewed briefly in the show. One of the co hosts put it up to their ear and it looked so grossly huge! Then Kelly mocked it by grabbing her iPad and placing it to her ear too! It was funny.
  • Reply 249 of 349
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, it just shows how horribly, horribly wrong the idea itself i.

No, it's a brilliant illustration how good a parody can be. If anyone could predict what I would say, I'd stop posting and close my account, but that's just me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Insulting customers is better than insulting other companies? Okay.

I just watched the ad again, and I didn't notice any direct references to Apple or insults to customers. AI and many posters seem to be assuming things about this ad based on previous Samsung ads, while forgetting that the Super Bowl ads are seen by many who are unaware of Samsung's earlier marketing efforts.
  • Reply 250 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

No, it's a brilliant illustration how good a parody can be. If anyone could predict what I would say, I'd stop posting and close my account, but that's just me.

Yeah, thanks for the support. \

Quote:

I just watched the ad again, and I didn't notice any direct references to Apple or insults to customers. AI and many posters seem to be assuming things about this ad based on previous Samsung ads, while forgetting that the Super Bowl ads are seen by many who are unaware of Samsung's earlier marketing efforts.

• Reply 251 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bongo View Post

How short sighted. They are trying to build a brand, like Apple did a while back.

And to all the folks who have nothing but bad things to say about it, I have the Note. Its an awesome phone, all my iphone buddies want it, love it, always ask for it and want to use my phone now that they are tired of Siri. And yes, before the obvious jokes start, it fits in my jeans. I dont wear skinny jeans:-s

And just use what you like. Without actually even having seen it, let alone used it, lots of flamers up here. I love my phone, you love yours. Both iphones and Sammy's are excellent pieces of tech. All android and Apple fanboys, its getting pretty annoying now. Dont want to use it, keep your big sized fonts at home. Scream at yourself in the mirror.

Ok, besides sounding like an obvious Samsung-paid "social media shill", your personal anecdote about your "iPhone buddies" sounds fishy. Because it's not just your imaginary fanboys who think this product is stupid. This was the reaction from the web: http://www.informationweek.com/news/...ones/232600302
  • Reply 252 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post

Most people with a healthy self-esteem can handle the smug, preachy Apple ads

Better for you to stay away from them.
  • Reply 253 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

So Samsung didn't mention Apple or the iPhone yet you don't see how that was heavily referenced in the ad or that the ad wasn't attacking Apple or its products but it's lame customers who will wait in line for a clearly inferior product?¡
  • Reply 254 of 349
    7 pages of hatred, Samsung really got some twisted up.
  • Reply 255 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

7 pages of hatred, Samsung really got some twisted up.

You read all the comments and yet think they all spout a hatred for Samsung.
  • Reply 256 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amoled View Post

What instruments and how?

They didn't mention directly connecting to ipad when I saw them on TV.

iRig... I use my iphone and ipad all the time for recording. Educate yourself...
  • Reply 257 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You read all the comments and yet think they all spout a hated for Samsung.

Case in point.
  • Reply 258 of 349
    Quote:

Case in point.

Interesting. Where in my comment did I mention I hated Samsung or any of their products? The most you can infer is that I hate your ignorant comment... and you'd be right.
  • Reply 259 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Interesting. Where in my comment did I mention I hated Samsung or any of their products? The most you can infer is that I hate your ignorant comment... and you'd be right.

You fall in the twisted up group, my simple comments have you completely twisted up and sniviling. Using words like ignorant and hate to immediately personally attack someone. You may need to step back and take a breath.
  • Reply 260 of 349
    Quote:

You fall in the twisted up group, my simple comments have you completely twisted up and sniviling. Using words like ignorant and hate to immediately personally attack someone. You may need to step back and take a breath.

Are you gonna cry now because I said your comment was ignorant? You really consider that a personal attack on you? If you do go ahead and report me to the mods.