Samsung unveils quad-core Galaxy S III with 4.8" AMOLED screen

Comments

• Reply 181 of 262
    sensisensi Posts: 346member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hold. Not actually use. If you're already ON a call and holding it, yeah, that works. But they're not usable with a single hand.

I have no problem actually using the Galaxy Nexus and its 4.65 screen with a single hand... Will you tell me that I am all wrong?

• Reply 182 of 262
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

I have no problem actually using the Galaxy Nexus and its 4.65 screen with a single hand... Will you tell me that I am all wrong?

How do you reach the entire screen?

• Reply 183 of 262

Quote:

It's pretty terrible. And don't act like you're nine.

So I am acting like if i was "nine" because I am fed up of the constantly childish denigrating propaganda from some people here?

• Reply 184 of 262

Quote:

How do you reach the entire screen?

Yep, no problem, and I don't have big hands, they are 19 cm long. You get used to it.

• Reply 185 of 262
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

So I am acting like if i was "nine" because I am fed up of the constantly childish denigrating propaganda from some people here?

The abbreviated "shut up" and texting-speak "kthxbye" was to what I was referring. Your opinion, presented respectfully, is always welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

Yep, no problem, and I don't have big hands, they are 19 cm long.

That's not a yes or no question…

• Reply 186 of 262

Quote:

That's not a yes or no question…

Your question was how, I tell you that I have thumb access to every part of that 4.65 big screen with my rather tiny 19 cm/7.5 inches long hands, webcam shot demonstrating that attached to close the topic. :)

galaxy_nexus.jpg

• Reply 187 of 262
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Not for nothing but considering your site has so much Android news that those of us with RSS readers (among other things) constantly see Appleinsider stories on our feeds with commenters referring to us as **insert negative name/phrase/paragraph/lie here" a lot of us felt compelled to come to disspell some of the misinformation.

So these people are unable to remove this site from their RSS feeds?  How did AI get on their list of feeds?

There is a difference between making a dissenting opinion and offering corrections (which is usually fine) and making comments intended to provoke a reaction on the forum.

• Reply 188 of 262

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

So these people are unable to remove this site from their RSS feeds?  How did AI get on their list of feeds?

There is a difference between making a dissenting opinion and offering corrections (which is usually fine) and making comments intended to provoke a reaction on the forum.

A problem may be that AI -nowadays numerous- Samsung headlined threads usually degenerate into childish Samsung/Android bashing, while most long time yet moderate AI visitors like me don't really understand what Samsung last smartphone, and the following pavlovian bashing, have to do at all with Apple news. :)

• Reply 189 of 262
    platanasplatanas Posts: 10member

Preliminary charts blogged here: benchmarks comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 with Exynos 4 vs iPhone 4S with A5x dual core and estimates for the new iPhone 5 with apple A6 quad core published: We have got the S3 today just some hours ago and benchmarked with our own PlatIndex®-Suite. Details and methodology will be added later,    we think charts are more urgent in common interest . S3 seems not bad, but also not so strong on performance as hyped out.

• Reply 190 of 262
    anim8ranim8r Posts: 13member

@AbsoluteDesignz

I was responding to the story of malware installing on Android devices when sideloading. I assumed the replies would be threaded so I didn't quote the OP.

• Reply 191 of 262
    tunetune Posts: 91member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Why don't they call it Samsung-Voice then?

Come to think of it, I think a more plausible explanation is that it's a Galaxy S.  But it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt when the company has blatantly aped design language before.

Calling it S-Voice is a bit risky but a little bit of thought will tell you that S is in Galaxy S, as well as S is for Samsung. Then if you think about iPhone 4S having an S, it's LOL.

• Reply 192 of 262
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

XNsAVNneIfw34hK.jpg

(R.I.P. Andre)

I hear that his beer drinking ability was the stuff of legend. 

• Reply 193 of 262
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member

Quote:

It's not propaganda. It's an opinion. Either way, 4.0 ICS is not horrible, it just isn't good. Android is just bad software. It has been from day one, and nothing has changed other than the degrees of bad.

When you lack culture and vision, bad imitations is the end result. Just like Microsoft with Windows, and now Google with Android.

• Reply 194 of 262
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platanas View Post

Preliminary charts blogged here: benchmarks comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 with Exynos 4 vs iPhone 4S with A5x dual core and estimates for the new iPhone 5 with apple A6 quad core published: We have got the S3 today just some hours ago and benchmarked with our own PlatIndex®-Suite. Details and methodology will be added later,    we think charts are more urgent in common interest . S3 seems not bad, but also not so strong on performance as hyped out.

Cool. The brand new quad core S3 is almost 90% as good as last year's iPhone 4S.

(I would pretty much ignore the iPhone 5 since they don't have any idea what it will include.

• Reply 195 of 262
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Cool. The brand new quad core S3 is almost 90% as good as last year's iPhone 4S.

(I would pretty much ignore the iPhone 5 since they don't have any idea what it will include.

edit: yeah, upon some further research into the GS3 benchmarks, those numbers are definitely suspect and run contrary to what everyone is getting. We're going to need to know their methodology and weighing before drawing anything meaningful out of it.

they say:

Quote:

our Benchmark, the new PlatIndex® is doubtless a serious Benchmark, it contains not only the classic suites (GL Benchmark 2.1 Pro Offscreen, GL

Benchmark 2.1 Egypt Offscreen, SunSpieder), but also a couple of additional data & measurement methodology, including some in-house-developments.

If its based on those 3 benchmarks, then its going against what Anandtech is seeing:

46304.png

46302.png

• Reply 196 of 262
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member

Quote:

Right, where it will be hit ALL THE TIME by accident.

Certainly cant be any worse than the power button on the ipad

• Reply 197 of 262

Quote:

Originally Posted by msimpson View Post

I am the average american male height of 5' 10".

I find the iPhone fits nicely in my front pants pocket without being too large.  The screen is very readable.  I don't want to carry anything larger.

If I did I would bring an iPad.

Or I guess I could get some baggy pants...  that hang down and show my underwear. 

Im not an average american, but I am male and shorter than you.

I mentioend at some otehr site, yesterday I was wearing tighish jeans at work.  Not emo skinny legs tho.  I got my iphone4 and my office mates smasung s2..  I can fit them in the same pocket, at the same time, and its not that much of a concern.

If I pull out the samsung and put it in my other front pocket, the iphone actually protrudes more, because it is thicker.  

I don't know what sort of pants you are wearing, but perhaps move up to adult sizes?

• Reply 198 of 262

Quote:

They don't have any forums of their own. Seriously, there are Android forums, but they're exclusively help forums. I've yet to find a website for Android (or ANY of the individual companies that make Android devices) that carries the same tone as AppleInsider, et. al.

That could equally be due to the type of people who buy apple products, versus those who purchase other items, 

• Reply 199 of 262

Quote:

Hold. Not actually use. If you're already ON a call and holding it, yeah, that works. But they're not usable with a single hand.

Have you used one?  I have fat stubby fingers.  Galay note is usable, and that is waaay up in size.  The S2 is pretty easy to use with one hand.  This new one will be somewhere in between.

my iphone is extremely easy to use with one hand, but i suffer when typing in portrait.

• Reply 200 of 262
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member

I am very disappointed. One reason. PENTILE SCREEN. They SUCK. I wanted a Droid 4. Then I went to VZW and used one and the screen is all blurry. No waaay. 

The funny thing is that while I think the iPhone 4 screen is nice, it looks almost the same as my Droid 2 to me (which has SLCD). Although a little brighter and just a tiny bit sharper. I don't exactly have eagle eyes. But I can see PenTile from feet away, and it is absolute garbage. So many top of the line Android phones have PenTile these days. Maybe I'm unusual in my ability to see it?

If it has a hard camera button, AMOLED Plus, 2 gig RAM, or heck just AMOLED Plus and a sliding keyboard...that would be my ideal phone. Ah well. I may get a Note or Note 2 if it ever comes to VZ and if I can hack a qwerty keyboard into a case somehow to use with it. 

Samsung, very disappointing.