Microsoft rumored to build its own tablets to take on Apple's iPad

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 157
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldMacGuy View Post

It will come with viruses preloaded, and a BSOD as its default desktop wallpaper, no doubt. But, it will certainly be a wond'rous thing for the Apple haters to behold.

It seems to be even better thing for Microsoft haters around here...

• Reply 142 of 157

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm not really feeling those huge tiles on the screen, not to mention the disgusting colors which might cause seizures in certain people. The tablet might be useful for bulimic people though and they should definitely check it out.

Since I'm not a retard, I'm not in pre school, and I also have good taste, I will regretfully have to pass on this tablet, as I am obviously not part of their intended demographic.

What you said is pretty much the same as some shallow Apple-hater saying something like "Since I'm not gay, I will regretfully have to pass on this Apple product"... which would be just as lame, shallow and tasteless as what you said up there...

• Reply 143 of 157

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Now THAT would be what Ballmer will claim it will do... What they ship will be a wholly lesser product. Remember, MS always ships beta products. Remember the high failure rate of the early Xboxes?? Remember the blue screen of death, or the red ring of death? Remember the Zune and the Kin?

Remember, "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that?"

Just so, remember every new Apple generation having issues with screens, graphics, HDD motion sensors, optical drives, overheating, signal reception..? In a dynamic market like this, when sometimes being first is being best, this is normal, unfortunately. For me, it is much more interesting how is MS going to rectify problem once it emerges. Nokia did great job with Lumia 900 wifi problem, but then, in their position, Nokia hasn't got much choice but to suck-up to anyone they can. MS probably doesn't have to go that far, not to mention Apple who can simply say "you're holding it wrong"/

• Reply 144 of 157
    [RIGHT]And all those fun Vista launch parties. Now that was an OS to remember. [/RIGHT]
  • Reply 145 of 157

I am so laughing my butt off.  Since day one Microsoft has yet to truly do anything that could even remotely be mistaken for innovation.  They've been a copy cat since day one.  Or buy someone and destroy the market (remember Netscape/IE wars?). 

Have you ever seen them go out on a limb and create something nobody else has?

I can't help but wonder if their days are finally numbered.  I'd rather use iWork or OpenOffice over MS Office and I avoid using Windows machines like the plague.  Their browser is and has been nothing but a constant headache for web developers like myself, and the number of backdoors in all their software quite frankly give me the creeps.

Oh well.... if you want to torture yourself be their customer.

I think another poster had a great name.... ZunePad..... I wonder if it will also "squirt" like the Zune did...supposedly (never bought one... yuck).

Steve Ballmer.... Bill Gates..... despite your Billions you'll never be cool, and your ideas are LAME.  Great marketing has carried you far but I think the road is coming to an end.

• Reply 146 of 157

It will be the first tablet computer to come preloaded with your choice of over 3,256,473 viruses..... I mean Apps.  Will also come with the new face plant app that hears (and sometimes accidentally takes pictures) toilet flushes and automatically posts that you just went to the potty.

• Reply 147 of 157
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    I am so laughing my butt off.  Since day one Microsoft has yet to truly do anything that could even remotely be mistaken for innovation.  They've been a copy cat since day one.  Or buy someone and destroy the market (remember Netscape/IE wars?). 

Have you ever seen them go out on a limb and create something nobody else has?

That's not entirely fair. Microsoft's innovations have, perhaps, been somewhat limited given the size of the company and the money they've invested in research, but it's not true to say they've done nothing new. Kinect was actually a decent change from what came before. Surface wasn't bad, although they didn't find reasonable applications for it.

nikon133 wrote: »

Just so, remember every new Apple generation having issues with screens, graphics, HDD motion sensors, optical drives, overheating, signal reception..? In a dynamic market like this, when sometimes being first is being best, this is normal, unfortunately. For me, it is much more interesting how is MS going to rectify problem once it emerges. Nokia did great job with Lumia 900 wifi problem, but then, in their position, Nokia hasn't got much choice but to suck-up to anyone they can. MS probably doesn't have to go that far, not to mention Apple who can simply say "you're holding it wrong"/

Every new Apple generation had issues? That's nonsense. Oh, yes, every consumer device manufactured by the millions has an occasional problem, but that's what warranties are for. But your post suggests significant problems with every new Apple product - and that's just nonsense.
  • Reply 148 of 157
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

The problem is that the OS sucks.  Get a clue Microsoft.  

I don't know whether their OS sucks or not, but at least it's a quite different approach than Apple's.  If they had directly copied Apple, like almost everyone else has, we'd be complaining about that.   Frankly, I hope they come out with something that does work well even though the chances of me buying it are very close to zero.   You need strong competition to work against Apple's sometimes arrogant attitude.    

• Reply 149 of 157

Please God, let them call it the "ZuneTab" and boast that is the iPad killer.

• Reply 150 of 157

Duplicate.  D'oh!

• Reply 151 of 157

It's a bit dated, but I still get a kick out of this Windows/OS X comparison..

Can't wait to see Window's tablet "innovations", their other "original" products having done so well.

• Reply 152 of 157

Ugh...duplicate post...must be Monday.  Can't find a "delete" option.  Mods...hello?  Mods?  Anyone?  

• Reply 153 of 157
    timgriff84timgriff84 Posts: 912member
    I can't help but wonder if their days are finally numbered.  I'd rather use iWork or OpenOffice over MS Office and I avoid using Windows machines like the plague.
    iWork? Really? It's a nice effort by apple but is only really comparable to the free version of office in terms of features. So yeah apple may beat a product Microsoft gives away for free.
    Steve Ballmer.... Bill Gates..... despite your Billions you'll never be cool, and your ideas are LAME.  Great marketing has carried you far but I think the road is coming to an end.  This is getting as bad as listing to Obama try to make excuses for being an idiot and thinking his Marxist ideas are actually good ones that work.
    Now that's just not true. When have Microsoft ever made a good advert?
  • Reply 154 of 157
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    timgriff84 wrote: »
    Now that's just not true. When have Microsoft ever made a good advert?

I liked the Windows 7 House Party set. Those were almost as good as the "Martinettis' Performa" series.
  • Reply 155 of 157

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Oh I don't know, I think Microsoft has a few successful brands here and there.. Have you heard of Windows? Or Xbox?

I'm pretty sure the Xbox division has yet to make a profit after all these years.  You left out the most important franchise:  Microsoft Office.

• Reply 156 of 157
    richsadamsrichsadams Posts: 129member

Microsoft blazes new trails once again...

• Reply 157 of 157
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    richsadams wrote: »
    Microsoft blazes new trails once again...

Steve's looking down and cracking up.

Particularly at Ballmer's "intersection" quip.