• Reply 41 of 191

Quote:

Originally Posted by flippysc View Post

What's a watch?

This ^^ 

• Reply 42 of 191
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    But there are watches built better than a Rolex.

Having just had to fork out $800 to have my Rolex 'serviced' as it lost seconds every day and self wind was failing I'm not happy with the analogy either!

How about 'the Roll Royce v (name your own mass produced and popular car here)' then? /smile
  • Reply 43 of 191
    solipsismx wrote: »
    That's like saying that everyone who watches NASCAR races is a racist... wait, that one got away from me. :D

That's why I said "most" and not "all". You're athlete analogy was bad, people that study astronomy are astronomers whilst those that go into outer space are astronauts.
  • Reply 44 of 191
    Ok, the Roll Royce amongst (name your own mass produced and popular car here) then? /smile

FYI Rolls Royce is not a mass produced car.
  • Reply 45 of 191
    jccjcc Posts: 326member

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
    A better analogy would be the iPhone is like the Mac while the rest of the phones are like Dell PCs.

• Reply 46 of 191
    FYI Rolls Royce is not a mass produced car.

My bad ... My post had an auto correction error ... I typed versus and it came out amongst!

I intended ... Rolls Royce v mass produced car ... iPhone v Samsung ...
  • Reply 47 of 191
    jcc wrote: »
    A better analogy would be the iPhone is like the Mac while the rest of the phones are like Dell PCs.

You nailed it!
  • Reply 48 of 191

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWS View Post

No smartphone has ever been released that was built as well as an iPhone.

I want a stylish phone that is also built good enough so that I don't have to worry about dropping it. As it is now, if I am going to carry one all day, I have to get a heavy, thick case so you your .3mm phone ends up as thick as your old palm pilot used to be.

• Reply 49 of 191
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post

I hate it when anyone says the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 is not a new design. The look is not design. The look is style or appearance. The design is on the inside, where it all comes together.

hmm.. The look is changed too.

• Reply 50 of 191
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

Come on even apple fans liked what nokia presented with the 920. I think this shows how biased this person really is. I have an iphone 4s and just a screen size change will not make me switch.

Are you saying that people can't like 920 and prefer iPhone 5 at the same time?

Oh and the word is upgrade, not switch. 

• Reply 51 of 191

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Having just had to fork out $800 to have my Rolex 'serviced' as it lost seconds every day 

Well that's not so bad. My Watch loses a second every second.

• Reply 52 of 191
    galbi wrote: »
    So called "analyst"?

How about a fanboy in disguise using emotional language to generate views and publicity?

Bitter Fandroid who can't accept a positive review.
  • Reply 53 of 191
    Well that's not so bad. My Watch loses a second every second.

Haha ... but my wife's iPod Nano wrist watch is spot on all the time and cost $125 or thereabouts ... makes you think!
  • Reply 54 of 191
    swssws Posts: 44member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent View Post

What a crock! It's just a stupid iPhone, another in a series, # 5s is coming and then 6 then 6s etc.

OOOOO NO!!!

You CRACKED the code!!!! You must be a very learned individual. You have it all figured out. Now that we now the system, we can just go back to using land lines. You know. Now that we know the fix is in. . . .

NEWS FLASH. This is the best iPhone made. And the next one that comes out, if Apple does their job, will be even better. That's how it works. Apple sells technology. Not rocks. Technology improves. Apple makes money on improving technology. Get over it.

• Reply 55 of 191
    That's why I said "most" and not "all". You're athlete analogy was bad, people that study astrology are astronomers whilst those that go into outer space are astronauts.

People who study astrology are idiots and charlatans (though they call themselves astrologists). Astronomers study astronomy.
  • Reply 56 of 191
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

How about this...

An iPad amongst cheap Android tablets.

And Rolex works because there is nothing else in its class available in a phone.  Most are like the cheap $10 watches at the end of the rack at Walmart.

• Reply 57 of 191
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

...people that study astrology are astronomers....

Epic fail....

• Reply 58 of 191

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Nevermind the fact the iPhone 5 is more than a screen size change, what would make you switch?

A camera upgrade and a bigger ios update to the interface (even if it was tied to the iphone 5 specifically). Most of the new features I can get with my iphone 4s. I just updated my 4s to ios6, panorama  and faster picture taking I got with the upgrade also with passbook and the maps. The only thing that is updated is the dock connector , screen, and speed bump.  I do not do much with my phone really  pictures, text ,facebook and some games. Most apps barely even use the dual cpu/gpu  of the 4s nevermind the upgraded ones of the iphone 5.

I really wanted a bigger upgrade then a longer screen. 

• Reply 59 of 191
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member

Would 'a Rolls Royce among a sea of Fords' work better?

• Reply 60 of 191
    my iPhone 3G is trembling in my pocket :-)