Samsung calls Apple's iPhone 6 Plus a Galaxy Note imitation in new ad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 206
    sporlo wrote: »
    While I hate the attitude and tactics of this ad, it's actually pretty successful at attacking Apple I think. Suddenly Newton is right. It's one thing to add sizes for the sake of options, it's another to remove the smaller size and jump on the larger-is-better bandwagon wholesale.
    I feel Apple next year will release a 4" phone in the design of the iPhone 6. I think it's not possible at the moment to have a slimmer 4" phone without reducing battery size therefore reducing battery life.
  • Reply 22 of 206
    Oh the irony.
  • Reply 23 of 206
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Amazing innovation Samsung. You took an existing product and made it larger without any considerations to function. When Apple waits until they can do it properly, with system-wide enhancements like Reachability they are just late to the game.

Who in the world would possibly care about OS aesthetics, desktop class first party software, unparalleled 3rd party developer support, seamless interoperability with an ecosystem of devices, properly enforced app sandboxing, malware risks, business models dependent on the harvesting of personal information or the tightest hardware manufacturing tolerances this side of Jupiter?
  • Reply 24 of 206
    dunks wrote: »
    Amazing innovation Samsung. You took an existing product and made it larger without any considerations to function. When Apple waits until they can do it properly, with system-wide enhancements like Reachability they are just late to the game.

Who in the world would possibly care about OS aesthetics, desktop class first party software, unparalleled 3rd party developer support, seamless interoperability with an ecosystem of devices, properly enforced app sandboxing, malware risks, business models dependent on the harvesting of personal information or the tightest hardware manufacturing tolerances this side of Jupiter?

If you look at their Galaxy line resolutions and pixel densities there is zero consideration for year-over-year scaling and power efficiency.
  • Reply 25 of 206

I really wish Apple would do more to combat the army of online trolls (primarily contracted by samsung) that trash Apple with the most ridiculous bullshit over and over. I was following different trending topics on facebook on sept 9, and the comment sections were full of tired anti-apple troll-speak. The same, unoriginal stuff repeated over and over, including a bunch of "I love sammy" and "samsung's the real innovator" comments. It's really obnoxious, and it plays into people's natural inclination to bash Apple simply because it's the leader. 

Not to be dramatic, but this isn't just marketing as usual. Apple is being attacked, and its competitors are playing dirty.

It seems to me that Apple needs to answer back, to convey it's message more effectively, in a classy way, and shame the shameless samsung. samsung are already on the edge of being douchebags, all they need is a little push. And please Apple, don't try to chase samsung down the "cool" road with cheesy ads (like the bizarre audio that accompanied the macbook sticker ad).

FWIW, I still love the video Apple did with the black and off white shapes last year ("for every yes, there are a thousand no's").

• Reply 26 of 206
    The ad, the comments... comical. "A Galaxy Note imitation, really?" Can we really thank "Samsung" for larger screens? Are LG, Sony & HTC Samsung imitators as well? I have yet to see Samsung take pot shots at other manufacturers of large screen phones.

I'd love for Samsung to release 1st, 2nd and 3rd day numbers of Note launch sales. Also when have we ever seen Notes be on back order for weeks? It's obvious Apples numbers for the upcoming iPhone 6 must be making Samsung executives poop "purple twinkies," otherwise they would not be releasing the ridiculous ads. At the end of the day it's all about sales numbers and demand for the product. Clearly Apple products have a higher demand and resell value compared to Samsung.

For those Samsung loving peeps... Show me your numbers and I'll show you mine!
  • Reply 27 of 206
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Don't call it a Galaxy Note imitation, call it a galaxy note killer.
  • Reply 28 of 206
    I really wish Apple would do more to combat the army of online trolls (primarily contracted by samsung) that trash Apple with the most ridiculous bullshit over and over. I was following different trending topics on facebook on sept 9, and the comment sections were full of tired anti-apple troll-speak. The same, unoriginal stuff repeated over and over, including a bunch of "I love sammy" and "samsung's the real innovator" comments. It's really obnoxious, and it plays into people's natural inclination to bash Apple simply because it's the leader. 

Not to be dramatic, but this isn't just marketing as usual. Apple is being attacked, and its competitors are playing dirty.

It seems to me that Apple needs to answer back, to convey it's message more effectively, in a classy way, and shame the shameless samsung. samsung are already on the edge of being douchebags, all they need is a little push. And please Apple, don't try to chase samsung down the "cool" road with cheesy ads (like the bizarre audio that accompanied the macbook sticker ad).

FWIW, I still love the video Apple did with the black and off white shapes last year ("for every yes, there are a thousand no's").

That's a battle can't win head-to-head, nor should they engage. Too many borders to fight and real leverage. For example, how does Apple prevent Samsung employees from signing up at this site? The only avenue I see is to advance iAds to the web so even if it does become dominant and Samsung does create anti-Apple ads Apple can still profit. But honestly I don't think that's a concern for Apple. Let them through billions at weak advertising trying to stave off their dropping high-end handset sales while Apple makes billions adding more high-end handset sales with higher APRs.
  • Reply 29 of 206
    I am an Apple fan to the core but do not understand what appears to a lackluster new iPhone. Yes, I will order an iPhone 6. However I don't get why it isn't at least water resistant by now, or have a higher megapixel camera. The iOS experience is beyond compare and I think ApplePay will revolutionize NFC. I also want an Apple Watch to my surprise and delight. I just think there are some serious spec where Apple is lagging. An Apple phone IMO should blow every other phone out of the water in specs. I may be a minority but I don't actually want a bigger screen. I am buying for the NFC and after processing.
  • Reply 30 of 206
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Don't call it a Galaxy Note imitation, call it a galaxy note killer.

You said it perfectly.
  • Reply 31 of 206

If you really don't get this, do keep your day job, as long as it's far away from sales. 

• Reply 32 of 206

Samsung is toast and they know it.

The Galaxy Note does run iOS and does not have iTunes, iCloud, iWork, iMessage, Touch ID, HealthKit and HomeKit etc...

Nobody wants a stylus yuck...  Samsung is feeling the heat.

• Reply 33 of 206
    I was waiting for "Tweeted from my iOS" at the end of the add.
  • Reply 34 of 206
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's a battle can't win head-to-head, nor should they engage. Too many borders to fight and real leverage. For example, how does Apple prevent Samsung employees from signing up at this site? The only avenue I see is to advance iAds to the web so even if it does become dominant and Samsung does create anti-Apple ads Apple can still profit. But honestly I don't think that's a concern for Apple. Let them through billions at weak advertising trying to stave off their dropping high-end handset sales while Apple makes billions adding more high-end handset sales with higher APRs.

Yeah, I can't imagine a scenario where Apple can directly engage in an effective way, but Apple can pull the rug out from under them by addressing the main complaints, which Apple can do simply by explaining in TV and print ads what they are all about, kind of like the first video shown at the recent Apple event, but more straightforward, more matter of fact, and less fluffy (I liked the idea of that video, but it seemed a little unnessesarily over dramatic in the presentation and language). I think Apple could reach a large audience with that message, and do a lot to negate the petty troll comments that populate the vast majority of Facebook and technology article comment sections.

• Reply 35 of 206
    Actually, Samsung should be thanking Apple for being in business. They got it all backwards. I think their inevitable holy grail is to ultimately rid themselves of Android. I bet they're trying hard to.
  • Reply 36 of 206
    While Samsung claims to have introduced the Phablet form factor with the release of the Galaxy Note in 2011, however Dell introduced the 5" Streak in 2010, predating the Galaxy Note by a year. They can claim perhaps to have popularized the phablet form factor, but not introducing it.
  • Reply 37 of 206
    IPhone 6 Air. Next year. Cycle complete.
  • Reply 38 of 206

Sansung executives are going to be poopin "purple twinkies" tomorrow when we hear how many iPhone 6+ numbers were pre-ordered over the weekend.

Oh yeah... Have Samsung Notes ever been on backorder for weeks at a time?  How come Samsung never takes pot shots at other "large" phone manufacturers such as LG, Sony & HTC... since they claim to be the "innovators" of large screen phones? Please... 

Has Samsung "ever" released a product that the "media" has anticipated and salivated for?

To make such claims of imitators, you've gotta have a set of stones... especially when losing a law suit about just that... Imitating/copying.

At the end of the day it's about numbers and demand... and apple has both.  No Android nor Samsung "cronie" can say otherwise.

• Reply 39 of 206
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Samsung is toast and they know it.
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">The Galaxy Note does run iOS and does not have iTunes, iCloud, iWork, iMessage, Touch ID, HealthKit and HomeKit etc...</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Nobody wants a stylus yuck...  Samsung is feeling the heat.</span>
    News to me, how long has the Galaxy Note been able to run iOS?
  • Reply 40 of 206
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    I'm annoyed that Apple ditched the 4" form factor. I didn't need my iPhone to be thinner, but I did want it to keep the same screen size for true, no gimmick, one handed operation.

By chasing the Asian market everyone who stuck with them had just been shown the middle finger.