AI gets in on the action

Comments

• Reply 241 of 375
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Why so touchy?

I was talking about why I won't call it the 'G5,' not Apple. Apple can call it whatever they damn want to. If I want to call it the 970 because that's what it is running then that's my choice.

I don't care if Apple calls it the Flowerpowertower as long as they release it.

Sorry, thought you were proposing it as a marketing name as many others have.

Calling the new towers anything other than G5s is just so dumb, it gets me all riled up.
  • Reply 242 of 375
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Name, schname.

'G5'. Apple were never really going to call it any other with a customer base of millions upon millions on G3/G4 systems. It's easy. Even I get it!

The 'infamous' G5 hits home.

I wanted a 'G5'. I think I'll finally be able to get one relatively soon. The 'G4' debacle will be soon behind us...and it won't be a 'Moto' CPU...so I will be a proud G5 owner when I see it smash Pentium 4s, Photoshop, Lightwave and all in its path...

The G5. The true inheritor of the 'G3' Pentium Snail Roasting Mantle.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 243 of 375
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Sorry, thought you were proposing it as a marketing name as many others have.

Calling the new towers anything other than G5s is just so dumb, it gets me all riled up.

It's cool.

I don't think we will really care what they are called as long as they are released.

Re 970 Marketing Name: If you notice, the current towers are called the Powermac G4. I think the 'Powermac 970' name is too long. Just shorten it to Powermac. Simple. Sweet.
  • Reply 244 of 375
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

The G5. The true inheritor of the 'G3' Pentium Snail Roasting Mantle.

Lemon Bon Bon

I can see it now...2 years down the road...

PC User: Hey, yeah you Apple guys finally caught up with us with the 970/G5 and it's succesors, but remember the G4 debacle?

Us: Errrr....the G4 was an 'ersatz' solution.....errrr....yeah that's it...it wasn't really the replacement for the G3...

• Reply 245 of 375
    magicitemagicite Posts: 21member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marcus

We've done Xtreme and all that, we need something more aggressive, more kick ass, something that will strike fear into the hearts of the general population, hell even into us, part of the '112 Brotherhood'...

Introducing . . . The PowerMac G5 BURNiNATOR!
  • Reply 246 of 375
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by joek

Os News article pulled (same reference to Appleinsider)

http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3735

And the MacBidouille article that mentioned the AI article is also gone now - Apple seeems to have problems getting the original article removed
  • Reply 247 of 375
    Anyone else think that new AI frontpage rumor is *slightly* odd?
  • Reply 248 of 375
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    kasper jade redux:

http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=115

its written as a story...

• Reply 249 of 375
    creepy.

all they need is a one-liner about an Apple PDA and you've got every major rumor from the past six months in one nice story.
  • Reply 250 of 375
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    nice job, and "whoa!"
  • Reply 251 of 375
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Wow, that article sounds like one of Junkyard's posts!

This caught my eye:

"The front of machine is flourished by this mesh metallic surface..."

Mesh, drool.
  • Reply 252 of 375
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Wow, that article sounds like one of Junkyard's posts!

This caught my eye:

"The front of machine is flourished by this mesh metallic surface..."

Mesh, drool.

Say it ain't so!

Isn't Photoshop fun?
  • Reply 253 of 375
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

...now I miss my car again. sigh. Well, a fast computer (and fast women, of course) can make up for that.

Yeah, except that a fast car helps one get fast women, whereas a fast computer actually is known to interfere with one's ability to get fast women...
  • Reply 254 of 375
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    JYD...

that is soooo true!

that's why i have a ibook and a semi fast car,

i can only imagine what will happen when i get a 970 and chip my car!
  • Reply 255 of 375
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    sounds like kasper has been lurking next to the bar a little longer than he admits *slosh*
  • Reply 256 of 375
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I notice that Kasper, an administrator, is lurking here on the AI boards, but has 0 posts.
  • Reply 257 of 375
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I think the latest front page is hysterical.

Kinda like the Naked Mole Rat. Also reminds me of Appleturns.com

Turn what you've heard into a fictional story and nobody can get on ya.

Cam. and iChat with video.

970 Tower.

Adjustable LCDs.

Was the 15.4 970 Powerbook in there too?
  • Reply 258 of 375
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Front page story stripped of "drunken evesdropping" parts

"Its gonna be awesome. The company is going to introduce more new hardware and software products at [WWDC] than any other [recent] event."

"They are bringing the 15" [PowerBook] model up to design spec with the other two models...faster chips."

"[The Power Mac G5 is] beautiful, all silver and graphite in color, there is no more chrome or clear plastic on the casing. It actually still retains the 4 handles but they are thinner and less extrusive. The front of machine is flourished by this mesh metallic surface, with the super drive now higher up on the case."

"[Apple is working on a] video conference bundle. The steam quality is great. Peer to peer MPEG 4 video conference streaming with iChat and [a] slick little camera."

"They are moving File Maker back in-house." "Apparently File Maker was bleeding money." "They laid off...a bunch of [workers] before they began the move. They didn't even give [them] a damn severance package or nothing."

"[Apple has finished] new displays. [The current] non-adjustable Cinema Displays [are] brutal [in comparison]!"

Barto
  • Reply 259 of 375
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

kasper jade redux:

http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=115

its written as a story...

A crazy story that is either lightly disguised fact wrapped around the pretext of a corny story or a corny story about every rumor of the past month.
  • Reply 260 of 375
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    The new 15" Powerbook was in there but no specific mention of what kind of chip.