"MWSF": THE thread

Comments

• Reply 101 of 204
    s6275s6275 Posts: 19member
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure that iBooks are at least getting speed bumped.

Of course, I could be wrong.
  • Reply 102 of 204
    hledgardhledgard Posts: 265member
    Cannot seem to find the Quicktime link for the keynote broadcast.

Thanks, Dr. L
  • Reply 103 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by hledgard

I'm surprised too nothing's been posted at this late date. I guess we'll find out tomorrow (Monday).
  • Reply 104 of 204
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    It doesn't matter which you think it should go in for what ever reason. The G5 is still too hot for the iMac, or the PowerBook as it is right now. So arguing which one it's going in first is pointless at this time. But just to add fuel to the fire - When the G5 can run cool enough it will be in the PowerBook first. NO doubt.

There is the a pro line, and a consumer line. They have always gone in the pro line first. Even when Apple was having serious Moto-blow-ya problems they put it in the pro line fist because that's how it is.
  • Reply 105 of 204
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    2 days Left

• Reply 106 of 204
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker :

It doesn't matter which you think it should go in for what ever reason... So arguing which one it's going in first is pointless at this time... to add fuel to the fire ... it will be in the PowerBook first. NO doubt... they put it in the pro line fist because that's how it is.

Still to hot for the current iMac, but just an engineering exercise for the next. And we may see the 3G iMac sooner than you might think, onlooker, I do know know it doesn't matter what I think ~ nonetheless, I think we'll see a G5 in the next iMac before we will see it in the next Powerbook ~ by about 6 months.

How it was is not necessarily how it is.
  • Reply 107 of 204
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    The Quicktime link was posted in late December then removed a few days later. I'm sure it will be back tomorrow. We'll also start getting some photos of the floor and those mysterious boxes, etc. (Krispy Kreme doughnuts as well I'd think) on Monday. TechTV will have a recap on Tuesday during the afternoon. No live broadcast indicated as of now.
  • Reply 108 of 204
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

No live broadcast indicated as of now.

Yeah, and what is up with that. Too cheap for a satellite feed?
  • Reply 109 of 204
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    TechTV hasn't broadcast a MW in two years. It may be that Apple doesn't want them to. Satellite feeds were announced a few weeks ago and Apple Stores with screens will be showing the keynote.
  • Reply 110 of 204
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

...and Apple Stores with screens will be showing the keynote.

Great, now I only need to get on a British Airways Flight to my nearest Apple Store.
  • Reply 111 of 204
    cliveclive Posts: 720member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Big Mac

Note, additionally, that Power Macs usually aren't introduced at Macworlds.

That's just bollocks.
  • Reply 112 of 204
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    CheapoPod will happen I am now suddenly convinced. Don´t know how, why or anything. Just had to set the record straight so I can keep up my 100% true prediction record
  • Reply 113 of 204
    I can't wait to buy a CHEAPO iPOD!!!
  • Reply 114 of 204
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

2 days Left

What - a post from Nebagakid without the 5 "smokey" smilies in a row!
  • Reply 115 of 204
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr_Holistic

I can't wait to buy a CHEAPO iPOD!!!

Me too. But it won´t be that. It will be a cheapoPod. No i in that
  • Reply 116 of 204
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hledgard

Don't want to be a downer, but maybe Apple isn't all that keen on many people seeing this keynote... I mean, consider these facts and possible implications:

1) It wasn't confirmed that Jobs was actually delivering the keynote until later than usual. Maybe they weren't sure the only product they have to announce (the miniPods) would be ready.

2) There is no obvious QuickTime stream in place yet.

3) There is no big MacWorld promotion at www.apple.com, no "you ain't seen nothin' yet", "9 days and counting" hype.

4) Apart from miniPods, the rumors of "new" products amount to software updates only. The rumor sites may be quiet NOT because Apple is good at keeping a secret, but there are no secrets to keep.

Being pessimistic, the keynote may only consist of progress reports (x million tunes downloaded, 500K G5s sold, 45% of sales were laptops, etc), iLife updates, and the cheaper 'Pod(s).

That last one may be moderating interesting from an "Apple is getting successful" point of view, but personally, as I've already been a buyer of a 1st gen iPod and a 3rd gen iPod, I could care less about a storage-challenged one, and care more about Mac news.

I very much hope I'm wrong, but as an Australian, I'm not going to be getting up at 4 am for this one. (Just hoping to read how wrong I was on front page news at breakfast!)
  • Reply 117 of 204
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac+

What - a post from Nebagakid without the 5 "smokey" smilies in a row!

• Reply 118 of 204
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

snip*

You are trying to steal my thunder? MY THUNDER?

NOTE: I am sorry to have to have posted this, it was necessary...

NOW, Back to the Future (pun intended). Where is the quicktime link to the keynote stream? or the page?
  • Reply 119 of 204
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Of course hardware is more sexy, but could this be the time we see an Apple branded "Office" suite of apps?
  • Reply 120 of 204
    miniPod is credit card in size. Holds 10,000 songs and costs $249 for the largest size. Plus, new iApp. GarageBand. Music creation tool. Included in $99 updated iLife. Fact.