Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

why?

why? why "why"?
  • Reply 362 of 410
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beige_G3

Imagine how long this thread will be by the time they are released.

Kinda like the 'Mercury Rising' thread?
  • Reply 363 of 410
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beige_G3

Imagine how long this thread will be by the time they are released.

I think the "new powerbook" thread started almost a year ago is the reigning thread king.

I'm going to start feeding this one if a release doesn't happen soon, though!
  • Reply 364 of 410
    i think this is already in the top 5 (or something like that) longest threads ever at AI. i imagine the longest one after this will either be for pbook g5's or a "confirmed rev. b g5's" thread to discuss the new update.
  • Reply 365 of 410
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Now, either we have got a MacOSRumors twin or great thinks are coming this year's WWDC. I am talking about Croquer dans la pomme.

Quote:

2004-02-05 - The PPC 975

The PPC 975 will inaugurate technology Simultaneous Multi-threading from IBM. The first results obtained by APPLE are impressive without SMT, a PPC 975 at 3 GHz gives performances SpecInt 1350 and SpecFP of 1479. Activated SMT, one passes to SpecInt of 1650 and one SPecFP of 1750. It is the double of a PPC 970 at 2 GHz. The chip which has 98 million transistors, consumes 71W at 3Ghz, and 86W at 3,4Ghz. Mac G5 975 will be can be announced with the WWDC and put on sale a few months later.

If this rumor is true (I somewhat have doubts for the timing, at least), then there will be no new Power Macs until WWDC .
  • Reply 366 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Now, either we have got a MacOSRumors twin or great thinks are coming this year's WWDC. I am talking about Croquer dans la pomme.

If this rumor is true (I somewhat have doubts for the timing, at least), then there will be no new Power Macs until WWDC .

Can't believe that quote! Surely seems to good to be true?

However if it is even partially correct, Apple will string out a few more G4 updates and then blow the whole shebang clean from the water... Hmmmm. Exciting prospect!
  • Reply 367 of 410
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

hrrmmmm..... smells like the evil clone of MOSR IMHO. If you read some of the other "rumours" on that page you'll see what I mean.

JAN 24'th: iMac G5 with sligthly new form-factor and finished in aluminium? New G5s with room for 4 HDs and up to 2.6 GHz? Aluminium monitors?

Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Reply 368 of 410
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    71 and 86 watts!? Time to break out the Intel Bunny Suits. July seems so, so far away from now.

Must. Resist. Urge. To Buy. 2GHz refurb.

Screed
  • Reply 369 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

71 and 86 watts!? Time to break out the Intel Bunny Suits. July seems so, so far away from now.

Must. Resist. Urge. To Buy. 2GHz refurb.

Screed

No need to resist anymore, Apple sold out of 'em!
  • Reply 370 of 410
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 371 of 410
    Don't forget, megathreads like "Mercury Rising" which didn't survive "The Great AI Blackout" wouldn't be on any kind of current "Top 10" list.
  • Reply 372 of 410
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kroehl

hrrmmmm..... smells like the evil clone of MOSR IMHO. If you read some of the other "rumours" on that page you'll see what I mean.

JAN 24'th: iMac G5 with sligthly new form-factor and finished in aluminium? New G5s with room for 4 HDs and up to 2.6 GHz? Aluminium monitors?

Move along. Nothing to see here.

I'd have to agree, This is a huge load of crap. These two sites are setting up major disappointments across the Mac community, and it's going to suck. I hate listening/(reading) to all the whiners that believe rumors. They are the freaking worst types of idiots to deal with.

Of course everybody wishes numbers like those were true, but that's just somebody's imaginative thinking being interpreted as factual. It's a shame there are no real rumors until a few days before announcements.
  • Reply 373 of 410
    Hypertransport 2 is introed yesterday, they will integrate this new tech in products by the end of 2004
  • Reply 374 of 410
    Quote:

Originally posted by fieldor

Hypertransport 2 is introed yesterday, they will integrate this new tech in products by the end of 2004

ya... hypertransport or not, i want a new g5. now.
  • Reply 375 of 410
    This is why I shouldn?t waste time trying to figure out anything from Apple?s shipping times:

Friday

1.6 GHz G5 Same Day

1.8 GHz G5 Same Day

2.0 GHz G5 Same Day

Monday

1.6 GHz G5 Same Day

1.8 GHz G5 1-3 Days

2.0 GHz G5 1-3 Days

Tuesday

1.6 GHz G5 3-5 Days

1.8 GHz G5 3-5 Days

2.0 GHz G5 Same Day

Just weird and, apparently, I need a life.
  • Reply 376 of 410
    Simple, Apple will still continue to sell dual 2.0GHz systems after the update while the single CPU systems will be discontinued.

See how easy that was?
  • Reply 377 of 410
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    It seems to me that it is a little soon yet to see new PowerMac G5s. Perhaps March?
  • Reply 378 of 410
    MacBidouille (have to check that spelling every time), while no longer doing the rumor thing, does have an interesting tidbit. Someone received a 1.6GHz G5 with 8 memory slots (i.e, a dual motherboard). They imply this means the single proc mbs are "out" and an all-dual lineup is in order.

Anyway, if new machines aren't out by the time I have some funds together, I'm going to try and grab a dual 1.8 refurb and pull the 5200fx card, buy a 9800 and slap that in. I figure I still come out ahead, even though I lose the EDU discount. Timing is everything, though.
  • Reply 379 of 410
    slssls Posts: 51member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neumac

Tuesday

1.6 GHz G5 3-5 Days

1.8 GHz G5 3-5 Days

2.0 GHz G5 Same Day

Same day on the 1.6GHz, today (tuesday 10th of feb)... their new line: 1.6Ghz, dual 2 and dual 2.2Ghz and of course a dual 3Ghz
  • Reply 380 of 410
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neumac

This is why I shouldn?t waste time trying to figure out anything from Apple?s shipping times:

Friday

1.6 GHz G5 Same Day

1.8 GHz G5 Same Day

2.0 GHz G5 Same Day

Monday

1.6 GHz G5 Same Day

1.8 GHz G5 1-3 Days

2.0 GHz G5 1-3 Days

Tuesday

1.6 GHz G5 3-5 Days

1.8 GHz G5 3-5 Days

2.0 GHz G5 Same Day

Just weird and, apparently, I need a life.

Just to make it even more confusing reading tea leaves from shipping dates etc., go to their Special Deals page. I hadn't noticed it before, but they are now listing a lot of "Previous Generation" deals, with some very attractive pricing.