Post All your iMac 3 Mockups here

Comments

• Reply 341 of 484
    pscates,

it's a mock- up, give the "I" thing a rest Ok?
  • Reply 342 of 484
    Quote:

kroMEyusss

Do I get to call you 'Pussycat' in that case?

You can call me Suckfizzchew if you like...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 343 of 484
    it is not miss spelled its capitalized

so you would have to do my name like this to keep with the ongoing theme

cHromeus

hehehe

but i havent seen any other Chromeuses around so there is no need to change it

but its cool how you spelled it

ok enough silly stuff lets get this thread back on track

is it illustrator cs

and do you use a sketch pad

like the icecad from macally for your drawings
  • Reply 344 of 484
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    The poster formerly known as bAncho.
  • Reply 345 of 484
  • Reply 346 of 484
    Chromeus.

Fantastic iMac G5 concept.

The best one I've seen.

Ahead of Hmurch's 'X/iServe' iMac and the G5 Cube with white iStudio design.

Those three are my fav's so far.

I've long felt that to reach the 3 million plus iPod users, particularly those on the dark side..., that the iMac G5 needs to catch that 'iPod' chic...the iconic appeal...a real step forward for the consumer as the iPod was for the mp3 player market.

Your tablet derivative has an iPod 'halo' feel to it. Clean, sexy, iconic, simple, elegant.

As to it's practicality?

So, it's a laptop without a keyboard. It 'docks', just like the iPod.

A modest G4 undocked with laptop battery life. A touch sensitive screen. Stylus.

Docked, graphics and G5 in the pizza box/dock.

I always thought Apple should develop a new breed of computer that steps aside of the Mac branding...yet still run 'X' of course!

Sometimes semantics can win appeal. The iPod isn't called MacPod, is it? Or Pod Mac? And lookeelookee, it's on its way to 3 million plus in sales.

I'd like Apple to expand the Pod range. If this concept isn't the next iMac (and I doubt it is...) then I would rule out Apple making a DLD that offers an iBook screen with stylus and dock that could run the hub and be a content viewer.

Along with a reaonsonably costed headless Mac...? The only two missing pieces in Apple's line-up bar Hmurch's much vaunted workstation quad Mac.

Great mock-up.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 347 of 484
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    It does matter Chromeus.

Just as typing with upper case, periods, commas and paragraphs matter. It may be faster for you but if everyone had your attitude reading anything would be difficult.

Keep the graphics coming. They are enjoyable. Don't want to throw this off track.
  • Reply 348 of 484
    will do and thanks a ton for the great responses

Quote:

I've long felt that to reach the 3 million plus iPod users, particularly those on the dark side..., that the iMac G5 needs to catch that 'iPod' chic...the iconic appeal...a real step forward for the consumer as the iPod was for the mp3 player market.

my feelings exactly
  • Reply 349 of 484
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spliff monkey

pscates,

it's a mock- up, give the "I" thing a rest Ok?

I explained ONCE the reason, very sound ones, that Chromeus himself didn't have a problem with (AND that most people here would support). So don't tell me to give anything "a rest". No one really polled you, so I'll decide how much to pursue, or not pursue, something. We clear on that?

Why don't you talk to the others above who were much more forceful - and terse - about it? At least I gave the reasons why.

Jeez, it's all coming back to me now. I made a good decision several months ago, it looks like. Very little - if any - of this stuff there...

• Reply 350 of 484
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

Do I get to call you 'Pussycat' in that case?

You can call me Suckfizzchew if you like...

Lemon Bon Bon

I can call you "some guy I used to remember at a message board"? I don't care. Call me Pussycat and I'll call you Simon le Bon.

Which is worse?
  • Reply 351 of 484
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    While all these mockups are great. You have it all wrong.

If you truly want to know what is coming, then someone mockup up and 20th Anniversary Macintosh with the new look Apple uses. Look at the spec posted, it is a 25th Anniversary.

Pscates, can you find pics of the 20th and give it a bigger screen, white exterior, change the keyboard and mouse and there you have it. Also, the bose speakers on the left and right will also have a center channel above the screen. Put some rear speakers and an iSub in the pic and you're done.

Important note: the top view will look like an Xserve with the HD and vents. The front will be the same but with a bigger screen and Superdrive.

Good luck, I cannot wait to see what you all come up with. Don't forget the bose speakers.

I had sent you a personal message through the message board a while ago but you never replied.
  • Reply 352 of 484
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

What do you need to adjust? It's a screen. I have PowerMac there is no adjustment. It's right in front of you. Tell me, how often do you adjust your TV?

Sorry, no TV in my home .

As for adjustability: this is one of the oldest issues in computer usability. It is perhaps a non issue if your time in front of a computer is limited, if you are 100% healthy or if you don't share what you have in your screen with others. But the iMac is meant to be a home, or if you want a family computer. And in this environment, the sharing and health issues come very often into play. Ergonomics is, IMHO, an important feature in a computer, especially if it is going to assume such a role.
  • Reply 353 of 484
    pscates "No one really polled you, so I'll decide how much to pursue, or not pursue, something. We clear on that?"

Yeah, it's quite clear that you're a jerk! since you have no reason to take that tone with me. No one polled me? Please, my oppinion is just as valid as yours "herr mac nazi" I was only more interested in talking about future designs as apposed to your anal retentive, obsessive compulsive desire to make everything in life perfect, according to your vision. Let's end this silly drivel, we're talking about speculation and mockups; I restate lighten up!
  • Reply 354 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chromeus

like this

Well no, Steve was very proud when he demonstrated the iMac G4 because he said that they had learned from the Cube that vertical CD-Rom's and HD's had to spin a lot slower. That's why they created the "base dome" for the iMac G4.

If you put the CD, HD and processor in the dock and make the screen wireless then you might be closer at how Apple would do your excelent concept.

There was an article about how 802,11 was going to be 10 times the current speed in about 2007 I think.

...here's hoping Apple is on the forefront again and are able to launch a wireless display NEXT MONTH ))) .....
  • Reply 355 of 484
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Sorry, no TV in my home .

As for adjustability: this is one of the oldest issues in computer usability. It is perhaps a non issue if your time in front of a computer is limited, if you are 100% healthy or if you don't share what you have in your screen with others. But the iMac is meant to be a home, or if you want a family computer. And in this environment, the sharing and health issues come very often into play. Ergonomics is, IMHO, an important feature in a computer, especially if it is going to assume such a role.

Stepping through some landmines...

I agree PB. My family (4 of us) all use our iMac daily. We all have a different idea of what the right set up is. The flexibility of the current/extinct iMac is very alluring to those of us in this situation. (If I could only get my son to quit messing with the chair.)

I am hoping that some type of flexibility like this will exist on the next version.
  • Reply 356 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

I want some of whatever you're smoking...
  • Reply 357 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

I want some of whatever you're smoking...

Yeah, but it seems like someone is already passing it aRound...or iS it Just mE?

anyone head of sOny, iBM, mIcrosoft, bMW ?
  • Reply 358 of 484
    In terms of increaese usability does anyone out there want a tablet-esque, type of interface? Personally I like the idea but so many people have spoken out against Apple making a tablet. Does it make it more appealing to have a dock for your keyboard and Hard Drive interface. what about a stylus? Prople don't seem to think that would work well for thier needs either. What's the general consensus on such innovations?
  • Reply 359 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by spliff monkey

In terms of increaese usability does anyone out there want a tablet-esque, type of interface? Personally I like the idea but so many people have spoken out against Apple making a tablet. Does it make it more appealing to have a dock for your keyboard and Hard Drive interface. what about a stylus? Prople don't seem to think that would work well for thier needs either. What's the general consensus on such innovations?

I've used pure tablets before and they excel in a few areas and are a serious compromise in many others. Size/weight is also an important consideration. I think the idea of a smallish tablet with 8" screen is probably close to ideal for most tablet based tasks. Any bigger than 10" - 12" at most and you wind up needing to drag your arm all over creation to interface with the device.

The cost of hardware is still a nasty hurdle too so you don't want to try to push the cost of a 17" high resolution digitizer down someones throat for general computing purposes. These devices also require batteries to function.

To think that the iMac will be superseded by a tablet is forward thining but perhaps *too* forward thinking. It is good to consider the possiblities and speculate though.
  • Reply 360 of 484

Where my mind took me. We've been posting aesthetics and specs, but not addressing the challenges that the Apple design team will say existed in integrating the digital hub into our lives.

This doesn't get us there, but it was inspired by the thought.