Got my iPod Shuffle

Comments

• Reply 41 of 126
    I too deal with a music collection that doesn't fit my ipod (20 gb 4G) but I don't find it to be too big a problem, as I make sure to listen to new (or less recently played) stuff using smart playlists and a "flavor of the day" playlist that I change every couple of days or so.

Now that I understand how the shuffle works, I think it is the ultimate mp3 player for use in the gym. I was initially only going to pick one up for my wife, but now I think I might get us each one. At $99 there's hardly a reason not to.

thanks again,

SM
  • Reply 42 of 126
    Agreed

I purchased a shuffle the day they were introduced as a birthday present for a friend and had no real intention/need of augmenting my current 3G. However, as I?ve learned and thought about the virtues of the shuffle, I have concluded that it?s great in its own right and I too will be purchasing one for myself.
  • Reply 43 of 126
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

It never changes. My wife says, "but isn't your other iPod working?"

And I love my Shure headphones. The only problem is they make everything else sound awful.

There's a trick, my gf said 'you don't need an iPod photo,' I then said 'yes but if i get one I can give you my old one!' That shut her up
  • Reply 44 of 126
    After 3 weeks waiting I got one.

It's super8)
  • Reply 45 of 126
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    fsck! Still waiting for mine. My status is "On or before go fsck yourself you're going to have to wait".
  • Reply 46 of 126
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    im on or before the 22nd...

::sighs::
  • Reply 47 of 126
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    one must think that they can produce several thousand a day. yet it's been nearly a month now and report of people getting them are few and far between. something sounds wrong. if they have been making several thousand a day for almost a month there should be many many more people with iPod shuffles in hand. and that's assuming they didn't produce any before the announcement. (which is incorrect since they did)
  • Reply 48 of 126
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I went to my local Apple store yesterday and there was no iPod shuffle in stock. I asked an employee if they knew when they'd come, he said: "I have no idea, sir."

• Reply 49 of 126
    I ordered a Gigger and my real status is 2/15.
  • Reply 50 of 126
    I got one on Tuesday!! There are small deliveries being made in the UK and I managed to order one. Tried to connect it to my GFs dell and after a while it worked brilliantly. Very cool, small and cute. Brilliant and really good price. One thing - will anyone use the lanyard!!!
  • Reply 51 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

I got one on Tuesday!! There are small deliveries being made in the UK and I managed to order one. Tried to connect it to my GFs dell and after a while it worked brilliantly. Very cool, small and cute. Brilliant and really good price. One thing - will anyone use the lanyard!!!

I think you would have to be a bit of a poser to use the lanyard - my lanyard and headpones will never leave the wrapping. I have Sony 71 headphones in white which have a cable designed for remotes, and an extension cable. I just use the short cable as it is long enough to reach the inside pocket in my jacket, ideal! I was ony of the lucky people in the UK who got mine delivered last week
  • Reply 52 of 126
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

I think you would have to be a bit of a poser to use the lanyard

What would you be posing for, exactly?
  • Reply 53 of 126
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Asaph

What would you be posing for, exactly?

As in, "Oh, look at me and iPod Shuffle. I'm so COOOOLLLLL!"
  • Reply 54 of 126
    that can be true for any product, expecially Apple products... they are a huge amount of eye candy, its almost as if anyone who has one and useing it in public is bragging :-P
  • Reply 55 of 126
    I thought it was spelled "poseur"?
  • Reply 56 of 126
    it is, but the internet has 1773ed it to poser.
  • Reply 57 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frugle

it is, but the internet has 1773ed it to poser.

What is 1773ed??
  • Reply 58 of 126
    hmm, never been to other forums?

with the mass of people playing Counter strike, they have formed their own written language, one in which numbers are used for letters.

1337 is just like saying cool, or "I am awesome".

1337 stands for

LEET which sands for

elite

ever heard someone say 1337 h4X0r? there are sites devoted to translating this language for you ,but I don't konw what they are....google will find them.
  • Reply 59 of 126
    Poser isn't a new spelling - been around since before the internet - it's in my dictionary which I have longer than i've had a modem!
  • Reply 60 of 126
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Poser isn't a new spelling - been around since before the internet - it's in my dictionary which I have longer than i've had a modem!

Yup.

Poser is just the English translation of the French poseur.

They both have the same connotation.