Star Wars Episode 3

Comments

• Reply 161 of 224
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Well, no, but his lungs would have collapsed pretty fast.

Speaking of lungs - why does Darth Vador have a resperator? His lungs didn't look like they could have been badly damaged?

Speaking of which, I don't know why Darth was so cocky when he met Obee 1 in a new hope, knowing that last time they met Obee fuckin' P8WNED him.

Yeah some scenes need new dialog now...

Darth Vader: "When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the Master."

Ben Kenobi: "*cough!* <laugh>...I'm...I'm sorry, but did you just say when, when you - left ME? <wipes tears> What the Force are you talking about? I effing destroyed you, mate. <turns off light saber> Hey Artoo! Come here! He says HE left ME!" (Artoo hoots in the distance)

Vader: *sigh*

-----

"Your father wanted you to have this when you were older..."

Should be:

"I amputated your father's arm and legs in one move of my lightsaber and left him to slowly burn to death in a pit of lava. Then I stole his lightsaber just for shits and giggles. Here, it's yours now. Now the hell with your adoptive parents, instead, take me to Mos Eisley, sell your speeder, come to Alderaan with me, to join the religion your father despised, and hopefully you can later kill him. There's a good boy."
  • Reply 162 of 224
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    ROFLMAO

also looks like obiwan gets sexist in his old age

obiwan: "he's our only hope"

HELLO? THEY USED TO BE GIRL JEDIs right?

yoda: "no (you senile old fool, you delivered another twin..!)

there is another...."

...this is all IIRC because it costs $300 to get ep, 4 5 and 6 DVD pack where i live WTF MATE ??!!!
  • Reply 163 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

....Speaking of which, I don't know why Darth was so cocky when he met Obee 1 in a new hope, knowing that last time they met Obee fuckin' P8WNED him.

that was the nice twist in episode 3. darth getting his ass majorly kicked. obiwan, you sly devil you, with your 'oh, i could never be as powerful as you, blah blah blah...'
  • Reply 164 of 224
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    sunilraman

Quote:

...this is all IIRC because it costs $300 to get ep, 4 5 and 6 DVD pack where i live WTF MATE ??!!!

Where do you live?! It's $40 on amazon.com or deepdiscountdvd.com. I can't believe the shipping would cost $260.
  • Reply 165 of 224
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

that was the nice twist in episode 3. darth getting his ass majorly kicked. obiwan, you sly devil you, with your 'oh, i could never be as powerful as you, blah blah blah...'

Anakin was powerful, but also stupid and inexperienced...
  • Reply 166 of 224
    I just realized...

Luke only asks Ben what happened to his father after Ben hands Luke the lightsaber. After Luke plays with it a bit, he sits down and asks.

Of course Ben is going to lie at that point, the kid's holding a freaking lightsaber

Luke: You carved my father up and didn't have the decency to finish him off and now he's the Emperor's right hand man??? What else are you keeping from me???

Ben: Well, you have a sister...

Luke: Sister!??!!!! <ignites lightsaber>

Ben: <winces> Erm, yeah...actually...it's that girl that you have the hots for in the hologram...

Luke: Arrrgghh!! How long have you known all this??

Ben: Well, your whole life really...R2 as well...

Luke slices Ben down the middle but ends up killing himself by forgetting to turn the lightsaber off again.

<Threepio wakes up and sees the carnage and looks at R2>

Threepio: Don't blame me, I had my memory wiped. Or so I'm told.
  • Reply 167 of 224
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    When you think about it, obi wan lying to luke was all just a scheme on obi wan's part to coerce luke into becoming a jedi. Once he started luke down the path he knew luke wouldn't turn back, so that once he learned the truth he'd confront vader. That said, such manipulation is an awfully sith thing to do. Shame on you Obi-wan
  • Reply 168 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

When you think about it, obi wan lying to luke was all just a scheme on obi wan's part to coerce luke into becoming a jedi. Once he started luke down the path he knew luke wouldn't turn back, so that once he learned the truth he'd confront vader. That said, such manipulation is an awfully sith thing to do. Shame on you Obi-wan

well, sith and jedi - just two sides of the same coin
  • Reply 169 of 224
    Quote:

well, sith and jedi - just two sides of the same coin

Yea, this is something that I kinda wish had been explored some more. Episode 3 really opened that idea up somewhat, and when you look back on episode 1 and 2 you think like "damn, those 2 movies were through the rosy glasses of the jedi"

When it comes to it though, a jedi isn't above doing any of the same things a sith might do, but their reasons are different. Selfish vs selfless and all that. it would have been nice if they had introduced that aspect in episode 2, and gone into depth with it in episode 3.

Basically what I'm saying is, Jedis have always been the perennial 'good guy', but episode 3 kinda changes that, makes them more human, and that, for me, is one of the reasons I liked episode 3 so much.
  • Reply 170 of 224
    Quote:

Yea, this is something that I kinda wish had been explored some more. Episode 3 really opened that idea up somewhat, and when you look back on episode 1 and 2 you think like "damn, those 2 movies were through the rosy glasses of the jedi"

When it comes to it though, a jedi isn't above doing any of the same things a sith might do, but their reasons are different. Selfish vs selfless and all that. it would have been nice if they had introduced that aspect in episode 2, and gone into depth with it in episode 3

Basically what I'm saying is, Jedis have always been the perennial 'good guy', but episode 3 kinda changes that, makes them more human, and that, for me, is one of the reasons I liked episode 3 so much.

well, i think its a nice 'maturity' thing for us all that grew up with star wars, and the spiritual message of it as well

palpatine is like the most evil dude in the galaxy but he certainly showed compassion in caring for anakin when his best friend, brother, mentor, and fellow jedi left him for bantha (er... lava) fodder

i think episode 1 and 2 is to get a whole new generation of kids into star wars stuff, episode 3 is for us 'adults' to see a new and different aspect to star wars after A. we wrote off episode 1 and 2 and B. we thought we knew everything about star wars by watching ep 4, 5, 6 like a million times....

and still, the mystery evolves...

• Reply 171 of 224
    I want the Episode 3 DVD to become ripped so we can add our own scenes to it.

During the birth scene, I want this edit:

First baby comes out: It's a boy.

Padme sees it. She says "Lando"...

Second baby comes out...It's another boy.

Padme sees it. She says "Mace Jr."...
  • Reply 172 of 224
    oh no you did'nt

edit: what's Lando up to nowadays \
  • Reply 173 of 224
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

I just realized...

Luke only asks Ben what happened to his father after Ben hands Luke the lightsaber. After Luke plays with it a bit, he sits down and asks.

Of course Ben is going to lie at that point, the kid's holding a freaking lightsaber

Luke: You carved my father up and didn't have the decency to finish him off and now he's the Emperor's right hand man??? What else are you keeping from me???

Ben: Well, you have a sister...

Luke: Sister!??!!!! <ignites lightsaber>

Ben: <winces> Erm, yeah...actually...it's that girl that you have the hots for in the hologram...

Luke: Arrrgghh!! How long have you known all this??

Ben: Well, your whole life really...R2 as well...

Luke slices Ben down the middle but ends up killing himself by forgetting to turn the lightsaber off again.

<Threepio wakes up and sees the carnage and looks at R2>

Threepio: Don't blame me, I had my memory wiped. Or so I'm told.

Luke's father was killed by the dark side - and Vader is mostly machine! Fear and anger lead to the dark side and Obi Wan wanted to avoid that happening in Luke.
  • Reply 174 of 224
    Quote:

well, i think its a nice 'maturity' thing for us all that grew up with star wars, and the spiritual message of it as well

palpatine is like the most evil dude in the galaxy but he certainly showed compassion in caring for anakin when his best friend, brother, mentor, and fellow jedi left him for bantha (er... lava) fodder

i think episode 1 and 2 is to get a whole new generation of kids into star wars stuff, episode 3 is for us 'adults' to see a new and different aspect to star wars after A. we wrote off episode 1 and 2 and B. we thought we knew everything about star wars by watching ep 4, 5, 6 like a million times....

and still, the mystery evolves...

Yes! this is something I noticed when I saw episode 3 for the 2nd time.

I was driving home and I realized "holy crap, it's a good thing that episode 1 sucked!"

Episode 1 was so over the top, so silly, so childish, ridiculous and inane. It's painful for me to watch. But, that crapfest, makes me appreciate episode 3 so much more. It makes episode 3 a lot stronger, and by proxy, episode 3 makes episode 1 stronger... though I wouldn't want to watch episode 1 again
  • Reply 175 of 224
    Quote:

I want the Episode 3 DVD to become ripped so we can add our own scenes to it.

During the birth scene, I want this edit:

First baby comes out: It's a boy.

Padme sees it. She says "Lando"...

And then obi-wan says "lando system?" and then yoda smacks him and says "a system, lando is not. A man, lando's a"
  • Reply 176 of 224
    Quote:

Jeez, that wasn't compassion. If that's "compassion", then every child molester out there is "compassionate". Palpatine was just coaxing and cultivating Anakin for his own nefarious goals. There was zero compassion. It was all destructive selfishness. He was seducing him, literally.
  • Reply 177 of 224
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Luke's father was killed by the dark side - and Vader is mostly machine! Fear and anger lead to the dark side and Obi Wan wanted to avoid that happening in Luke.

Er, don't take me too literally. I know the proper plotline too
  • Reply 178 of 224
    Quote:

Yes! ........ though I wouldn't want to watch episode 1 again

over the next several years, my guess is that just like bands and stuff post tracks for fans to 'remix', Lucasfilm might finally give in to the fanboy brigade and provide such facilities too... well maybe it's a bit too optimistic but people will be doing it anyway, johnq being one of those first in line

step one.

get your 200gb iBook/iMac dual-core g5, wiith 1gb ram

step two.

obtain episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, HDTV-ripped and encoded with h.264 or just the raw MPEG-2 or ?H.264 in europe? 720p TV stream

step three.

go to town with your own edits to make your ultimate star wars compendium, cut out the rubbish in episode 1 and 2, and various other tweaks.

step four.

extra credit for including Clone Wars vol 1 and 2 good bits (well, almost all of it) ala anime sequences in Kill Bill

....just shooting from the hip here....
  • Reply 179 of 224
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

And then obi-wan says "lando system?" and then yoda smacks him and says "a system, lando is not. A man, lando's a"

no because lando system was before the births!
  • Reply 180 of 224
    Quote:

.... Palpatine was just coaxing and cultivating Anakin for his own (nefarious) goals....... He was seducing him, literally.

and the jedi council, qui gonn and obiwan weren't doing the same thing?? albeit of course for 'light side' purposes.... <yodavoice>hmmmm?</yodavoice>

speaking of the seduction part, not to say that i wasn't disturbed and there were some strong paedophilic connotations, with palpatine looking a bit like a dodgy old codger... \