Purported shots of Microsoft's touchscreen device revealed

Comments

• Reply 61 of 224
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

If MS is committed to waiting until Apple releases its tablet before theirs sees the light of day, what happens if Apple doesn't do a tablet? No Courier, ever? Might be a good strategy: seed rumors of new devices, let MS sink tons of money into developing counters, then never produce it.

No, that would simply mean that when MS does introduce a device based on this concept, they'll be poised to say the word CHECK, followed quickly be the word MATE!
  • Reply 62 of 224
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

No, that would simply mean that when MS does introduce a device based on this concept, they'll be poised to say the word CHECK, followed quickly be the word MATE!

Yeah baby! Or maybe they'll make a video of a really hip girl saying CHECK. MATE. And then she can say KILL. ME. And then J Allard beams down, except he's gotten fat again and what hair he has left has grown back in kind of scraggly and his hipster clothes don't fit any more and he just stands there, crying, saying WHO. AM. I?
  • Reply 63 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Because they have no concept videos!

More so because, at this point, they don't even have a 'concept' as far as anyone knows/has seen.

Say what you will, but whatever the MacPod is/does, there's little chance that it will be anywhere near this advanced, given the somewhat lethargic development of their current products (iPhone/Touch, OSX, MacBook, and the like).

Heck, they only just saw fit to finally put a radio in an iPod, and even then only the Nano got one...
  • Reply 64 of 224
    Quote:

Yeah baby! Or maybe they'll make a video of a really hip girl saying CHECK. MATE. And then she can say KILL. ME. And then J Allard beams down, except he's gotten fat again and what hair he has left has grown back in kind of scraggly and his hipster clothes don't fit any more and he just stands there, crying, saying WHO. AM. I?

No... Seriously - Is That Really All You Have?
  • Reply 65 of 224
    Quote:

Quote:

Who Really Cares...

You've Obviously Bitten Off Way Too Much Rotten Fruit To Be Reasoned With... Have Fun!
  • Reply 66 of 224
    Quote:

I think you should submit that to Apple for their next Mac/PC ad!
  • Reply 67 of 224
    Real artists ship
  • Reply 68 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

May we expect you to file a patent lawsuit in Marshall, TX ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGregor

This may be vaporware, but it is EXACTLY what I've been thinking about for years - back when tablets first came up. I don't like slates, I like books and this is a real iBook!!!!

Two screens with different functions! Years ago I was thinking one would be color and HD and meant for images/video, while the other would be for touch typing or writing with stylus and possibly eInk.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

May we expect you to file a patent lawsuit in Marshall, TX ?

Hardly, but back in the day (with Escher, et al.) I got plenty of grief for this idea. I thought the book would work in clamshell mode with virtual keyboard on one screen.

The form factor of the future is the book, not the laptop or the slate
  • Reply 69 of 224
    First off, this is a really cool looking prototype. Second, I would hearken to what others raise; namely, when will the real product ship and what's the OS and tools side of the equation, as Apple has pretty much shown this to be the bar for success.

Clearly, Apple learned this lesson from Microsoft (in PC 1.0) but MS feels long removed from those days (i.e., cultivating and growing a software centered ecosystem), especially in light of all of the legacy that they have to support.

Btw, here are some thoughts on where Apple's Tablet and the e-Book is headed:

Rebooting the Book (One Apple iPad Tablet at a Time):

http://bit.ly/zOoEu

Check it out if interested.

Mark
  • Reply 70 of 224
    Quote:

Who Really Cares...

You've Obviously Bitten Off Way Too Much Rotten Fruit To Be Reasoned With... Have Fun!

Interesting. So when you go out in public and walk into things and people laugh, do you hiss "Silence, fanboys!"?

How's that working out for you?
  • Reply 71 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

I think you should submit that to Apple for their next Mac/PC ad!

Agreed... and then show a fully equipped 17 inch PC laptop with a reasonable number of USB ports, a BR-recorder, an actual media card reader, and a numeric keypad, all for half the price my company paid for our 17 MacBook Pros that don't even offer ANY of those features -

Personally, I can't wait to see what Apple has wrought to do battle in the (nearly 8 year old) Tablet Computer arena.
  • Reply 72 of 224
    Quote:

Interesting. So when you go out in public and walk into things and people laugh, do you hiss "Silence, fanboys!"?

How's that working out for you?

You've apparently lost your mind, so I'm going to leave you to go take your (much needed) meds...

As for this concept:

It looks fantastic, and one can't help but anticipate how Apple will respond to this.
  • Reply 73 of 224
    Quote:

More so because, at this point, they don't even have a 'concept' as far as anyone knows/has seen.

Say what you will, but whatever the MacPod is/does, there's little chance that it will be anywhere near this advanced, given the somewhat lethargic development of their current products (iPhone/Touch, OSX, MacBook, and the like).

Heck, they only just saw fit to finally put a radio in an iPod, and even then only the Nano got one...

So, now I'm a little concerned, do you even understand the difference between a concept video and a shipping product? I'm serious. Because you keep saying things like you kinda don't. Like when you say that Apple has little chance of making something "this advanced", as if there were a something to measure up to. Instead of a video.

Hey, you know what? I bet Microsoft isn't going to be able to beat the cool tech in Minority Report. Minority Report is going to mop the floor with Microsoft. I mean, have you seen that shit? Sorry, MS, Minority Report is looking at you in its rear view mirror and laughing.

Seriously, see a doctor.
  • Reply 74 of 224
    Quote:

You've apparently lost your mind, so I'm going to leave to take your (much needed) meds...

As for this concept:

It looks fantastic, and one can't help but anticipate how Apple will respond to this.

Respond. To. What. It's. A. Video. What. Is. Wrong. With. You.
  • Reply 75 of 224
    Quote:

Agreed...

...all for half the price my company paid for our 17 MacBook Pros that don't even offer ANY of those features -

I know, huh! Apple charges twice for that overall user experience ... and, you don't even get a pretty blue screen! Damn them for leaving that out!
  • Reply 76 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

I know, huh! Apple charges twice for that overall user experience ... and, you don't even get a pretty blue screen! Damn them for leaving that out!

At least one can reboot to solve that (rare) issue, which is more than one can say for 'screeching' hard drives, over-heating (non-user-replaceable) batteries, or exploding iPods.

The choice is yours... Good Night!
  • Reply 77 of 224
    Quote:

At least one can reboot to solve that (rare) issue, which is more than one can say for 'screeching' hard drives, over-heating (non-user-replaceable) batteries, or exploding iPods.

The choice is yours...

And I made it. But, just as a reminder, you know ... to ward off dementia and early Alzheimers, I have a blue screen screensaver.
  • Reply 78 of 224
    Quote:

As for this concept:

I do agree with you there. It looks fantastic and I eagerly await to see how any vendor's delivered product matches their implied promise.
  • Reply 79 of 224
    Looks to me like Bill Gates' henchmen have been pawing through Jonny Ive's trash again!
  • Reply 80 of 224
    They should call it: oh, I don't know... maybe, "Cairo".