Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineup

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday morning took its online stores offline and appears to be in the process of introducing the remainder of its Mac product line up for the 2009 holiday shopping season.

While the stores remain down, reliable sources have passed on the following Mac-related product numbers, which appear to include new Mac minis (one with two hard drives and no optical drive -- rumored for January of 2009 but delayed till now), iMacs (possibly with 16:9 screen aspect ratios because there were -- at one time -- to include Blu-ray), redesigned plastic MacBooks, AirPorts and Time Capsules.

The unedited parts list is as follows:

MC207LL/A - K84 BEST BTR- USA

MC238LL/A - MAC MINI 2.26/2x1GB/160/SD/AP/BT-USA

MC239LL/A- MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/320GB/SD/AP/BT-USA

MC340LL/A - AIRPORT EXTREME (SIM DUALBAND) - USA

MC343LL/A - TIME CAPSULE 1TB (SIM DUALBAND) -USA

MC344LL/A - TIME CAPSULE 2TB (SIM DUALBAND) - USA

MC408LL/A - MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA

MC413LL/A - IMAC 21.5"/3.06/2x2GB/1TB/4670-256MB-USA

MC434LL/A - APPLE VESA MOUNT ADAPTER

MC461LL/A - MACBOOK 60W MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTER - USA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 186
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    New Mag Safe? Woo Hoo!
  • Reply 2 of 186
    marikmarik Posts: 26member
    Wooow! Great news! I didn't think they'd actually announce products before Win 7 on Thurs but boy am I glad I was wrong!!!
  • Reply 3 of 186
    I'm buying!!!

gwarrrrrwarrr
  • Reply 4 of 186
    Looks like we'll know soon enough. At this point, it wouldn't matter if they introduced oversized 'computer socks' for hanging by the fireplace...it'll ALL sell!
  • Reply 5 of 186
    Indeed.
  • Reply 6 of 186
    grebogrebo Posts: 20member
    OMG, a new K84 BEST BTR???

I've been waiting for that FOREVER!

I can't believe they didn't have a keynote to announce this!!!
  • Reply 7 of 186
    marikmarik Posts: 26member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

New Mag Safe? Woo Hoo!

Yes, definitely. Any hopes these new ones will be re-designed? If so, wishing an 85W one comes as well
  • Reply 8 of 186
    I've been waiting for the Mini or iMac update. Yeah!
  • Reply 9 of 186
    floccusfloccus Posts: 138member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marik View Post

Wooow! Great news! I didn't think they'd actually announce products before Win 7 on Thurs but boy am I glad I was wrong!!!

These are most likely silent updates, so there may or may not be a press release. They've done this before with what they consider 'minor' updates but us as fanboys obviously obsess over (OMG! they just introduced a new model vesa mount! Suck that MS!, etc.)
  • Reply 10 of 186
    hopefully for iMacs
  • Reply 11 of 186
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Not a moment too soon. These updates need to roll out so the Apple crowd can start buying again. So many people I know have been sitting in product upgrade limbo since August, as I've been blowing smoke at them over new iMacs and MacBooks.
  • Reply 12 of 186
    phizzphizz Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grebo View Post

OMG, a new K84 BEST BTR???

I've been waiting for that FOREVER!

I can't believe they didn't have a keynote to announce this!!!

That could be the new keyboard. And they may well have a mini keynote (just for you). This is a "leak" not an announcement.

(I put leak in quotes because there is ALWAYS some sort of minor leak just before an anouncement which builds up the hype, and I can't help but feel that maybe Apple purposely turns a blind eye)
  • Reply 13 of 186
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jpellino View Post

hopefully for iMacs

Hopefully for 20" and 24" iMacs.
  • Reply 14 of 186
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:

Win 7 launch also includes a lot of new PC's that Dell and other are launching that are supposed to include new form factors, etc.
  • Reply 15 of 186
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:

I was hoping they'd have the balls to release these on Oct 22 to steal some of the Win7 thunder. But then Office For Mac 201x would see a 9-month delay as retaliation.
  • Reply 16 of 186
    imatimat Posts: 209member
    If that would turn out to be a home server, then I'm in for the purchase of one. But I need it to be able to use MobileMe and stream my stuff all over the place...

Ah... And maybe they should consider announcing some new stuff like:

- Aperture 3, which is long due now (also after SL's launch)

- Video and Movies in many european countries which have been neglected up to now...
  • Reply 17 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phizz View Post

That could be the new keyboard.

Well, it's not that it *could* be. It *is* a Bluetooth 84-key keyboard.
  • Reply 18 of 186
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    MC408LL/A - MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA

Very Interesting?
  • Reply 19 of 186
    Apple Online Store currently down for updates!
  • Reply 20 of 186
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Doh! I knew I should have held out a little longer to get my wife a new redesigned plastic MacBook. I would have, but my wife said she didn't understand why we needed to spend $900+ on a notebook that she just uses to check her email and view pictures/chat with friends on Facebook.

I got her a $250 Acer Aspire One instead and she couldn't be happier (it's much smaller and lighter than her 6.5-pound Toshiba notebook that we replaced). Can't argue with the wife

I hope that Apple does end up releasing a tablet next year in the $500 to $700 price range. I find that my 13" MacBook Pro is a bit overkill at times.