Google issues custom unlocked phones ahead of rumored Jan. launch

Comments

• Reply 321 of 344
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

You've obviously never experienced Google Voice, Google Wave, or Google Maps w/TbT Navigation.

Discount them if you will, but they truly represent the future of mobile communication, much more so than some archaic 320x480 display of Romper Room-inspired colored boxes posing as a GUI.

What's this? I thought that the Zune HD was the future? Very fickle, the anybody but Apple crowd.

Pro tip: being a knee jerk reactionary causes blindness. When you allow what you don't like to define what you do, you lose.
  • Reply 322 of 344
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

What's this? I thought that the Zune HD was the future? Very fickle, the anybody but Apple crowd.

Pro tip: being a knee jerk reactionary causes blindness. When you allow what you don't like to define what you do, you lose.

Do you even recognize how 'knee-jerk' and (often) nonsensical your rants are?

Try actually reading/comprehending a post before responding to it... Ok?

[CENTER]"they truly represent the future of mobile communication"[/CENTER]

Hint: The ZUNE HD is NOT primarily a communication device/smartphone, it's a PMP - LOL!

I understand that you have zero knowledge of anything not sporting a shiny Apple logo on the back, but please try harder in the future not be be such a fan(atic),

So does this not make you the definitive Blind Loser?
  • Reply 323 of 344
    Quote:

If you actually took a second and read/comprehended my post you'd see that I said that the aforementioned Google technologies "represent the future of mobile communication".

Master-Pro Tip: The ZUNE HD is, first and foremost, a Personal Media Player... NOT a communication device.

Seems that your post better represents a 'knee-jerk' reaction.

So... About this Blind Loser Status?

[CENTER](Additionally: Nice work deleting my previous rebuttal to your personal insults. So much for respecting all member opinions)[/CENTER]
  • Reply 324 of 344
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

problems?? too many to count i was having a bad hair day >i guess and ranted on for a while sorry bout that i probably mis understood the whole shebang bet you and quasar anyway

sorry

as for your shower activities i will close my eyes and step away

peace dude

Ah, I think I see where your shower thoughts are going...

It is summer here in NZ and going home in a car that was sitting 8 hours on the sun, under our great ozone hole does make simple shower and change from dress code to casuals look joyously divine... so you should probably close your ears rather than your eyes - my shower singing is that horrible.

That beside, no need to be sorry.

Cheers,
  • Reply 325 of 344
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Ah, I think I see where your shower thoughts are going...

It is summer here in NZ and going home in a car that was sitting 8 hours on the sun, under our great ozone hole does make simple shower and change from dress code to casuals look joyously divine... so you should probably close your ears rather than your eyes - my shower singing is that horrible.

That beside, no need to be sorry.

Cheers,

NZ

wow

i watch the nature shows and nz seems so fantastic

and to think middle earth is right there too.!!

say hello to sam wise for me

peace 9
  • Reply 326 of 344
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

If you actually took a second and read/comprehended my post you'd see that I said that the aforementioned Google technologies "represent the future of mobile communication".

Master-Pro Tip: The ZUNE HD is, first and foremost, a Personal Media Player... NOT a communication device.

Seems that your post better represents a 'knee-jerk' reaction.

So... About this Blind Loser Status?

[CENTER](Additionally: Nice work deleting my previous rebuttal to your personal insults. So much for respecting all member opinions)[/CENTER]

Nope, you were absolutely certain that the groundbreaking, breathtaking Zune HD UI was shortly to sweep through the WinMo product line, forever changing how we interact with mobile phones and quickly obsoleting the tired old iPhone. Went on about at length. Remember? No? Oh, right, you have a new shiny to champion as the iPhone killer. Whatever.

As far as
    Quote:

(Additionally: Nice work deleting my previous rebuttal to your personal insults. So much for respecting all member opinions)

I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Reply 327 of 344
    Quote:

Nope, you were absolutely certain that the groundbreaking, breathtaking Zune HD UI was shortly to sweep through the WinMo product line, forever changing how we interact with mobile phones and quickly obsoleting the tired old iPhone. Went on about at length. Remember? No? Oh, right, you have a new shiny to champion as the iPhone killer. Whatever.

As far as I have no idea what you're talking about.

[CENTER]Simply Pathetic... On Every Conceivable Level. [/CENTER]
  • Reply 328 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I have no idea what is going on here. brucep sounds like he is on one longggggg trip of some kind.

i have no idea either .. goog >sbux is secret code .

Quote:

Loving your signature though.

i love your name too dude

so chip like

peace

• Reply 329 of 344
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

NZ

wow

i watch the nature shows and nz seems so fantastic

and to think middle earth is right there too.!!

say hello to sam wise for me

peace 9

Samwise is a bit busy in his garden, but Peregrin and Meriadoc are gladly raising their cups back at you.

Cheers.
  • Reply 330 of 344
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

[CENTER]Simply Pathetic... On Every Conceivable Level. [/CENTER]

Are you projecting your feeling about the Zune HD and their Twitter app on to Addabox again? You really ought to have more dignity seeing as how you have the PMP for the ?discerning" customer an' all.
  • Reply 331 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Samwise is a bit busy in his garden, but Peregrin and Meriadoc are gladly raising their cups back at you.

Cheers.

the road goes on forever ,,,out thru my .....

• Reply 332 of 344
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

No it is interesting to see how you look from your only one. If company X sells 10 units instead of 1 it makes for 1000% growth but they are still irrelevant. In absolute numbers, BB increased their lead over iPhone in the last year, so it is really funny for you to argue Apple is in great position to overtake BB. BB is accepted by the enterprise : if your employer choice of your next mobile is three models of BB, which iPhone will you choose ? The one you have to pay by yourself and use BB you get for free to fix that short leg of your table ?

"Research In Motion Ltd. and Palm Inc. report quarterly results Thursday that will likely show sales gains but little headway against rival Apple Inc.'s iPhone.

While both Palm and RIM released new devices recently?RIM's Storm 2 in October and Palm's Pixi phone last month?the companies continue to face pressure from the iPhone as well as new entrants like Motorola Inc.'s Droid device.

According to research firm IDC, RIM and Palm gained market share in smart phones from the June quarter to the September quarter. But neither kept up with the momentum of the iPhone, which gained nearly five percentage points"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._sections_tech
  • Reply 333 of 344
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Palm will have another shot when webOS boosts Verizon's lackluster phone line up soon.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

While both Palm and RIM released new devices recently?RIM's Storm 2 in October and Palm's Pixi phone last month?the companies continue to face pressure from the iPhone as well as new entrants like Motorola Inc.'s Droid device.

• Reply 334 of 344
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Palm will have another shot when webOS boosts Verizon's lackluster phone line up soon.

Palm might finally have a viable SDK for WebOS. Who would have thought creating an OS-agnostic, browser-base SDK would be a smart move for a browser-based OS? (sarcasm) If Palm really would have held off the Pre, WebOS and that beyond bad Mojo SDK until around this time, opposite of the iPhone focus, not 2 weeks before it launched with a poor competitor I might have more faith in Palm than I do now.
  • Reply 335 of 344
    I agree with you. Palm definitely will not be anyone's iPhone equivalent. I'm looking at Verizon's specific circumstance. They have a loyal subscriber base because of their network, but they have a poor phone selection.

A webOS based phone will be head and shoulders above phones such as the LG Env Touch, LG Chocolate Touch, and Samsung Rogue. Because it will be so much better than these other phones offered it should have a pretty good chance.

Another interesting side note is that Ares does not appear to support Internet Explorer. Another example of how MS plays little to no role in the development of the mobile internet, and ultimately the erosion of MS dominance over the browser market as a whole.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Palm might finally have a viable SDK for WebOS. Who would have thought creating an OS-agnostic, browser-base SDK would be a smart move for a browser-based OS? (sarcasm) If Palm really would have held off the Pre, WebOS and that beyond bad Mojo SDK until around this time, opposite of the iPhone focus, not 2 weeks before it launched with a poor competitor I might have more faith in Palm than I do now.

• Reply 336 of 344
    I'm really curious, what is all you forumers takes on LG, Samsung and Sony? I don't see any real hype and stuff with their models, particularly in the US media.

I mean, they're churning out oodles of smartphone models, what's wrong with them? I can't get my head around this.

Quote:

I agree with you. Palm definitely will not be anyone's iPhone equivalent. I'm looking at Verizon's specific circumstance. They have a loyal subscriber base because of their network, but they have a poor phone selection.

A webOS based phone will be head and shoulders above phones such as the LG Env Touch, LG Chocolate Touch, and Samsung Rogue. Because it will be so much better than these other phones offered it should have a pretty good chance.

Another interesting side note is that Ares does not appear to support Internet Explorer. Another example of how MS plays little to no role in the development of the mobile internet, and ultimately the erosion of MS dominance over the browser market as a whole.

• Reply 337 of 344
    (oops, post problem)
  • Reply 338 of 344
    Those LG and Samsung phones straddle the line between cheap dumbphones and expensive smartphones. Basically phones that are like smartphones for people who don't really need or want to pay for a smartphone.

The feature lists on these phones are pretty long, the hardware isn't particularly great, the touch screens aren't that great. But the biggest problem with these phone is that the software and user interface are terrible. These phones can access the web and email, but they aren't good at either function.

I think that area between the dumbphone and the expensive smartphone is the area where the current Palm device can likely find success.

Quote:

I'm really curious, what is all you forumers takes on LG, Samsung and Sony? I don't see any real hype and stuff with their models, particularly in the US media.

I mean, they're churning out oodles of smartphone models, what's wrong with them? I can't get my head around this.

• Reply 339 of 344
    Quote:

IE is going no where. MS already made some great strides for standards with IE8 which i saw as the beginning of the end, not of their dominance but of them trying to bend the internet to their will. With IE9 it looks like they are subscribing to the old adage ?if you can?t beat em, join em.? This is the only thing I ever wanted from MS, to get in line. Hopefully they?ll to compete with speed, too.

As a browser it offers a lot of benefits for Windows users that other brothers can?t match. I use it when using Windows, albeit with the Chrome Frame plug-in set to always on. This gives me the full OS interaction that I like with Safari but with a competition and standards browser engine.
  • Reply 340 of 344
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Like most people I use about 10-20 apps. Everything else to me is useless.

Well, there are billions of women in the world but in my life I have only been interested in a handfull of them. I will say, however, I'm sure glad the rest of the ladies exist .... to the extreme satisfaction of, you know .... everyone else!

In any case Extreme, and all others, even Techstud (whoever he may be now) I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (in whatever faith, or non-faith) you live your life by.