Book listing claims Apple's iLife '11 will be 64-bit, iOS compatible

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 144
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Believe it or not, I agree with you and the things you outlined in your reply. The only thing that bugs me is when people suggest that streaming (at the quality levels available today) IS a replacement for physical media and BR specifically. I'd like to think that both can coexist until such a time as they come up with a way to effectively stream BR quality (whenever that will be). I'd like to believe that now that they've given us a taste of really high quality, they're not just going to settle for whatever quality streaming can currently be sustained at. You'll forgive me for being skeptical, though, as past experience tells me to be.

Mea culpa. I thought you were suggesting that they couldn?t co-exist.
  • Reply 142 of 144
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Mea culpa. I thought you were suggesting that they couldn?t co-exist.

Yeah, me and clarity sometimes don't mesh so well.
  • Reply 143 of 144
    After having read this entire forum-nothing about Blu-ray audio.

The reason i bought a blu-ray player and discs is for the audio !!

No h.264 or stream can compare with a usual 32 gigs at least of audio on every blu-ray.

When watching a converted h.264 on a phone it looks good the audio does not much matter as

you listen through your headphones. right.

How about taking that stream or h.264 and comparing it on a big hd tv to the audio of a blu-ray.

If SOUND matters then blu-ray is for you !! For me the movie experience is as much AUDIO as

Video. No stream or h.264 can compare.

I'm really interested if people will just accept crappy audio for ease of use and space like Mp3's

for movies ??

I also didn't want a new medium to collect that would vanish sooner then later.

But being into sound and video QUALITY there is no choice. I don't understand how a stream or file unless way huge can ever compare to the quality of sound.

The convenience of the smaller file like mp3 drives most consumers.

Watching older movies on blu-ray is awesome. I wish most of the folks who were involved with productions lived long enough to see their work shared this beautifully !!!

How about Blu-ray support or more of it in a new imovie version !!

All Idvd really did for me was make menus.
  • Reply 144 of 144
    alandailalandail Posts: 755member
    it really depends on what you're watching. If you're watching Inception, you should get it on Blu Ray. If you're watching Hangover, streaming it is going to be just fine.