Samsung's global Galaxy Tab sales lag behind Apple iPad at 600K

Comments

• Reply 201 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Yeah, it works fine for iOS apps. I'm not knocking it at all. Actually, Microsoft was praised for coming up with the method for WP7 that Apple is using in iOS now.

I don't even know if you could find it, but I told people on these forums years ago that I envisioned Apple taking a snap shot of each app, storing it's state in a property bag, then bringing it back up the way the user left it, all as a means of explaining how multitasking might work in iOS. I called it lol

That's not the way iOS multitasking does work!
  • Reply 202 of 337
    Quote:

jarhead? You do realize that's not a general insult you throw around, but rather a nickname given to those who served in the marines?

ANYWAYS, what is your point here? Did I say something you didn't like? Honestly? Get over it.

yes, shape of your skull i imagine.

if you can't figure out the point about multitasking....
  • Reply 203 of 337
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:

How does that disprove anything?

It Doesn't... In The Least.
  • Reply 204 of 337
    Quote:

Microsoft did, actually...

Don't believe me? Look it up. They showed how they would handle multitasking in WP7 long before Apple did, and it works exactly the same.

If you want to make a statement you're liable to show evidence instead making it out if thin air and ask people to "look it up" themselves. It's still up to your butt
  • Reply 205 of 337
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jca666us View Post

No one convinced me multitasking wasn't necessary - apple does it better than everyone - including Microsoft - where better is defined as:

Minimizing excessive use of a mobile device's limited resources.

Really? My guess is you aren't in a position to comment on Microsoft's methods, especially given the fact that you are blatantly and willfully convincing yourself of a lie about who introduced it first...
  • Reply 206 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

That's not the way iOS multitasking does work!

Oops, maybe I over simplified it.
  • Reply 207 of 337
    Quote:

They DIDN'T adopt anything similar to iOS. Stop making stuff up. They came up with a NEW method that used less memory, and avoided the whole argument you're trying to bring up now. Suspiciously, Apple later announced a system very similar.

And you're right, on a mobile device with limited resources, Microsoft's solution was better. On a device with sufficient RAM, however, it's not as much of an issue. Most people won't run every app they own in the background.

BTW, I'm finding it so hilarious that you keep attacking my reading comprehension skills when I've shown over and over why my position isn't illogical or wrong. What's with the rudeness?

Microsoft announced how they were going to tackle multitasking with wp7 - except wp7 doesn't support 3rd party app multitasking - yet.

Just because apple didnt hold a press conference about it two years ago doesn't mean squat. iOS 4 has been in development for quite a bit long then ms's pipe dreams for wp7.

Btw, apple didn't announce a similar solution, they released a similar solution which indicates they were further along than ms was.
  • Reply 208 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fila97 View Post

If you want to make a statement you're liable to show evidence instead making it out if thin air and ask people to "look it up" themselves. It's still up to your butt

You're right. I should have, but I was being lazy. Incidentally, he DID look it up, and confirmed what I said. Still he sticks to his false reality, however.
  • Reply 209 of 337
    Quote:

Microsoft announced how they were going to tackle multitasking with wp7 - except wp7 doesn't support 3rd party app multitasking - yet.

Just because apple didnt hold a press conference about it two years ago doesn't mean squat. iOS 4 has been in development for quite a bit long then ms's pipe dreams for wp7.

Btw, apple didn't announce a similar solution, they released a similar solution which indicates they were further along than ms was.

You think WP7 was put together overnight?
  • Reply 210 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

yes, shape of your skull i imagine.

if you can't figure out the point about multitasking....

Actually the shape of my skull is more akin to that of the cheese helmets Green Bay Packers fans wear to games.

You may call me Cheese-head if you wish... It's a deformity, and extremely tumorous, but absolutely hilarious looking.
  • Reply 211 of 337
    Quote:

Really? My guess is you aren't in a position to comment on Microsoft's methods, especially given the fact that you are blatantly and willfully convincing yourself of a lie about who introduced it first...

sure as sh*t wasn't MS. multitasking existed long before Windows had it. you think apple were like 'oh gee, we can't figure out this multitasking its just too dang hard'? the iphone could and did multitask from day one. its just that apple only allowed certain programs to do so.
  • Reply 212 of 337
    Quote:

Who introduced it to consumers first in a commercially available product - apple.

It's been relatively bug free, while wp7 still needs a bit of work.

Just bc ms threw together a press conference doesn't mean anything except that smart people at two different companies came to the same conclusion.

One company - apple - came to that solution earlier.

A press conference is no replacement for a shipping product.
  • Reply 213 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

sure as sh*t wasn't MS. multitasking existed long before Windows had it. you think apple were like 'oh gee, we can't figure out this multitasking its just too dang hard'? the iphone could and did multitask from day one. its just that apple only allowed certain programs to do so.

hahaha! You're so right! Thanks for showing me the truth, brother.

• Reply 214 of 337
    Quote:

Who introduced it to consumers first in a commercially available product - apple.

It's been relatively bug free, while wp7 still needs a bit of work.

Just bc ms threw together a press conference doesn't mean anything except that smart people at two different companies came to the same conclusion.

One company - apple - came to that solution earlier.

A press conference is no replacement for a shipping product.

Well, one company had their product already available, while the other still had to physically get that product into the hands of people.

Which is easier/quicker? A software update, or the release of an entirely brand new mobile operating system on numerous devices?

At least you're willing to admit as much as "smart people at two different companies came to the same conclusion" which is a far cry from Microsoft copying Apple. That's progress
  • Reply 215 of 337
    Quote:

You're right. I should have, but I was being lazy. Incidentally, he DID look it up, and confirmed what I said. Still he sticks to his false reality, however.

Seems to me one can make a statement out of thin air without providing evidence with the excuse of "being lazy" these days. Hmmm...
  • Reply 216 of 337
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fila97 View Post

Seems to me one can make a statement out of thin air without providing evidence with the excuse of "being lazy" these days. Hmmm...

Except the information is easily accessible through Google (which was actually given to us by aliens, look it up if you don't believe me.)
  • Reply 217 of 337
    Quote:

You think WP7 was put together overnight?

From the reviews, it certainly sounds like ms slapped it together in record time.
  • Reply 218 of 337
    Quote:

From the reviews, it certainly sounds like ms slapped it together in record time.

Which ones? The reviews I read gave the opposite impression; that WP7 was a great start for Microsoft's new platform...

I'm sure you can find reviews from people who didn't like it, but in all seriousness, this idea that it felt "slapped together" is definitely NOT the impression I got from the majority of reviewers.
  • Reply 219 of 337
    Quote:

Well, one company had their product already available, while the other still had to physically get that product into the hands of people.

Which is easier/quicker? A software update, or the release of an entirely brand new mobile operating system on numerous devices?

At least you're willing to admit as much as "smart people at two different companies came to the same conclusion" which is a far cry from Microsoft copying Apple. That's progress

Well, apple released the prototype of android and wp7 in 2007

• Reply 220 of 337
    Quote:

Except the information is easily accessible through Google (which was actually given to us by aliens, look it up if you don't believe me.)

See? "look it up" again and yet expect people to buy your story.