Sprint counters Verizon iPhone 4 with dual-screen Android phone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

... Awkward to use, Nintendo sells gameboys like this.

Yeah, I know, I've watched people using them.
  • Reply 22 of 171
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Is this serious? Oh my, they really can't compete these days.
  • Reply 23 of 171
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Some people on here need to get a life and not constantly bash anything and everything that isn't from Apple.

Umm, you are at an APPLE forum, not Engadget. It's what we do! LOL
  • Reply 24 of 171
    Quote:

Some people on here need to get a life and not constantly bash anything and everything that isn't from Apple.

Well honestly this phone is a total Fail. 1st gen processor, no 4G, no front camera, only 5mp camera and it costs $200 with a $10/month smartphone data fee. I have an EVO 4G and I absolutely love it but the Echo just sucks. Most people expected something amazing to best the current top of the line phone on Sprint, the EVO, but this one just isn't gonna do it. I'm not an Apple "fanboy" but I do have some of their products and they're awesome. Kyocera just isn't
  • Reply 25 of 171
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Funny, you often remind me of the same thing.

Of course I do. You're biased. That's how that works.

Right here, you are literally talking out of your ass trying to find reasons to not like this thing, all based on opinion and assumptions alone. Why? Oh because Apple didn't make it.

AI is the equivalent of Fox News with Apple related news. Did we ever get a follow up on that INCORRECT 16% return rate for the galaxy tab? Turns out it was only 2%, and every other tech news site I visit DID follow up. Not here. Not at Fox Ne--- I mean, Apple Insider.
  • Reply 26 of 171
    Seems gimmicky to me too. Has this company produced any other phone that worked well? I never heard of them.
  • Reply 27 of 171
    I agree with some others. This is a very niche market sort of product. It will scoop up a small handful of people who might want this sort of thing but it isn't practical for any sort of utilitarian purpose (and what features it does have will be counter-weighed by things like battery life). It makes sense in trying to grab a small market, but it is useless as a large-scale competitor.
  • Reply 28 of 171
    I don't like moving parts on my cell phone, but Apple should consider making their screen larger (keep same pixel count)....there is plenty of wasted space above/below the screen right now.
  • Reply 29 of 171
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Of course I do. You're biased. That's how that works.

Right here, you are literally talking out of your ass trying to find reasons to not like this thing, all based on opinion and assumptions alone. Why? Oh because Apple didn't make it.

AI is the equivalent of Fox News with Apple related news. Did we ever get a follow up on that INCORRECT 16% return rate for the galaxy tab? Turns out it was only 2%, and every other tech news site I visit DID follow up. Not here. Not at Fox Ne--- I mean, Apple Insider.

I told you- you're wasting your time. It's like dealing with AI's own Anne Coulter. As if Apple's never made anything ugly- and this may not be museum material but it's far from ugly.
  • Reply 30 of 171
    Fail - Fail
  • Reply 31 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

Hah, what android update? I was unaware android phones ever got updated lol

They do have updates and they don't require iTunes to do them.
  • Reply 32 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vjo,npd View Post

They do have updates and they don't require iTunes to do them.

That might be true but do they work...
  • Reply 33 of 171
    Let's see - additional battery, dual monitors on the one hand. On the other, a radical UI change, apps will need to be updated to take advantage of two screens. No thanks.

The plus for this for Sprint is a unique form factor (not sure it'll win converts but it does help with marketing) and a lot of attention for a few days. Hype is hype. I read about this on so many blogs. For Kyocera maybe a toe hold in the US cell phone market? Even if they don't knock it out of the park with this one it can still "succeed" since there are many measures of success.
  • Reply 34 of 171
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n64kps View Post

Well honestly this phone is a total Fail. 1st gen processor, no 4G, no front camera, only 5mp camera and it costs $200 with a $10/month smartphone data fee. I have an EVO 4G and I absolutely love it but the Echo just sucks. Most people expected something amazing to best the current top of the line phone on Sprint, the EVO, but this one just isn't gonna do it. I'm not an Apple "fanboy" but I do have some of their products and they're awesome. Kyocera just isn't

Well put. My point is that it will probably appeal to kids and as such not everything needs to be of museum quality to further erode Apple's iOS share. Therefore not a total fail.
  • Reply 35 of 171
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

People are going to bash other products on an apple themed site. Duh!!!! Helll they even bash apple products on this site.

This phone is a double fail.
  • Reply 36 of 171
    This thing is like two "average" Android device surgically stitched together..
  • Reply 37 of 171
    This phone was clearly "Plan B" in case Sprint didn't get the iPhone.
  • Reply 38 of 171

...an exclusive new Android-powered dual-touchscreen smartphone from Kyocera, a unique device touted as an "industry last."

• Reply 39 of 171
    So uh, I guess you can't do youtube on one screen and then talk/email/text while using the other screen on 3G. Hahaha. Looks like a DS.
  • Reply 40 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by obi View Post

what about battery life?

A lot of information is provided, but its interesting to see that some is missing.

'Tablet' sized screen but room for phone battery?

It's bad enough that they're providing an extra battery for free..