Sprint counters Verizon iPhone 4 with dual-screen Android phone

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 171
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Hey, you never know. The displays might not be using as much power as you think, and it's the phone's radio that's mostly to blame for battery drain.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by n.k View Post

i'm 99% sure your wrong about the phones radio using all the battery. its the processor and screen or my old nokia that went for a week without charging would get the same BL as my iphone 4.

I had phones that lasted a week too, I never shut them off either. It had a tiny screen though. I get maybe three days on iPhone on slower weeks, pretty good, all things considered.

I wouldn't underestimate the power required to run the backlight, especially for those that crank the brightness up. I doubt I'd get half a day on idle if the display backlight never shut off.
  • Reply 162 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by artistx View Post

Plastic Design Fail

Hinge Will Fail

Two Screen Battery Drain Fail

Each screen has its own battery?
  • Reply 163 of 171
    sambansamban Posts: 171member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

DaHarder has ordered 4.5 of them for his 9 family members

He works on multiple of 3 or maybe prime numbers (3, 7, 11 ...)
  • Reply 164 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Well that's life I guess. Having said that, IMHO they (we) are entitled to be biased on an all Apple blog. What is unacceptable on an all Apple blog someone being anti Apple for the sake of it. They should definitely go to a generalized tech blog or the blog of their passion. Many obviously do it to antagonize and should be banned. There is plenty of room for discussion and different opinions here and there often are between loyal Apple fans which is all to the good.

What is pathetic IMO is seeing 50% of the posts in a topic saying Apple fans shouldn't say this or that when they are simply being typically fun loving enthusiasts. Ever been to a sports game and listened to the home crowds opinions of the visiting team? Would you go amongst them and tell them off?

Couldn't agree more. I have complained about this countless times, for the life of me I don't understand the following:

1) You hate Apple so why are you on AI

2) You love Android or Windows or RIM, go on their sites

3) AI is for us Apple enthusiasts, we love Apple, how come you don't understand this

4) We on AI love to bash non-Apple crap, because the vast majority is crap and bad copies

Remember who made the first and proper smart phone folks !

5) Why are we being ordered how to behave on our website by Appel-Haters

6) Why do they attack DED so fiercely, is it because he is right ?

7) How many incarnations has tekstud had so far, and why does he do it ?

8) Why do android zealots never count iPod, iPad numbers in OS counts ?
  • Reply 165 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

DaHarder has ordered 4.5 of them for his 9 family members

Lol !

Although you are mistaken, he has only 3 family members, unless he has updated the count since the last time. I am trying to do the math with the 2 screen phone, and although it appears simple at first, 1.5 each for each of his 3 family members get 3 each. You think you are confused, spare a thought for me. But this can't be, can it ? Too simple. So is it 3 each for each of his 3 family members, or is it 1.5 ? My head hurts.
  • Reply 166 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

How did you arrive at 4.5 ?
  • Reply 167 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

AppleInsider does not necessarily mean AppleChearleader- you may want to note that. Inside news about Apple and its products does not imply it's only for fan-atics.

Oh yes it does, it means we can bash anything we want, even Apple.

But this hardly happens, as the products are so damn great. So we bash crap, that means android, rim and windoze rubbish. Can't accept this, then get out, its your choice buddy.

Otherwise may I suggest that you put EVERYBODY on your ignore list, that may solve your problem.
  • Reply 168 of 171
    At long last I have answered the posts from others so I can now make my own wonderful and insightful points.

No matter how much android rubbish gets out there, 3 inch, 5 inch, 7, 9, 11 50 inch phones, 2 screens, 3 screens, cube of screens, running the gazzillion versions of android, most of its DOA, or will sell in limited numbers. But the evil empire does not care, as he is sitting ticking of each device that comes of the production line and bloated with this rubbish. It increases their market share, even if its by a single unit, the champagne corks will fly. Thats all they care about.

Some have commented about intelligence in appliances, so I'm waiting for android for my coffee table, it will have 3 legs but will be waiting for an update for the 4th, been promised it will happen any day now. What about android in my car, all the gizmos will have all different versions of android so won't be able to communicate properly with each other. Lights will come on during the day, alarm will sound when I'm driving, doors will lock me inside the car unable to leave.

But hey its in 800 million cars, so it MUST BE BETTER !
  • Reply 169 of 171
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n.k View Post

i'm 99% sure your wrong about the phones radio using all the battery. its the processor and screen or my old nokia that went for a week without charging would get the same BL as my iphone 4. this will be hammering the processor multi tasking like that and using twice the power for twice the screen. if there was a lower powered screen that didnt look like a kindle, apple would be useing it. i think the spare battery is a bit of a give away. but that means powering off and swapping it out every 4 or 5 hours. i think this is a bit of a gimmicky. i also think typing on that second touch screen while its open will be a pain. sorry to contradict you. just throwing my hat into the ring.

You make great points. In my experience, however, I see battery drain faster when the radio is in use. Tethering, for example, will have a very noticeable impact on the battery life, even when the screen is off.
  • Reply 170 of 171
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    I couldn't sleep so I started reading through old articles here, and when I got to this one, I had to stop and see what the Fandroids were saying about this phone (I was sure they'd be calling it the new hotness or at least talking about how cool it was without ever using it). Now that it's out, go to a Sprint store and try it. I have because my old phone broke and the sales guy tried to convince me to buy this hog.

It's a piece of shit. It's got two screens, both of which suck. The colors appeared washed out and the processor was just too weak to handle both screens. Everything took too long to load, and even simple actions like swiping from one home screen to another was sluggish.

The phone was a bomb and you never heard a damn thing about it after it was released. So if you ripped on those who predicted that this thing was a turd, you need to eat some crow. Cuz damn...