Sprint counters Verizon iPhone 4 with dual-screen Android phone

Comments

• Reply 41 of 171
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    The problem is there are too many androids for anyone of them to be successful on the scale of Iphone. Iphone needs to just go to sprint and t-mobile already. Just because someone made it doesn't mean there is an audience for it.
  • Reply 42 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

Umm, you are at an APPLE forum, not Engadget. It's what we do! LOL

You mean Engadget, where they bash all things Apple.

As for this phone at first glance I say meh. Just doesn't jump out at me. Also I seem to remember a dual screen phone before so the only industry first would be the two running independent. Which I agree seems too gimmicky to really take off.

But I knew Sprint wouldn't grab the iPhone. It will be the T-Mobile for Verizon buyers and that's it. Why? Because they are going WiMax not LTE. All signs point to th iPhone going LTE so why bother with something thar you know will be hobbled and your subscribers jump ship on you. Pretty smart non move.
  • Reply 43 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Of course I do. You're biased. That's how that works.

Right here, you are literally talking out of your ass trying to find reasons to not like this thing, all based on opinion and assumptions alone. Why? Oh because Apple didn't make it.

AI is the equivalent of Fox News with Apple related news. Did we ever get a follow up on that INCORRECT 16% return rate for the galaxy tab? Turns out it was only 2%, and every other tech news site I visit DID follow up. Not here. Not at Fox Ne--- I mean, Apple Insider.

Tell me again, who died and made you God?
  • Reply 44 of 171
    Quote:

Right here, you are literally talking out of your ass trying to find reasons to not like this thing, all based on opinion and assumptions alone. Why? Oh because Apple didn't make it.

AI is the equivalent of Fox News with Apple related news. Did we ever get a follow up on that INCORRECT 16% return rate for the galaxy tab? Turns out it was only 2%, and every other tech news site I visit DID follow up. Not here. Not at Fox Ne--- I mean, Apple Insider.

How can you be certain that it isn't you who's biased?

Right here, you are literally talking out of your ass trying to find reasons to like this thing, all based on opinion and assumptions alone. Why? Oh because Apple didn't make it.

See how that works?

And, regarding the 2% vs. 16% return rate, it's quite likely that the analysis at the link below is correct and that both numbers are technically correct, depending on what it's a percentage of:

http://twistedmelon.com/blog/feb2011.html#02031101

Samsung has clearly been spinning numbers, and is always quoting numbers shipped to vendors. not sales, so it's almost certain that their return numbers are also based on that. So, what's most likely, and what is the least biased, most rational, conclusion, based on what we know about shipments vs. sales and Samsung's previous reporting of numbers is that it's 2% and 16%, depending on what it's a percent of.
  • Reply 45 of 171
    Phone makers, going to 11 is not always the best option.

Having said that, I'd entertain the possibility of a three-screen, dual-keyboard phone.
  • Reply 46 of 171
    Quote:

Exactly which sites were those. Cause I read about a dozen sites and none of them ever corrected the whole Samsumg 16 v iPad 2 talk. I would love to check out some more actual sites.
  • Reply 47 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n64kps View Post

Well honestly this phone is a total Fail. 1st gen processor, no 4G, no front camera, only 5mp camera and it costs $200 with a $10/month smartphone data fee. I have an EVO 4G and I absolutely love it but the Echo just sucks. Most people expected something amazing to best the current top of the line phone on Sprint, the EVO, but this one just isn't gonna do it. I'm not an Apple "fanboy" but I do have some of their products and they're awesome. Kyocera just isn't

I disagree. This phone looks like a very decent product and could actually be quite good if it is supported for at least a year or two. It has a 2nd gen Snapdragon 1GHz processor, not 1st gen. It's also only $299 off contract (which to me is incredibly cheap) and having to only buy a $10 data plan makes this great for kids and low-cost buyers. 4G doesn't really matter and testers are saying that battery life when using both screens is a full day. The fact that they include an extra battery is icing on the cake. Most significantly, it looks like Kyocera has put a lot of work into customizing the software to work well, and it is a really good interface. This attention to experience gives hope for sustained support. Reviewers also commented on its smooth running of Android (which is uncommon on most handsets: the majority having significant lag), and the hardware looks decent overall (although I would vote for a higher quality front covering--maybe glass instead of plastic). Decent resolution too, 800x480. It's the best phone on Sprint and at a good price overall as well. I wouldn't say it's in the same league as the iPhone, but it's a great Android phone.
  • Reply 48 of 171
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    They are running out of ideas!
  • Reply 49 of 171
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

People are going to bash other products on an apple themed site. Duh!!!! Helll they even bash apple products on this site.

This phone is a double fail.

Is this AppleFOX news?
  • Reply 50 of 171
    From a programming standpoint, it seems that the app would have to support dual display, which is not a primary concern when releasing. Unless there are billions of these.
  • Reply 51 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Is this AppleFOX news?

Someone ran out of ideas.
  • Reply 52 of 171
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    No correction was necessary because as daringfireball points out Samsung is choosing not to solve the mystery by clarifying the issue. It is possible for the number to be 16% to retailers, but only 2 % percent to Samsung itself.

I have no opinion on the device, other then the casing looks cheap and I have no interest in an Android device.

The difference between Appleinsider and Fox News is Appleinsider doesn't make any claims to be fair and unbiased as well as selling itself off as legitimate news. The site has rumors in the title. Rumors do not constitute news. Further, the title of the website kind of lets you know there there might be a bias. You are not going to run a website on Apple if you aren't a fan of its products.

Quote:

• Reply 53 of 171
    Slick. And you fanbois know it...
  • Reply 54 of 171
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

This thing is like two "average" Android device surgically stitched together..

The cellphone version of "Human Centipede"?

• Reply 55 of 171
    One is good. Two is better. Three must be best. Can't wait for triple screen!
  • Reply 56 of 171
    macnycmacnyc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

If anyone is assuming anything and talking out of their ass, it is you.

How do you know he doesn't like it because it's not Apple? You don't.

Are there legitimate reasons not to like it? Yes.
  • Reply 57 of 171
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    I'm not buying one until they put tail fins on it.
  • Reply 58 of 171
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:

Well said. I wish a certain few people here realized that! The 'Please don't be so biased to Apple" comments are pretty stupid on a pure Apple blog!
  • Reply 59 of 171
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Gimmicky!!!

Phones with the pico projector

or phones with surround sound
  • Reply 60 of 171
    Quote:

Don't worry -- the folks at Engadget are bashing it too. This thing is objectively fugly...