Study: iPhone 5 web usage surges past Samsung Galaxy S III

Comments

• Reply 21 of 166
    The Apple Iphone5 to my astonishment is hands down the most extraordinary phone ever built. It is truly a work of art and is a thing of excellence and beauty of craftmenship and technology.. Congratulations to Apple and all the many who will be so rewarded having this masterpiece as one of their own.. Keep up the good work Apple. You guys are the best.
  • Reply 22 of 166
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Well it looked like he said that he didn't understand why people tweak their home screens or add widgets.

In response to what?

I see where you are going, but his observation stands independent of platform, unless otherwise qualified, which it isn't.

• Reply 23 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianopoet View Post

The Apple Iphone5 to my astonishment is hands down the most extraordinary phone ever built. It is truly a work of art and is a thing of excellence and beauty of craftmenship and technology.. Congratulations to Apple and all the many who will be so rewarded having this masterpiece as one of their own.. Keep up the good work Apple. You guys are the best.

That's remarkable -  you have zero posts. And yet you posted. It's a sign.

•  

• Reply 24 of 166
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    muppetry wrote: »
    I see where you are going, but his observation stands independent of platform, unless otherwise qualified, which it isn't.

His reply was about people adding widgets and such on their SGS lll which is possible because of Android then he exalted iOS for being so great, yet there are a great many people that do just that on their iPhones.
  • Reply 25 of 166
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Surely that's from people going to maps.google.com because they can't use iOS 6 Maps.

I'm almost ready to agree with you.

Maps is such a small return, which I believe you we're eluding to, that I do not believe it will sway one to one form or the other.

Still have not seen an iPhone 5, and I'm at the "Happiest Place on Earth". I'm quite literally amazed I haven't seen one yet.
  • Reply 26 of 166

Quote:

Quote:

His reply was about people adding widgets and such on their SGS lll which is possible because of Android then he exalted iOS for being so great, yet there are a great many people that do just that on their iPhones.

The post he was responding to was about the S III, but he mentioned neither that phone, nor Android in general. You assumed that he was restricting his comment to users of that phone.

• Reply 27 of 166

New phones only please.

Indeed.

So two weeks after the Galaxy Note 2 is released, we'll compare its web usage to this iPhone's at the two week mark, shall we?

• Reply 28 of 166

<ul class="post-user-name" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;list-style-type:none;"><li class="post-username" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:0px;font-size:18px;"><span class="pmenuShow HM-user-menu" id="user_pMenu-188087" style="display:block;font-family:'lucida grande', verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(70,70,70);"><a href="/u/188087/pianopoet" id="user_poster_2210579" style="color:rgb(18,86,183);vertical-align:middle;" name="user_poster_2210579">pianopoet</a>
    </span>
    </li>

</ul>
    <ul class="post-user-stats" id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1081" style="margin-top:5px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;list-style-type:none;"><li id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1098" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;line-height:15px;font-size:11px;">Joined: Oct 2012</li>

<li id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1094" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;line-height:15px;font-size:11px;">Posts: 0</li>

<li id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1080" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;line-height:15px;font-size:11px;"><span class="icon-of-online itext" id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1078" style="padding-top:3px;padding-bottom:2px;height:16px;line-height:17px;background-image:url(http://forums.appleinsider.com/custom/huddle/appleinsider/icons-generated/icons-default.v1350087096.png);padding-left:22px;margin-left:-6px;background-position:0px -2500px;" title="online">online</span>
    </li>

[*]  
    </ul>

Why did you do that? I never received a welcome, but I have read others who have had an actual welcome... Did I miss something?

I have collected 21 of Tallests (Troll) responses (he wouldn't give me the complete list). And this person had 1 post so you attacked this person!? Please let me know what I missed. I must have missed something rather large....
  • Reply 29 of 166
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The report goes on to speculate that the sixth-generation iPhone's 4G LTE connectivity helped to bring more users online, as the fast data speeds allow for a more enjoyable web browsing experience.

Chitika Insights writes:

I dont' buy this theory on LTE. Sammy G3 has LTE. Perhaps people are just getting the Sammy phone as a status symbol as they don't seem to use it as a smart phone.

• Reply 30 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

Why did you do that? I never received a welcome, but I have read others who have had an actual welcome... Did I miss something?

I have collected 21 of Tallests (Troll) responses (he wouldn't give me the complete list). And this person had 1 post so you attacked this person!? Please let me know what I missed. I must have missed something rather large....

Ummm.... the only 'large' thing you seem to be missing is ability to process information.

(Unless, of course, you were being tongue-in-cheek, in which case, please accept my apologies).

• Reply 31 of 166

<ul class="post-user-name" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;list-style-type:none;"><li class="post-username" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:0px;font-size:18px;"><span class="pmenuShow HM-user-menu" id="user_pMenu-188087" style="display:block;font-family:'lucida grande', verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(70,70,70);"><a href="/u/188087/pianopoet" id="user_poster_2210579" style="color:rgb(18,86,183);vertical-align:middle;" name="user_poster_2210579">pianopoet</a>
    </span>
    </li>

</ul>
    <ul class="post-user-stats" id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1081" style="margin-top:5px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;list-style-type:none;"><li id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1098" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;line-height:15px;font-size:11px;">Joined: Oct 2012</li>

<li id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1094" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;line-height:15px;font-size:11px;">Posts: 0</li>

<li id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1080" style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;padding-top:3px;padding-right:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;line-height:15px;font-size:11px;"><span class="icon-of-online itext" id="user_yui_3_5_1_1_1350096849538_1078" style="padding-top:3px;padding-bottom:2px;height:16px;line-height:17px;background-image:url(http://forums.appleinsider.com/custom/huddle/appleinsider/icons-generated/icons-default.v1350087096.png);padding-left:22px;margin-left:-6px;background-position:0px -2500px;" title="online">online</span>
    </li>

[*]  
    </ul>
    The Immaculate Post!
  • Reply 32 of 166

And this person had 1 post so you attacked this person!? Please let me know what I missed. I must have missed something rather large....

I'd laugh, but then you'd have 22. Perhaps you do, anyway, whatever that means.

I see no "attack" there. He's simply commenting on how Huddler occasionally screws up post counts for new users.

• Reply 33 of 166
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    vadania wrote: »
    I'm almost ready to agree with you.
    Maps is such a small return, which I believe you we're eluding to, that I do not believe it will sway one to one form or the other.
    Still have not seen an iPhone 5, and I'm at the "Happiest Place on Earth". I'm quite literally amazed I haven't seen one yet.

You're at Disney World?
  • Reply 34 of 166

Quote:

Quote:

• [*]  

You misunderstand - maybe I was too cryptic. I was simply pointing out that according to the counter that poster had zero posts - a logical impossibility (well obviously a Huddler glitch). I was not attacking at all.

• Reply 35 of 166
    Whatever you are smoking, stop.
  • Reply 36 of 166

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You're at Disney World?

Yes, it's best to clarify that. There's a dive bar in Vegas with the same name. 

• Reply 37 of 166
    "But the iPhone 5 sucks. I heard it from the Internet. Maps is generically, nonspecifically bad, iOS 6 is stale like a loaf of bread, and Apple is just catching up, right?"

I will absolutely give you the fact that "Maps is generically, nonspecifically bad".
  • Reply 38 of 166
    Yes, it's best to clarify that. There's a dive bar in Vegas with the same name. 

Happiest place on Earth!

I have never been West of the Appellations. I will in a couple of months however. Going to see Tombstone, and various others.

I LOVE my iPad. (Whoops! Just hit #5 on the troll list).
  • Reply 39 of 166
    You misunderstand - maybe I was too cryptic. I was simply pointing out that according to the counter that poster had zero posts - a logical impossibility (well obviously a Huddler glitch). I was not attacking at all.
    My field of study is Magnetics. Almost everything starts at zero. I really have to admit that I'm missing the joke. One which I'm really starting to believe is focused on me...
  • Reply 40 of 166
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    My field of study is Magnetics. Almost everything starts at zero. I really have to admit that I'm missing the joke. One which I'm really starting to believe is focused on me...

To have any thread presence on a thread you have to create a post. That would mean incrementing your post count by one, which means it's impossible to have created one or more posts and still have a post count of zero since you start with zero when you sign up.