Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Comments

• Reply 161 of 464
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,153member
    allenbf wrote: »
    It's a beauty, but way more computer than I'll ever need.  Interesting they went with a cylinder shape, though. 
  • Reply 162 of 464
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

It wasn't full multitasking until iOS 7...  It's different now.  It sucked before.  Now it doesn't suck.

This is a logical fallacy.  

Just because it is "different" now (or even "better"), it doesn't actually follow that it "sucked" previously.  

• Reply 163 of 464
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziadjk View Post

It seems iOS 7 was tailored for the white iPhone.. Too much white in too many places..

In a somewaht different way I had a similar reaction, curious at least how it will look with my slate 5. though come September that might be moot anyway eh?

• Reply 164 of 464
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I wonder if there can be a more modern representation of "phone" than the handset of an old Bakelite phone.

Sure, an iPhone, since it has superseded all other metaphors for what a "phone" is in the modern world.

Of course, the problem there is one of recursion. Apple will have to make the Retina-Within-A-Retina-Within-A-Retina display to show the icon properly, since it will just be iPhones all the way down.

Originally Posted by Zeelos

Anyone have a developer account they would pay to let me use? Send me a message. THX

Come off it.

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

Well, it's nice to know we're not allowed to not like it.

At least you're up to speed, troll.

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

It's different now.  It sucked before.  Now it doesn't suck.

Nice to know that you just keep trolling. Also, the standard Seel O' Quabity:

Oh, and one more thing… the new UI function swipe from the left edge? SUCK IT, LARGE SCREENS. Apple specifically put this feature in the OS; they won't be making an iPhone you can't use with a single hand. BA HA HA HA HA!

• Reply 165 of 464
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

Couldn't agree more. The biggest problem before was the inconsistent UI. Ive alluded to that too.

As an aside, does Ive really exist? We only see him in videos and never on stage.

Yes, he was there.  Sat 2 seats away from the guy who invented the internet.  Gore. 

• Reply 166 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

You're allowed to not like it. But you've gone beyond that and have posted incorrect info, calling it a watered-down Windows Phone, when that's asinine as they look nothing alike.

To be clear, in my opinion the new interface is about as unimpressive to me as the Windows 8 interface. And also in my opinion, the design has been influenced by Windows 8 design. So as far as I'm concerned, it does look like a watered-down Windows Phone.

I'm seriously debating whether I'm going to bother upgrading, which is a first related to my Apple devices, and from what I've read, I'm not the only one who thinks so. Call me a troll all you want, but don't be surprised if Apple's popularity slips.

• Reply 167 of 464

This is a hit!

Android looks even cheaper now, and project butter is nothing compared to Apple already speeding up a fast OS.  

Also a lot of people still haven't gotten their head around the new changes yet and are being critical - like with the launch of iPad (Big iPod Touch/Feminine Product), iPod (Not a Nomad), MacBook AIR (Not a Cheap Netbook).  

I think that means iOS7 is going to be a success.  

• Reply 168 of 464
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tookieman2013 View Post

Love it, was a little nervous before it started. And seriously there is no windows 8 in this, where is that coming from?

Misery loves company.

• Reply 168 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is a logical fallacy.  

Just because it is "different" now (or even "better"), it doesn't actually follow that it "sucked" previously.  

There was no logical fallacy because I was stating my opinion of it before and after.

• Reply 170 of 464
    h00aojh00aoj Posts: 1member
    My God! iOS7 design/layout seems very bad!!! No!! >< This cant ve happening! Looks like the design was inspired by Android and especially Windows phone. That is NOT OK Apple *cries*.
  • Reply 171 of 464

Originally Posted by h00aoj

My God! iOS7 design/layout seems very bad!!! No!! >< This cant ve happening! Looks like the design was inspired by Android and especially Windows phone. That is NOT OK Apple *cries*.

lol. That's all you deserve.

• Reply 171 of 464
    techguy911techguy911 Posts: 269member

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacerays View Post

Enough, Tallest, enough. You think you are just a smartass who can yes-man anything Apple does and no one else can say otherwise! Very unbiased for an admin!

Is that so? How much can you say about anything on design then, while representing the "mainstream public"?! This is the mainstream public speaking up. The average guy who buys most of the iPhones and iPads for their simple, easy to use, beautiful UI. Unlike the self-defined 'critics', 'fans', 'experts' and other crappers out here. Respect the various opinions out there. To agree or not is a different matter.

No one needs a paper degree or portfolio to prove a sense of design. Any human being can.

Lol, racist. Cant say more. The Koreans say hi. Not.

And who cares more about that value anymore than you can.

Yes I am pissed at the UI. It's far from complete, and never what should be done in the first place. Not the entire UI, but most of it.

Icons, like Google Chrome? Way worse, who needs a retina display for seeing such crapple baby colored crayonish icons.

That shaky home screen? Wow all that showoff from Android finally made it here. Pure fancy and utterly useless in the end. Now we can get motion sickness anywhere we want too.

That bright red and maddening blue font in those apps? I am cracking my knuckles to beat the crap out of the guy who even thought this is 'clean' design and made it.

I am enraged, at the whole self decimation these guys can go to. All because they lost a dictator who could tell that crap is crap and only allow the best to come out.

RIP, Steve Jobs, again. Miss you.

(P.S. I became an iOS developer this February, and was connecting the dots looking backwards to see how that first hackintosh I used helped chart my course, to get an iMac and finally contributed to what I am. Damn, it was an awesome inspiration when I look back.

And then I saw these pieces of shit. Future's F***ing Crazy.)

You just became an iPhone dev this February and you're looking back to the good old days of when you had your first hackintosh?  Please continue inspiring us.

• Reply 173 of 464
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    gatorguy wrote: »

Looks all space-age...confirms to me that Ive had a hand in the design of Apples new campus, too ;-)
  • Reply 174 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by h00aoj View Post

Yikes, don't get your unicorn sticker collection wet from all those tears. 

• Reply 175 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

At least you're up to speed, troll.

Keep using the troll excuse all you want, sweetie. Just don't be surprised when regular Apple users start voting with their feet.

• Reply 176 of 464

Originally Posted by spacerays View Post

Enough, Tallest, enough. You think you are just a smartass who can yes-man anything Apple does and no one else can say otherwise! Very unbiased for an admin!

lol. I dislike quite a bit of what they did today. I liked more than that, though.

Lol, racist. Cant say more. The Koreans say hi. Not.

Okay, so you don't have a flipping clue where Samsung comes from. That's now clear. 

…crapple…

Shut up and get off this website. Thanks for invalidating your "opinions".

• Reply 177 of 464
    nelsonxnelsonx Posts: 278member

As an official Apple hater and Android shill I have to say that I like the new design image But still no widgets. image

• Reply 178 of 464
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

iOS 7

As you move an iPhone in your hand, a new parallax feature will actually move the wallpaper in the background, allowing users to "see behind" the icons on their home screen.

Parallax-tschmarallax...

Is it just me, or the Clock app's icon becomes really-really-really capable of showing us the current local time by the 7th major release of the iOS?

Is this thrillingly innovative feature opened to little 3rd-party devs?

We'll see what all those translucencies look like on black iPhones...  

• Reply 179 of 464

Let me just say something for all those trolls out there. And I know there are many. Instead of wasting all this time complaining about  the new OS. Why don't you take some time out of your day and go design your own OS. Let me know how that works out. image

• Reply 180 of 464
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

Keep using the troll excuse all you want, sweetie. Just don't be surprised when regular Apple users start voting with their feet.

I think the over-use of the patronizing term 'sweetie' pretty much tips your hand.  It is almost by definition trolling to patronize in such a manner.