Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Comments

• Reply 221 of 464
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Just the coloring...ugh, that coloring. 

Whatever you do, don't tell Google this.

They've had a bad enough day as it is!

• Reply 222 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Yup.  Took you 22 posts, but everyone starts somewhere.

You don't seriously believe Apple is a social welfare institution, do you?

• Reply 223 of 464
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

You, the head acolyte, whoever. My question stands.

Obvious trolls can get banned. Others are just annoying.

I see you did not reply to my wager request, care to admit your mistake?

• Reply 224 of 464
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

You're allowed to not like it. But you've gone beyond that and have posted incorrect info, calling it a watered-down Windows Phone, when that's asinine as they look nothing alike.

I know you are having "fun" ripping this person to pieces for some reason, but this is just an asinine thing to say.  

Large parts of iOS 7 are very similar indeed to Windows Phone.  This is obvious.  

• Reply 225 of 464
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmusikantow View Post

Where is a preview app so that I can sync pdf's?

Isn't that called iBooks?

• Reply 226 of 464
    spaceraysspacerays Posts: 116member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

lol. I dislike quite a bit of what they did today. I liked more than that, though.

Okay, so you don't have a flipping clue where Samsung comes from. That's now clear. 

Shut up and get off this website. Thanks for invalidating your "opinions".

Ref. the Korea comment, tell me how that comment is even remotely related to Samsung or Korea in the 1st place. That's still not clear, is it? Any guy can give an opinion and it doesnt take Samsung or Koreans to do so. If you ever thought others are flipping mutes.

You have no say if I should 'get off' this website. No thanks for that try anyways.

• Reply 227 of 464

Quote:

Obvious trolls can get banned. Others are just annoying.

I see you did not reply to my wager request, care to admit your mistake?

Oh please. Like I would honor any agreement with the likes of you.

• Reply 228 of 464
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post

Wow. What a hideous UI. I'm still in a bit a shock from what I just witnessed.  I cannot believe Apple would even reveal an interface like this to the public. 

I suggest a cup of tea and a good lie down, as my Nan used to say.

• Reply 229 of 464
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    pendergast wrote: »
    I guess the Samsung/Google astroturfing crew is out in force today.

More likely they're just haters, but I get your point.

Well, it's nice to know we're not allowed to not like it.

You're allowed to not like it *here* as long as it's not filled with bile and pejoratives. But new users coming here and talking to us about "Crapple" "fanboys" and such don't need to be given a platform on an Apple fan site.
  • Reply 230 of 464
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Holy balz, stop replying to obvious trolling, plz!
  • Reply 231 of 464

Hmm... after looking at the design for a while it's starting to sink in. It's not especially striking or that big a change in the way you actually use your device, but it had to be made.

And on the positive side looking back at the original Windows Phone demo () - it does look bad now. Windows Phone 8 is a big refinement over that video in practice, loving that thing!

• Reply 232 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

More likely they're just haters, but I get your point.

You're allowed to not like it as long as it's not filled with bile and pejoratives. But new users coming here and talking to us about "Crapple" "fanboys" and such don't need to be given a platform on an Apple fan site.

While I may not be a devotional fan, I am a regular user, a user who is concerned about the direction Apple is taking. If anything, I'm trying to sound a warning. There have been plenty of other big companies who have made big changes that flopped hard.

• Reply 233 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I know you are having "fun" ripping this person to pieces for some reason, but this is just an asinine thing to say.  

Large parts of iOS 7 are very similar indeed to Windows Phone.  This is obvious.  

I'm not having fun, I'm waiting to go to lunch and am miserably hungry/grumpy.

Also, I don't know how you could hold iOS 7 next to Windows Phone and say they look a like, other than bright colors and a lack of gloss.

WP generally uses a dark, black interface, where iOS 7 seems to default to a white, airy interface.

iOS 7 also has rounded corners, organic shapes, transparency, textures, layers, drop shadows... all things not usually synonymous with "flat". 

They also don't operate the same in the least. 

The BIG difference in iOS 7 vs older versions is the lack of gloss, new artwork, and a consistent minimalist UI that gets out of the way of the content, vs the old cluttered, often skeuomorphic design.

• Reply 234 of 464
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Holy balz, stop replying to obvious trolling, plz!

I only reply with my own trolling.  See?

Quote:

You don't seriously believe Apple is a social welfare institution, do you?

Yes.  I do.

OK- off to the gym.  Since you'll be banned by the time I get back, it was nice knowing you Woodstock.  Keep up the good fight little buddy!

• Reply 235 of 464

Quote:

Oh please. Like I would honor any agreement with the likes of you.

You still don't admit your mistake after gloating about it. 

My wager was in jest, FYI.

• Reply 236 of 464
    spaceraysspacerays Posts: 116member

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

Let me just say something for all those trolls out there. And I know there are many. Instead of wasting all this time complaining about  the new OS. Why don't you take some time out of your day and go design your own OS. Let me know how that works out. image

I will let you know. Email or any contact? Or maybe you will be here in this forum after some years?

• Reply 237 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I only reply with my own trolling.  See?

Yes.  I do.

Wow, you are a special flower. If Apple is a social welfare institution, it seems they're more concerned about bettering the lives of Chinese factory workers who receive a pittance while charging Americans hundreds of dollars to better their lives.

Or on the other hand, Apple is instead a business built upon making profit from popular devices while cutting their labor costs by contracting with Chinese companies . . .

• Reply 238 of 464

Quote:

I'm not having fun, I'm waiting to go to lunch and am miserably hungry/grumpy.

So that's why you've been so easy to provoke.

• Reply 239 of 464
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member

Quote:

Wow, you are a special flower. If Apple is a social welfare institution, it seems they're more concerned about bettering the lives of Chinese factory workers who receive a pittance while charging Americans hundreds of dollars to better their lives.

Or on the other hand, Apple is instead a business built upon making profit from popular devices while cutting their labor costs by contracting with Chinese companies . . .

I guess you missed the point about the new MacPro being assembled in the US, eh?

Nobody here contests that Apple is a business and is intended to make money and drive shareholder value.  The difference between Apple and most other companies is that Apple has a corporate culture and vision that is tied to, and revolves around, producing products that are genuinely good and different, and that positively impact people's lives.  That's where the concept of Apple as a 'social welfare institution' comes from.  Although I don't think the name fits entirely, I do understand the concepts behind it.

• Reply 240 of 464
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

So that's why you've been so easy to provoke.

Not as easy as you, sweetie.

Quote:

Wow, you are a special flower.