Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with vibrant, more colorful design

Comments

• Reply 201 of 464
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodstockAEB View Post

Ohhhhh, I didn't realize posts on an open forum were private and I shouldn't respond. Got it.

But tell me, where does Samsung come from, if the original poster was wrong referencing Koreans?

You're lost and didn't read the original post, where TS made a reference to Koreans (i.e. Samsung), and the other poster called him a "racist", which begged the question of if that person knew where Samsung was located.

Obviously TS knows where Samsung is located.

• Reply 202 of 464

I liked all the announcements, the back-end stuff, the consistent design, the control center... it was all gorgeous. The new icons will take some getting used to, 6 years with an OS will do that to you.

However one thing I wish they did was live updating icons. Yes Windows does it, and no I don't know how to incorporate it with the new design scheme but it would have been nice. Lots of things you can do with that.

• Reply 203 of 464
    shadowxprshadowxpr Posts: 162member
    iOS having game controller support is huge for a Next gen hardware Apple TV puck. This can make them compete with consoles, KOTOR on ipad shows the power iPad 4th gen. It could play a game twice as complex as that.

A A7X Apple TV will blow away Ouya, etc.. And be on par with Xbox 360 on power(A6X 77gflops vs Xbox 360 115gflops). Off course Xbox One and PS4 are in the 1.2-2teraflops but IMHO a Apple TV with Xbox 360 performance and controller can be the 3rd console in the market beating Wii U and the android iterations. Plus Xbox One & PS4 won't upgrade the hardware in 8-10 years mobile chips will catch up in this than that IMHO.
  • Reply 204 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Considering the majority of posters have appeared suddenly and registered today? Yeah, that makes me think they're just regular 'ol Apple users.

And your complaints have been about the visual appearance, like the colors or "flatness", which has nothing to do with functionality. Especially considering they added a bunch of functionality without removing any, your last sentence makes little sense.

You can say it's better all you want, but don't think it is. And to that end, I'm now doubting I will upgrade, and this change will also influence my next phone purchase. You may think "good riddance," but the Apple bean counters will miss my money.

• Reply 205 of 464
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Is it just me, or the Clock app's icon becomes really-really-really capable of showing us the current local time by the 7th major release of the iOS?

Very nice catch.  That'd be pretty cool.

• Reply 206 of 464
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member

I really wonder how all this white impacts battery life?!

• Reply 207 of 464

Quote:

You may think "good riddance," but the Apple bean counters will miss my money.

No they won't.  Good riddance.

Does this mean you'll leave now?

• Reply 208 of 464

Quote:

You're lost and didn't read the original post, where TS made a reference to Koreans (i.e. Samsung), and the other poster called him a "racist", which begged the question of if that person knew where Samsung was located.

Obviously TS knows where Samsung is located.

Based on what I've read, I doubt that.

• Reply 209 of 464
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

If Apple would just allow user settable themes, they could make everyone happy.   And no doubt themes would become one of the most popular and lucrative App Store sections.

A multitasking, theme changing widget on the home screen to change the font to comic sans and an App store full of the junk "Play" is full of, crap sold for 99c which fills the notification bar with ads for more 99c crap.

No thanks.

I'll stick to changeable dead wallpapers.

• Reply 210 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I've read several long-time posters who have complained about certain aspects.  Gazobee being one of them.  Do a quick review- check who made an account today- and count how many are positive and how many are negative.  Hint: none are positive.  Hence- 95-98% of the accounts made today are trolls.  And you absolutely fit in that percentage.

This.

This is the difference. It's ok to have a contrary opinion, it's not ok to create an account just to say how "horrible" everything is and fill your posts with hyperbole. The only purpose it to rile people up, thus the troll label is apt.

• Reply 211 of 464

Quote:

No they won't.  Good riddance.

Does this mean you'll leave now?

Yeah, you're right. Apple doesn't care about profits at all.

• Reply 212 of 464

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacApfel View Post

I really wonder how all this white impacts battery life?!

It's not OLED, so why would it?

• Reply 213 of 464

Quote:

This.

This is the difference. It's ok to have a contrary opinion, it's not ok to create an account just to say how "horrible" everything is and fill your posts with hyperbole. The only purpose it to rile people up, thus the troll label is apt.

Well then, why aren't you banning all the so-called trolls?

• Reply 214 of 464

Quote:

Yeah, you're right. Apple doesn't care about profits at all.

They don't.  They care about making quality products that improves people's lives.  Didn't you watch the Keynote?

• Reply 215 of 464

Quote:

Based on what I've read, I doubt that.

You've read wrong then.

You honestly think that Tallest Skill does not know where Samsung is from? Honestly?

Can we make a wager where if you lose, you leave?

• Reply 216 of 464

Quote:

Well then, why aren't you banning all the so-called trolls?

Am I a moderator? Do you know how forums work?

• Reply 217 of 464
    booboobooboo Posts: 49member

I've looked at the high-res screen shots of iOS7 on apple.com, and I like it. Somehow they managed to preserve the UI metaphors, so things will seem familiar, but recast them in a fresh, modern style. Nice.

The typefaces look almost too thin in the screenshots, but I'm thinking that they should look good on the high-res retina display on the actual device.

I was getting tired of the skeuomorphic style used heavily throughout the UI. This is simpler and cleaner, but without making a radical break from the past.

Can't wait to get it.

• Reply 218 of 464

Quote:

Am I a moderator? Do you know how forums work?

You, the head acolyte, whoever. My question stands.

• Reply 219 of 464

Quote:

They don't.  They care about making quality products that improves people's lives.  Didn't you watch the Keynote?

Ohhhhhh, so Apple's not a business, it's a social program. Got it.

• Reply 220 of 464

Quote:

Ohhhhhh, so Apple's not a business, it's a social program. Got it.

Yup.  Took you 22 posts, but everyone starts somewhere.