Director Michael Bay's onstage meltdown steals the show at Samsung CES press event

12357

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 137
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post



    My favourite South Park scene…

     

    CES is not the first time that Michael Bay's preparation leaves something to be desired.

     

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148950/Transformers-3-Gabriella-Cedillo-receives-18m-head-injuries-stunt.html

  • Reply 82 of 137
    INTERESTING HOW SAMSUNG REPORTS FALLS SHORT AND DISAPPOINT AND AAPL SHARES DROP
  • Reply 82 of 137
    INTERESTING HOW SAMSUNG REPORTS FALLS SHORT AND DISAPPOINT AND AAPL SHARES DROP
  • Reply 84 of 137
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Oh god no. LG has the worst, most gimmicky TV OS. It's virtually incompatible with universal remotes like the Logitech Harmony, because functions are accessed using an on screen mouse cursor instead of IR codes.

    Will you say that's a bad thing if Apple does the same thing? Saying that it's bad because other remotes don't work with it is not an argument. Who cares for universal remotes?

    sog35 wrote: »
    BS.  Its Samsungs fault for paying someone money to pitch a product and that said person has no idea what the product does.  If Mr Bay even spent 5 minutes using the TV he would be able to come up with at least a sentence or two of praise. 

    Bottom line is Samsung thinks throwing money around with celebrity endorsers will lead to sales.  Even though those endorsers have ZERO interest in Samsung products.
    Just like with so many celebrities called to 'talk' about a product. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but Samsung is far from being the only company doing this.
  • Reply 85 of 137
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    binkwilder wrote: »
    INTERESTING HOW SAMSUNG REPORTS FALLS SHORT AND DISAPPOINT AND AAPL SHARES DROP
    It's because the only way Samsung could possibly underachieve is if Apple reduced their orders for Samsung parts, which is very likely to happen because Apple is doomed.
  • Reply 86 of 137
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    kibitzer wrote: »
    CES is not the first time that Michael Bay's preparation leaves something to be desired.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148950/Transformers-3-Gabriella-Cedillo-receives-18m-head-injuries-stunt.html

    Interesting. I wonder how Gabriella Cedillo is doing today since they don't mention the severity of the brain damage.

    Also, the video was pulled from that link but I found it on YouTube. I can't see what happens but you can definitely see a damaged car on the side of the road toward the end of the video.

  • Reply 87 of 137
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

    I've been to 57 states, with one more to go I think, and rarely have I seen such an embarrassing teleprompter fail. 

     

    Michael Bay should run for public office, he has the necessary skills required.

  • Reply 88 of 137
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I've been to 57 states, with one more to go I think, and rarely have I seen such an embarrassing teleprompter fail. 

    Michael Bay should run for public office, he has the necessary skills required.

    Please oh please name those 57 states.
  • Reply 89 of 137
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by HyteProsector View Post



    I think the word meltdown is a little strong.

     

    Especially since he apologized multiple times.

  • Reply 90 of 137
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    macxpress wrote: »
    I wonder how many people even know who this guy is? Maybe 4 out of 10 people?

    Depends on your audience. For CES, I bet a lot more than 75% know who he is because he's responsible for destroying Transformers.
  • Reply 91 of 137
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

    Please oh please name those 57 states.

     

    Existing 50 plus Puerto Rico (which will become a state July 4 this year or Congress will need to be sued), Cuba, Sonora (present day Sonora and both Baja Californias), Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon (present day Nuevo Leon and Coahuila), Tamaulipas, and Columbia (present day British Columbia).

  • Reply 92 of 137

    I would like to share a simple trick for those who have ever complained that an article didn't seem relevant to them. Read the headline and look for key words that interest you ... if there aren't any, then don't read the article. Problem solved!

     

    Now if only the repetitive "this article wasn't relevant to me" comments could be so easily skipped over...

  • Reply 93 of 137
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,782member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post





    Depends on your audience. For CES, I bet a lot more than 75% know who he is because he's responsible for destroying Transformers.

     

    I meant consumers, not media outlets. 

  • Reply 94 of 137
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post





    Please oh please name those 57 states.

     

    I didn't think that I'd actually need to explain, but I was actually channeling another famous public speaker who is known for numerous gaffes, teleprompter fails and somebody who is also susceptible to saying stupid crap.

     

    By the way, I see in your sig that it says, RIP jragosta. I haven't been around here that much lately, but he's dead?

  • Reply 95 of 137
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    macxpress wrote: »
    I meant consumers, not media outlets. 

    Well aren't there non-media consumers at CES?
  • Reply 96 of 137
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post





    Interesting. I wonder how Gabriella Cedillo is doing today since they don't mention the severity of the brain damage.



    Also, the video was pulled from that link but I found it on YouTube. I can't see what happens but you can definitely see a damaged car on the side of the road toward the end of the video.

     



    We probably won't hear much more about her unless some Chicago newspaper or broadcaster does a follow-up. See this link (which may or may not play outside the U.S.):

     

    http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/185-M-Settlement-for-Injured-Transformers-Extra-153129535.html

     

    It's been almost four years since the accident and more than 18 months since the settlement. At least she received inpatient rehab care at one of the leading sites in the country, the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC). But she would not be a resident there forever, so by now she may well be at home or in an assisted living setting where she can receive around-the-clock care and continuing rehab. The settlement was by no means extravagant with today's costs, because between the lines you can conclude that she will not regain 100% functionality and in all likelihood will need significant  and costly assistance for the rest of her life. When I think of Gabriella Cedillo, I think of a similar first name, Gabrielle Giffords, and the long-term impact of the traumatic brain injury that she sustained.

  • Reply 97 of 137
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

    By the way, I see in your sig that it says, RIP jragosta. I haven't been around here that much lately, but he's dead?


     

    Yes, Solipsism informed us of such. I don’t believe we know the cause of death, but he posted up to the day before, so it may have been sudden.

  • Reply 98 of 137
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Existing 50 plus Puerto Rico (which will become a state July 4 this year or Congress will need to be sued), Cuba, Sonora (present day Sonora and both Baja Californias), Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon (present day Nuevo Leon and Coahuila), Tamaulipas, and Columbia (present day British Columbia).

    Nice work but I think his extra 7 might have just might have been drug induced. :lol:
  • Reply 99 of 137
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I didn't think that I'd actually need to explain, but I was actually channeling another famous public speaker who is known for numerous gaffes, teleprompter fails and somebody who is also susceptible to saying stupid crap.

    By the way, I see in your sig that it says, RIP jragosta. I haven't been around here that much lately, but he's dead?

    I figured there was a story behind it or at the very least a typo, but I couldn't help myself.

    Unfortunately and sadly jragosta is no longer with us. I believe Tallest Skil posted the link to his obit.
  • Reply 100 of 137
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    Yes, Solipsism informed us of such. I don’t believe we know the cause of death, but he posted up to the day before, so it may have been sudden.


     

    Oh, ok. Wow. I didn't really know the guy, but I do remember him well from his postings here. 

     

    All I can say is RIP.

Sign In or Register to comment.