Project "Glove" and "Lucida" in July

Comments

• Reply 261 of 389
    eupfhoriaeupfhoria Posts: 257member
    [quote]Originally posted by allenmcjones:

<strong>It's done.

Oh, one more thing, "Glove" licensing might happen sooner than the July show because of this thread. First a trial ballon with the education market (to see what happens with a Microsoft reaction), then most likely complete glove licensing for EVERYONE when "Jagwire" ships.

-Allen</strong><hr></blockquote>

anyone else curious why he called it "Jagwire" rather than "Jaguar"?
  • Reply 262 of 389
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]<strong><a href="ftp://noahj.homeunix.com/Pictures/icam.jpg"; target="_blank">lucida</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Lucida looks nice. Red hair and freckles. Do you have better shot of her?

BTW: What is that oversize Lego truck tire she is holding? Some kind of CyperPurse?
  • Reply 263 of 389
    apple.otakuapple.otaku Posts: 590member
    If that's the camera then we are going to get crappy pictures. Look at how small the lense is. It would only be good enough for use as a webcam. Let's hope its a fake or a product from another company. I think that is the case or at least I hope so.
  • Reply 264 of 389
    Here's my own insane composition for a waterproof combo video/still camera

• Reply 265 of 389
    And perfect for breaking young american soccer players knee caps.
  • Reply 266 of 389
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Interesting!

Nice lips.
  • Reply 266 of 389
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>If that's the camera then we are going to get crappy pictures. Look at how small the lense is. It would only be good enough for use as a webcam.</strong><hr></blockquote>

As a matter of fact I think the picture was taken with its duplicate.
  • Reply 268 of 389
    Now all we need is some exclusive video on spymac and the world will be complete
  • Reply 269 of 389
    mrsparklemrsparkle Posts: 120member
    Boy I hope that shot wasn't taken with "Lucida."
  • Reply 270 of 389
    Is Lucida your girlfriend NoahJ?
  • Reply 271 of 389
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>And perfect for breaking young american soccer players knee caps.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Someone's got to keep fine 'merican youth from being corrupted by that furrin game
  • Reply 272 of 389
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    This seems like fun, but I can't access that ftp server... anyone care to repost "icam.jpg"?

:cool:
  • Reply 273 of 389
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
  • Reply 274 of 389
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: low-fi ]</p>
  • Reply 275 of 389
    Well, if this iCam, i wonder how long my iTools account will be alive for...
  • Reply 276 of 389
    scott f.scott f. Posts: 276member
    Please pardon my skeptecism... and yes, I'm prepared to eat crow if I'm wrong... but that unit does NOT look Apple-esque by ANY means to MY eyes.

The way the edges terminate... the overall design... it just seems too "Apple-Wannabee" to me. Just like when Compaq started making candy-colored computers... sure, there were transluscent plastics in candy colors, but the actual DESIGN and implementation was cheesy... as is this little white & gray hockey puck.

I really hope that it's NOT an Apple product... I will have lost my admiration for Ive's design innovation if this truly IS their work.

My belief is that this is NOT an upcoming Apple product, but rather some sort of prototype or product from another company or someone's home-made experiment... or something of that nature.

Only time will tell.
  • Reply 277 of 389
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, the main reason i feel this may be legit is that it looks like no other camera i have seen on the market so far. i mean, the panasonic new SVAV10 mini-video camera is incredibly small, but it does still look like a VERY SMALL version of everything else out there...

anyway, anyone want to go delving into the u.s. patents recently to see if johnny ive or apple have registered anything resembling this?

plus, it'll probably be priced just out of my price range, as everything apple does these days. $499?

but i thought steve's big thing these days is silver for professional stuff, all-white and chrome details for consumer devices. are those "graphite" colored plastic details on it? that's just soooo 2000.

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: rok ]

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 278 of 389
    [quote]Originally posted by rok:

<strong>but i thought steve's big thing these days is silver for professional stuff, all-white and chrome details for consumer devices. are those "graphite" colored plastic details on it? that's just soooo 2000. </strong><hr></blockquote>

That's my point... it seems too "knock-off" for me...

"Hey, let's jump on Apple's color scheme again to make our products more acceptable to the Mac community..."

Just like almost EVERYTHING at a WalMart or Target store back a few years ago were transluscent and candy-colored... pencil holders, calculators, speakers, tissue box cozies... etc. I just think it looks like someone trying too hard to look like what Apple currently IS... not what they WILL be.

Every new product seemed to be a departure or advance of a current styling... the iMac, the COLORED iMacs, the G3, the G4, the iPod, the NEW iMac... they were all what we did NOT expect... this camera thingy looks like what you WOULD expect... hence my disbelief.

Again... I'm fully prepared to be wrong on this one, but I have strong doubts.

- Scott
  • Reply 279 of 389
    The other thing to consider is that this could be an early prototype, not the final shipping thing by any means...
  • Reply 280 of 389
    [quote]Originally posted by low-fi:

<strong>The other thing to consider is that this could be an early prototype, not the final shipping thing by any means...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Definately considered it... hence the "Ready to eat crow" statement... but to be honest...? That looks like a "Staged" shot to me... not a "Spy" photo... Apple would NOT be taking photos like this of early prototypes or something about to ship. They would have MUCH more professional shots done in the current "Mac" styling of marketing.

Sure... it could also be "Intentionally" mocked-up dissimilar to an actual shipping product for misdirection... similar to how car makers put on faux body panels to new car models when they're out for testing on their test tracks to prevent spy photos from leaking the new designs... but again... something just tells me that this image is NOT of an Apple product.

I have my fork, knife and ketchup... ready for my crow dinner... let's hope it never comes.

- Scott