Jony Ive reportedly says 'iWatch' will be trouble for Switzerland

Comments

• Reply 101 of 243
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Cool it, [@]Apple ][[/@]. that's definitely an ad hominem.
  • Reply 102 of 243
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Cool it, @Apple ][. that's definitely an ad hominem.

Here's another one.

You are being a hypocritical moron.

Look at all of the damn posts in this thread that have been ad hominem attacks against me, from the very first page!

And for you to even dare to call out my post now, when there are numerous posts on the preceding pages that are nothing but ad hominem attacks tells me not to take your post seriously at all. I find it to be comical.

• Reply 103 of 243
    Quote:

Aussie fight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

We don't fight here in Australia,

We just don't throw shrimps on each other's BBQ's for a while.

Yep, agree. We certainly aren't fighting. I have no issue with different opinions, & try pretty damn hard to show some courtesy & respect to everyone...until they show through actions or words that they don't deserve it. The world would be a much better place if they would just throw a lot more shrimps on each other's BBQs.

• Reply 104 of 243
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    flaneur wrote: »
    One of the best features about this forum is in seeing verbal jousters like Slurpy give some deserving yahoo a tongue lashing. If you have the usual suspect on ignore, you miss the reason for the exchange. Ignoring has always seemed like a cop-out to me, but i'd stress that "to me," because others have no interest in the brawls here.

Usually I stay away from the obvious political topics, because I know that ][ is going to be bellowing like a stuck pig, and it's the equivalent of watching TV wrestling. Very high sweaty male "ick" factor, but I would never tell somebody to use the ignore feature.

I don't know if I agree about tongue-lashings being the best feature of a community supposedly dedicated to Apple news but I understand what you mean.

However, don't you think it's also a bit of a cop-out to attempt to silence those who present you with opposing or different opinions?

Use of the the ignore feature is, of course, up to the individual but, if you're upset by content easily (and let's face it, they're words on a page) then maybe it's something worth considering.

The problem with telling people to shut up about a topic that you disagree on (or find disagreeable) is that we all have such a wide range of opinions on a wide range of topics that, if this becomes the norm, all we're ever going to be doing is slagging each other off all day every day.

I believe a growing lack of tolerance by people to be a major contributor to a lot of the bad shit that is happening in the world today and I don't think it's a good thing to encourage.
  • Reply 105 of 243
    gtr wrote: »
    The problem with telling people to shut up about a topic that you disagree on (or find disagreeable) is that we all have such a wide range of opinions on a wide range of topics that, if this becomes the norm, all we're ever going to be doing is slagging each other off all day every day.

I believe a growing lack of tolerance by people to be a major contributor to a lot of the bad shit that is happening in the world today and I don't think it's a good thing to encourage.

QFT
  • Reply 106 of 243
    aussienorm wrote: »
    We certainly aren't fighting.

Fine. Cripple fight! :p

…all we're ever going to be doing is slagging each other off all day every day...

In less than a week this forum will become intolerable with the number of trolls signing up after a major Apple event.
  • Reply 107 of 243
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Here's another one.

Look at all of the damn posts in this thread that have been ad hominem attacks against me, from the very first page!

And for you to even dare to call out my post now, when there are numerous posts on the preceding pages that are nothing but ad hominem attacks tells me not to take your post seriously at all. I find it to be comical.

You attacked an entire nation of people, embarrassing us all.

"Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me."

You deserve to be attacked and humiliated many times over.
  • Reply 108 of 243
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

Fine. Cripple fight! image

For fvck's sake, we're in Australia.

Get it right!

;)

• Reply 109 of 243
    solipsismx wrote: »
    In less than a week this forum will become intolerable with the number of trolls signing up after a major Apple event.

True, though I think it has already started. No need to insert names here...

For fvck's sake, we're in Australia.

In which case I wonder how that iWatch is going to work out for you. Then again, you guys are ahead of time.
  • Reply 110 of 243
    Here's another one.

1) It's not hypocritical if I didn't see them. I only saw yours because it was blatant. I don't even know how this all got started.

2) You're upset with me for trying to help you not get an infraction or banned? That makes perfect sense¡
  • Reply 111 of 243
    Nice to see some really positive contribuions on this thread. Are we discussing racist bigotry or Ives alleged leak about the iwatch?
  • Reply 112 of 243
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

You attacked an entire nation of people, embarrassing us all.

"Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me."

You deserve to be attacked and humiliated many times over.

You can quit with the "us all" baloney. There is no "us all", and you don't speak for anybody except for yourself, so don't pretend to speak for anybody else.

And it could be said that Jony Ive attacked Switzerland with his rumored statement. If what he says is true, then that's trouble for Switzerland. My statement is simply expanding upon what Ive said and adding my own thoughts.

Crush Switzerland means to hurt their watch industry economically.

If Apple is so good and noble, then surely they should cancel this iWatch, because it might hurt Switzerland, no?

Nope, screw Switzerland. This is business, and money is what counts. That's the goal. To sell as many iWatches as possible.

• Reply 113 of 243
    Quote:

1) It's not hypocritical if I didn't see them. I only saw yours because it was blatant. I don't even know how this all got started.

2) You're upset with me for trying to help you not get an infraction or banned? That makes perfect sense¡

1) Then you jumped into the middle of a situation that you didn't fully comprehend. I don't feel that there's anything wrong at all with my initial post, yet, I've been getting ad hominem attacked for many pages already.

2) If they want to ban me for making an ad hominem attack, after too many to count ad hominem attacks against me, then that's ok. I can't do anything about that I suppose. If I'm no longer here, then so be it.

• Reply 114 of 243
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Well, the iPhone was trouble for Finland, maybe Switzerland is next?

Only joking. Yes, a beautiful wearable computer would be the beginning of the end of traditional wristwatches, but I'm sure Switzerland has a much more diverse economy than just that.

• Reply 115 of 243
    I don't know if I agree about tongue-lashings being the best feature of a community supposedly dedicated to Apple news but I understand what you mean.

However, don't you think it's also a bit of a cop-out to attempt to silence those who present you with opposing or different opinions?

Use of the the ignore feature is, of course, up to the individual but, if you're upset by content easily (and let's face it, they're words on a page) then maybe it's something worth considering.

Here's what he originally wrote, in response to no one at all, his first post in this thread:

We're not talking about "a different opinion," see? We're talking about someone who has a compulsion to start something by insulting another class or nationality, repeatedly, in thread after thread, for no other reason than to play the ugly American yahoo. We got readers in Switzerland. I think if he was saying something that stupid about Australia, you might not mind seeing him get a smack or two back. But he wouldn't dare go off on Australians, because his dim feelers have detected some quick wits from there who post here.
  • Reply 116 of 243
    If I'm no longer here, then so be it.

I think everyone who has ever got to know your mindset will say this after you have passed away.
  • Reply 117 of 243
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Woah! This is big!

Does Ive ever comment on anything, especially on something that is not released yet?

If Jony Ive is saying something to the effect that the entire country of Switzerland is in trouble, then this sounds freaking awesome! The iWatch will be huge!

Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me.

I'm sure the Patek Philippe's, Breitlings, Jaeger le Coultres ed all are peeing in their pants.

Any of these iWatches is analog? Precision mechanic? Handcrafted? 

• Reply 118 of 243
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I think everyone who has ever got to know your mindset will say this after you have passed away.

And if you happened to drop dead tomorrow, I obviously wouldn't care either, but what's your point?

• Reply 119 of 243
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

I'm sure the Patek Philippe's, Breitlings, Jaeger le Coultres ed all are peeing in their pants.

Any of these iWatches is analog? Precision mechanic? Handcrafted? 

I don't know why Jony Ive supposedly made the rumored statement that he did, and what exactly he meant by it. I guess that we will all find out soon enough.

• Reply 120 of 243

And it could be said that Jony Ive attacked Switzerland with his rumored statement. If what he says is true, then that's trouble for Switzerland. My statement is simply expanding upon what Ive said and adding my own thoughts.

Pretty fast on your feet there, champ. Mind you don't slip in your own puddle of sweat.

No, it could not be said that Jony Ive attacked Switzerland, because his statement was rumored, and it's most likely a joke if he said it.

You didn't mean the watch industry, because that has nothing to do with "Swiss neutrality." But even if you did mean the watch industry, you would be hoping for the crushing of one of the finest arts ever produced by machine makers. Only the lowest sort of boorish oaf would wish for such a thing. Surely you didn't mean that, did you?