Teens 'tepid' on Apple Watch as iPhone and iPad steal Android marketshare

191011121315»

Comments

• Reply 281 of 284
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Seriously, if you enjoy using it, and you find it useful, that's really all that matters. The problems come when you're ready to get another phone. Blackberry may not be making phones then. That's something that even Chen has acknowledged. What will you do then?

I take the Passport as kind of a one off phone anyway and as I use multiple platforms I will always be able to find something I like in one of them. I'm hoping that Apple will eventually give me the few features that I believe are still missing. I know most here think that iOS gives them everything they want and believe me I was seriously looking at the iPhone 6. It wasn't until I was playing around with a DJ app on my iPad that stopped those plans. I created a Beatles megamix of sorts to listen too through out the day, when I pushed play and went to go use another app, it stopped playing. Things like this aggravate me to no end. I understand Apple is trying to save battery life but they could also implement some sort of limit for running apps in the background, maybe a maximum of 5, they could even have a switch that turns this feature off to save battery.. This might also even be the reason why Apple still only uses 1GB in their mobile line, there's only ever one app running and maybe those few that Apple does allow to run in the background mostly theirs like iTunes. I'm sure you have a solution for my little DJ program but I really want to be allowed to run all of my music creation apps in the background.

I didn't mean to go off like that I just wanted you to know why I don't use an iPhone. Things like not being able to choose my own default apps like the browser, built in file manager, limited communication between apps, custom quick settings toggles, etc. are a nuisance but I could I live it without them, no it's the limited multitasking capabilities that stop me from pulling the trigger. 

• Reply 282 of 284
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,578member
    relic wrote: »
    I take the Passport as kind of a one off phone anyway and as I use multiple platforms I will always be able to find something I like in one of them. I'm hoping that Apple will eventually give me the few features that I believe are still missing. I know most here think that iOS gives them everything they want and believe me I was seriously looking at the iPhone 6. It wasn't until I was playing around with a DJ app on my iPad that stopped those plans. I created a Beatles megamix of sorts to listen too through out the day, when I pushed play and went to go use another app, it stopped playing. Things like this aggravate me to no end. I understand Apple is trying to save battery life but they could also implement some sort of limit for running apps in the background, maybe a maximum of 5, they could even have a switch that turns this feature off to save battery.. This might also even be the reason why Apple still only uses 1GB in their mobile line, there's only ever one app running and maybe those few that Apple does allow to run in the background mostly theirs like iTunes. I'm sure you have a solution for my little DJ program but I really want to be allowed to run all of my music creation apps in the background.

I didn't mean to go off like that I just wanted you to know why I don't use an iPhone. Things like not being able to choose my own default apps like the browser, built in file manager, limited communication between apps, custom quick settings toggles, etc. are a nuisance but I could I live it without them, no it's the limited multitasking capabilities that stop me from pulling the trigger. 

Some of those limitations have been eliminated, and the way Apple has been going, I expect more to be eliminated. It's your business as to what you choose. But I really don't exoect BB to be here in two more years, and if they are, it will be as a small player in the MDM market, and possibly with a very small percent of message app users.

At some point, you'll need to figure other ways of doing things. Whether it's Apple, or something else doesn't matter.
  • Reply 283 of 284

How does the apple watch compare to fitbit charger HR?