Blueprint of Apple's "iPad Air Plus," details of iPad mini 4 reportedly outed in Japanese mag - Rumo

Comments

• Reply 41 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not really; it’s a different model. What’s the point of adding ‘Air’ if you’re not going to call the larger, better one ‘Pro’ when you’ve already established that convention?

May as well claim the MacBook Pro is going to be renamed MacBook Air Plus.

Then by that logic they should have called the 5.5" iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Pro.

• Reply 42 of 196
    True stereo. I miss having a speaker on each side like I had on my Surface 2.

As I hold this iPad in my hands tapping this message, I have true stereo. You mean in landscape mode.
  • Reply 43 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm sure that they've looked into it, but as I've stated a hundred times before, I think that certain people who are looking for Apple to make a Surface type device are deeply confused individuals.

people who were looking for Apple to make a 5.5" iPhone were also called deeply confused.  Well, we know who landed on the right side of that debate.

• Reply 44 of 196
    Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

Then by that logic they should have called the 5.5" iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Pro.

No, because there’s no Air in the name.

• Reply 45 of 196
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

I could never take that crit very seriously -- watching a movie on an iPad without headphones ? Who expects amazing sound? How will landscape stereo (portrait already has stereo) improvement such an experience?

Having stereo in landscape will improve the experience a whole lot.

It's not just about watching movies, but it's about playing games and basically doing anything that involves sound. Nobody is expecting amazing sound from any iPad speakers, that's not what it's about.

When you currently use an iPad in landscape, the sound is either coming from the left or the right, depending on the orientation.

Having landscape speakers means that the sound won't be lopsided, and you'll actually notice stereo sound, with certain sounds coming from the left and others from the right. 

It will improve anything having to do with sound when using the iPad in landscape.

• Reply 46 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

people who were looking for Apple to make a 5.5" iPhone were also called deeply confused.  Well, we know who landed on the right side of that debate.

I don't really see that as the same thing, since that's just a minor size difference.

Merging iOS and OS X or putting them both on one device is a far bigger fundamental change.

• Reply 47 of 196
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I'm wondering if the upcoming MacBook Air with Retina Display/12" screen/fanless will undercut sales of the iPad Air Plus. I, for one, would be much more interested in the former.
  • Reply 48 of 196
    I give up. If people want to think these idiotic names are real, or if Apple wants to use idiotic names as real names, so be it. It’s only a very important aspect of the product’s marketing, but whatever.

Just hoping for 4096x3072.
    I dislike the names as well, hoping that we will see it just IPad 7.9/9.7/12.2 like Mac computers are.
    ascii wrote: »
    The A9 so quickly?
    It's been done, and it seems the A8X will be similar to it, just make it quad core and that's it.
    croc wrote: »
    Huge iPad? Why not!
    True
    Yeah ... I'm thinking the A9 is targeted at the iPad Pro -- More RAM, CPU Cores, Better GPU and I/O interfaces -- making a true post-pc device.

The iPhone 7's could use the A8X.
    Name a time an iPhone was not released with the latest IOS proccesor, why would this be different?
    canukstorm wrote: »
    If all it is, is an iPad Air with a bigger screen then the calling it iPad Air Plus makes perfect sense.  Kind of like the iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone 6
    Sure but it's weird with IPad mini 3/4 air 1/2 and air+ on product line.
    Cue the usual suspects:
    1. This needs to run full Mac OS X and side by side apps
    2. This needs to have a pen
    3. IGZO will save us all
    4. Just wait until Broadwell or Skylake!
    5. But but but Android tablets!
    1.good concept
    2.always been stupid
    3.so
    4.never will happen
    5.never gets old
    rogifan wrote: »
    If this report is true anyone who bought an iPad mini 3 was a sucker. And margins must not be so horrible if the mini gets updated with A8X within 6 months.
    Surely the mini upgrade was planned, just as the 3rd-4th generation iPad was, 3rd one had outdated hardware and then the new iPad mini released with it upgraded to current hardware.
    apple ][ wrote: »

(1) Hell no. If they do, then Apple will definitely lose at least one sale, me!
    (2) I don't really give a crap about any pens. 
    (3) Don't really care. Current iPad Air 2 display looks pretty damn good.
    (4) Laptop chips (with fans?) ? Not in my iPad thank you. 
    (5) Do I look like a cheap bum?
    You realize it's a joke?
    Yay! Stereo sound, if you'll pardon the pun, sounds awesome!
    ipad mini always had stero sound, and IPad Air and later had it as well.

Apparently there is a plan for an upgrade cycle to devices next year as apple watch is released. As Apple TV is 1 year behind, and doubtfully an iPod upgrade to A8 and 5.5 inch screen can come with the new iPad mini/IPad 12 inch.
  • Reply 49 of 196
    Originally Posted by BlueFire1 View Post

I'm wondering if the upcoming MacBook Air with Retina Display/12" screen/fanless will undercut sales of the iPad Air Plus. I, for one, would be much more interested in the former.

I’m wondering when you’ll realize that rumors regarding the former actually apply to the latter.

• Reply 50 of 196
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

You realize it's a joke?

Of course I do. I know that Suddenly Newton is not a Fandroid troll, and I know that he was merely speaking on their behalf. There are actual, real, living, breathing people who do believe in and say those things.

• Reply 51 of 196
    "Its worth noting that Mac Fan, the source of the latest information, previously reported some accurate details by randomly guessing at everything."
  • Reply 52 of 196
    Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

As Apple TV is 1 year behind, and doubtfully an iPod upgrade to A8 and 5.5 inch screen can come with the new iPad mini/IPad 12 inch.

I mean, they have to stop making A5s eventually. That’ll force a new Apple TV. Hopefully it will have either an A8 or A9 (PLEASE A9 APPLE TV), because either would mean H.265 (and iTunes content to match) and the latter would mean 4K video support. The first piece of throughput hardware other than a TV to bring 4K to people.

• Reply 53 of 196
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I’m wondering when you’ll realize that rumors regarding the former actually apply to the latter.

You know why both of these products have the word "Air" in their name, don't you?

What do you see when you stand and look at a product that doesn't exist?

That's right.

Air.

????
  • Reply 54 of 196

In later news, the device was 'delayed' due to supply issues...

• Reply 55 of 196
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    txsbaker wrote: »
    Make this with a Wacom digitizer & stylus, and I'll buy one.

There are a handful of great styli out there, Apple doesn't need to make one. I think this will definitely happen, and it will definitely be something I will really want, and I definitely will not be able to afford it.
  • Reply 56 of 196
    I hope that's only a quick and dirty mockup because I'm not buying it with those huge bezels.
  • Reply 57 of 196
    cornchip wrote: »
    txsbaker wrote: »
    Make this with a Wacom digitizer & stylus, and I'll buy one.

There are a handful of great styli out there, Apple doesn't need to make one. I think this will definitely happen, and it will definitely be something I will really want, and I definitely will not be able to afford it.

Are you quite definite?
  • Reply 58 of 196
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

You know why both of these products have the word “Air" in their name, don't you? What do you see when you stand and look at a product that doesn’t exist? That’s right. Air.

We need to come up with some ‘reptilians control the queen of England’-level theories regarding Apple products.

• Reply 59 of 196
    Dudes, I would Buy one sight unseen, just to carry around to show photographs from a full frame camera. Don't worry though, I won't buy yours! I'll wait a couple months and then get one :-)

BTW I changed my Mind on the watch. Definitely going to get one!
  • Reply 60 of 196
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Are you quite definite?

Have you forgotten that nobody wants a stylus?