KGI: Apple likely to launch simple stylus to enhance upcoming 12.9-inch iPad user experience; advanc

Comments

• Reply 101 of 282
    brlawyer wrote: »

Let me be clear again, no matter how much folks wish to deny the obvious:

- the iPad mini is GOING TO BE discontinued after just a short stroll around the market;

- the iPhone 5C is GOING TO BE discontinued as well;

- the Apple Watch WILL FAIL;

- an iPad with a stylus is pathetic.

In case of doubt, go check the Macs IIvx and IIvi - they were also great successes. And no, this is no trolling - just a reality check from a guy who has converted more than 25 people to Macs over the last five years.

Bookmark this post so we can drag it out, folks.
    They DID increase under Jobs exactly because he knew how and when to come up with new market demands, bearing in mind the fundamental principle of Apple as a GROWTH stock; on the other hand, with Cook's first stupid decision to distribute dividends, what do we have? Just a new MS or IBM.

Okay, so by your logic growth curves can continue at an exponential rate forever. The entire world should be flooded with iPads. The oceans should be filled with iPads. We should ship the old ones to the moon to make space, because we just have to keep increasing sales indefinitely.

Tell me, are you secretly John C Dvorak?
  • Reply 102 of 282
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    What tablet had a UI specifically designed for a stylus? Deflect harder... You can do it.

Uh, Microsoft's tablet PC's? Which were what was considered a tablet before the iPad? It's really not hard
  • Reply 103 of 282
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I'm sure you feel so big, "proving" a dead man "wrong". :rolleyes:

You know, Gates said 640k of memory ought to be enough for anybody, so why does Windows use more than that today?

Why are you so adamant in proving him right? Was he not human, and prone to be mistaken?
  • Reply 104 of 282
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    Then let's look at the iPad quote yet again.
    What part of 'they blew it' is difficult for you to understand?

If you see a stylus THEY blew it, not WE blew it. The key difference is pre-iPad devices were designed (poorly) to require an stylus because they were using a resistive touchscreen and/or they were using an OS that was designed around a mouse pointer (i.e.: Windows XP tablet).
  • Reply 105 of 282
    Why are you so adamant in proving him right? Was he not human, and prone to be mistaken?

He's not here to state his current opinion. It's hardly fair to attack a dead man. Easy, yes, fair, no.
  • Reply 106 of 282
    solipsismy wrote: »
    If you see a stylus THEY blew it, not WE blew it. The key difference is pre-iPad devices were designed (poorly) to require an stylus because they were using a resistive touchscreen and/or they were using an OS that was designed around a mouse pointer (i.e.: Windows XP tablet).

We made it so that a stylus is unnecessary.
  • Reply 107 of 282
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

The Surface is and has always been DOA EXACTLY because people do not want to have a crossover device in their hands - so if Cook is unable to see the obvious again and relies on such a terribly wrong analysis to launch a "me-too" product to catch after ANOTHER failed device, then the so-called "iPad Pro" will be even worse in its reasons than the stylus itself.

An iPad with stylus would be for certain vertical markets. Like graphc designers. Or maybe education where students could use it for note taking.
  • Reply 108 of 282
    rogifan wrote: »
    Of course the 5c will be discontinued as its going to be replaced with the 6c or whatever Apple calls it. Just like the 4 got replaced by the 4s and the 4s by the 5 and the 5 by the 5s.

Sshhh, you're making too much sense. He's a lawyer you know.
  • Reply 109 of 282
    He's not here to state his current opinion. It's hardly fair to attack a dead man. Easy, yes, fair, no.

He's also not here to tell us what he meant which many of you take the liberty to state.
  • Reply 110 of 282
    rogifan wrote: »
    An iPad with stylus would be for certain vertical markets. Like graphc designers. Or maybe education where students could use it for note taking.

Education is the only place I've seen the Surface Pro 3, I see students using it in classes, though usually with the keyboard and not the pen.

Of course, I see Retina MBP's most of all, followed by MBA's.
  • Reply 111 of 282
    enzos wrote: »
    Guesswork! Reasonable guesses though. A pro tablet with a precise input device(s) sounds like a winner: this one is for work more than for play.

Reminds me of an old Army refrain ...

"This is my rifle, this is my gun ... this one's for fighting, this one's for fun ..."
  • Reply 112 of 282
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Bookmark this post so we can drag it out, folks.

Okay, so by your logic growth curves can continue at an exponential rate forever. The entire world should be flooded with iPads. The oceans should be filled with iPads. We should ship the old ones to the moon to make space, because we just have to keep increasing sales indefinitely.

Tell me, are you secretly John C Dvorak?

The points on the iPad mini and the 5C are ALREADY facts - just wait for the rest to happen as well.

As for my "logic", you really didn't get the point - with the acceptance of dividends, Cook automatically admitted that he did not share Jobs's capacity and genius to innovate AND create new market demands. When one looks at Apple's stock growth under Jobs, it's a FACT that value kept growing with invention and re-invention of market demands before customers even realized it. Now what do we have? Just a rehash of the same things and submission to what "analysts" think it's going to happen.

Dvorak was fun, but I am not him...would be nice to check where he writes nowadays, though.

• Reply 113 of 282
    Quote:

Uh, Microsoft's tablet PC's? Which were what was considered a tablet before the iPad? It's really not hard

Which UI was that again? Pray tell.

• Reply 114 of 282

The points on the iPad mini and the 5C are ALREADY facts - just wait for the rest to happen as well.

As for my "logic", you really didn't get the point - with the acceptance of dividends, Cook automatically admitted that he did not share Jobs's capacity and genius to innovate AND create new market demands. When one looks at Apple's stock growth under Jobs, it's a FACT that value kept growing with invention and re-invention of market demands before customers even realized it. Now what do we have? Just a rehash of the same things and submission to what "analysts" think it's going to happen.

Dvorak was fun, but I am not him...would be nice to check where he writes nowadays, though.

Old products get discontinued. News at 11.

The iPad mini is being cannabalized by the iPhones 6. That doesn't make it a failure. By your logic, the iPod is a failure because the iPhone cannabalized it.
  • Reply 115 of 282
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    I've used Wacom pens for decades. Nice option.
  • Reply 116 of 282
    Reminds me of an old Army refrain ...

"This is my rifle, this is my gun ... this one's for fighting, this one's for fun ..."

"This is my iPad, this is my iPhone..."
  • Reply 117 of 282

As did the Newton
  • Reply 118 of 282
    Old products get discontinued. News at 11.

The iPad mini is being cannabalized by the iPhones 6. That doesn't make it a failure. By your logic, the iPod is a failure because the iPhone cannabalized it.

Except the iPad mini isn't an 'old' product.
  • Reply 119 of 282
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

I'm sure you feel so big, "proving" a dead man "wrong". image

You know, Gates said 640k of memory ought to be enough for anybody, so why does Windows use more than that today?

How is this rumor still around?  Bill Gates has stated that he never said that and he has no reason to lie about it.

"I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time." - Bill Gates

"I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated again and again." - Bill Gates

• Reply 120 of 282
    "This is my iPad, this is my iPhone..."

Am I the only one who thinks of the song 'I'm a little teapot' when they read that?