Earlier MWSF keynote = more new hardware

Comments

• Reply 21 of 142
    [quote]Originally posted by JW Pepper:

<strong>

There are going to be an enormus number of people at the exhibition on the 7th who would not otherwise see the product if the keynote was held on the 8th.

It makes perfect sense to move the date and I would not read anything more into it than that.

Keep it logical.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why? Why would there be more people on the 7th when the show floor is not even open yet? How is the situation different from every other expo? Why would they move this one up and not any of the others? It doesn't make sense. Don't forget the keynote has been extended a full hour as well. This is going to be big.

Okay, If you want to be pessimistic just say these words three times:

"We will have to rethink the way cities are designed!"

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: apple_otaku ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 142
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Don't know mabee the next thread? New high end range?
  • Reply 23 of 142
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacJunkie:

<strong>Any news of a webcast...?!?

Gotta have a webcast...!</strong><hr></blockquote>

The webcast will be announced about a week ahead of the show.
  • Reply 24 of 142
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    The extra time is for increaed RDF exposure.
  • Reply 25 of 142
    [quote]Originally posted by Mike D:

<strong> Nothing exciting good, but c.est an improvement well sympathetic nerve if it is confirmed. </strong><hr></blockquote>

hah, I love babelfish.

If they got a slot loading combo drive to fit in the TiBook maybe we'll see one in the iMac too.

Maybe I can break this down:

30 minutes (new OS X apps (Pshop etc) and update)

15 minutes (new monitors 17/19/22)

15 minutes (iPod update or just progress/sales)

30 minutes (new iApps (iMovie 3 and iPicture, 15 minutes demoing each)

30 minutes (new Towers, bake off)

30 minutes, end of show (one more thing):

15 inch LCD iMac with 933mhz G4, DVD - $999

same as above with Combo drive - 1199

same as above with superdrive - 1499

Yeah ok, I'm dreaming....but I can and I WILL!!!

• Reply 26 of 142
    Dream:

Steve "We've had a great year."

shows iBook and powerbook sales numbers, updates the two products

Introduces the new G4 iMac:

Steve shows off the new G4 iMac by doing a photoshop fake-off with a P4 and impresses everyone.

Then he says "if you think that's fast, wait until you see this! Introducing the Power Mac G5!"

Proceeds to go over features and does various fake-offs, photoshop 7, DVD encoding, etc..

Talks about the digital hub strategy and possibly shows new device, which is a toothbrush that twists onto the toothpaste tube itself.. iBrush. Just squeeze and brush!

It was a dream after all!!
  • Reply 27 of 142
    From the email from Apple announcing the date change:

"This is the first time in the 18 year history of Macworld Conference & Expo that

the Keynote will take place the day before the exhibit floor opens, and Apple

and IDG World Expo promises it will be well worth attending."

this is going to be big, Big, BIG!!!
  • Reply 28 of 142
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    So this keynote is going to take place when the floor isn't even open? So no street traffic except for the keynote? And it's an hour longer?

Sounds like something's up indeed.
  • Reply 29 of 142
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    30 minutes: Discussing current lineup of hardware and digital iApps.

31st minute: "Rebirth of the cube"

1 hour: crowd laughing.

30 minutes: Steve weeps onstage and curls up into fetal position.

30 minutes: PowerPoint presentation goes on to reveal new products while Steve lies in a psychotic & comatose state on the floor.
  • Reply 30 of 142
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Be a man, groverat.

You want a Cube.

Just admit it.

You want one.
  • Reply 31 of 142
    Admit it. If they had pushed the keynote back you'd be coming to the same conclusions. (e.g. "The hardware is so new that it won't be ready for the 8th, that's why it's being moved to the ninth..")

I'm sure some people could conjure up favorable scenarios even if the keynote were cancelled altogether.

Point is, that we know no more or no less than before the keynote was moved. So keep your pants on.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Bozo the Clown ]</p>
  • Reply 32 of 142
    [quote]Originally posted by Infinite Void:

<strong>

January 7 will change our life. It will be remebered in history as the day that changed this whole f*cking world.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sadly, this designation is already held by Dec, 7 1941 and Sept. 11 2001.

Sorry for the downer, but we need a little more perspective.
  • Reply 33 of 142
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>The length is for an extended hypnotic "megahertz myth" presentation. Apple marketing has deduced that such prolonged exposure to the RDF will make it possible for Apple to drop the speed of the powermacs and se up that stock pile of 733 G4's without any untowards reaction from the public or the press. Gigawire is a special electrode used to lobotomize the more resistant consumers.</strong><hr></blockquote>

"The Pipes are getting looonger, getting loonger. You now enter the loong loong pipe and sloowly moving backward through it, loong back. You now see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel and moves slowly towards it while the time is going backwards. You are now at the end of the tunnel and its the year 2000 and Apple just released a 733 Mhz PM for only 2500. You now point the mouse at the Apple Store...."
  • Reply 34 of 142
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Maybe he meant changing the world for the better.
  • Reply 35 of 142
    [quote]Originally posted by Bozo the Clown:

<strong>Point is, that we know no more or no less than before the keynote was moved. So keep your pants on.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There always has to one party pooper. I will keep my pants off, thank you very much
  • Reply 36 of 142
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>30 minutes: Discussing current lineup of hardware and digital iApps.

31st minute: "Rebirth of the cube"

1 hour: crowd laughing.

30 minutes: Steve weeps onstage and curls up into fetal position.

30 minutes: PowerPoint presentation goes on to reveal new products while Steve lies in a psychotic & comatose state on the floor.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROTFL!!

Is Steve twitching at all during the last hour?
  • Reply 37 of 142
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Hope somebody doens't put anthrax in Steve's bottled water. Or Ebola ofr that matter. Crash and bleed on stage in fron t of millions of people, completely ruining his introduction of the new Macintosh Power Mac G5, called the UltraMac. He collapses on the floor leaking virus-laden fluids everywhere, "and one more thing..."
  • Reply 38 of 142
    [quote]Originally posted by Bozo the Clown:

<strong>Admit it. If they had pushed the keynote back you'd be coming to the same conclusions. (e.g. "The hardware is so new that it won't be ready for the 8th, that's why it's being moved to the ninth..")

</strong><hr></blockquote>

No we wouldn't. If the keynote was pushed back a day we would already see everything on the show floor. Kind of anti-climatic don't you think?
  • Reply 39 of 142
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Jesus you guys, I laughed outloud 3 times reading this thread... now everyone here knows I'm not working!!
  • Reply 40 of 142
    Something big has to happen...

Remember the last keynote? everyone was disappointed... Maybe not a lot of ppl plan to actual come to the expo... :-(

So, seeing low figures and in hope to get a lot more ppl during theses days, they're moving the keynote, discover a lot of new products (think, iApp, iMac and PowerMac) and tada! Crowd are coming! :-D

Sound logical, no? :-)

But it may also be just a security problem to keep under wrap all the news products ;-)