Apple's 'iPhone 6s' again said to be in production as parts leaks continue

Comments

• Reply 41 of 178
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Rogifan thinks Apple is a non-profit organization that should give the base iPhone 1TB of storage and free unlimited cloud. Guy is living a pipedream.

It's an amazing amount of disjointed logic with a huge heaped of entitlement despite the only issue being the user doesn't know how to use their device, and thinks it would be resolved if Apple just gave them shit for free. I think the only solution for Rogifan is to stop using technology all together.
  • Reply 42 of 178
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    So why doesn't your logic apply when they went 64GB instead of 32GB for the second tier phone?

No point in arguing. Anyone that doesn't agree with the base model iPhone being 16GB is a cheap bastard that should go buy an Android (apparently the only people who buy Android devices are cheap bastards).
  • Reply 43 of 178
    solipsismy wrote: »
    It's an amazing amount of disjointed logic with a huge heaped of entitlement despite the only issue being the user doesn't know how to use their device, and thinks it would be resolved if Apple just gave them shit for free. I think the only solution for Rogifan is to stop using technology all together.

So why is Apple going through all of the work of making the OS file size smaller, app thinning, allowing apps to be temporarily deleted to free up space etc.? According to you it's the users who are idiots that don't know how to properly mange storage.
  • Reply 44 of 178
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Rogifan thinks Apple is a non-profit organization that should give the base iPhone 1TB of storage and free unlimited cloud. Guy is living a pipedream.

But they did give the second tier people 32GB for free. [@]Rogifan[/@] is only asking for a measly 16GB more. That's not a unfair request. ;)
  • Reply 45 of 178
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Extra RAM or ROM is not replacement for icloud. Having backup like icloud is life saver for everyone when their hardware fail,lost,broken,stolen. As real life need demands, Apple will follow to upgrade as appropriate.
  • Reply 46 of 178
    rogifan wrote: »
    No point in arguing. Anyone that doesn't agree with the base model iPhone being 16GB is a cheap bastard that should go buy an Android (apparently the only people who buy Android devices are cheap bastards).

So you are not willing to pay $100 more to get the best phone in the world? Thats only pennies a day for a much better experience. If you are not willing to pay literally a few pennies more a day then yes you are a cheap bastard.

Since the 16GB is the most popular that means that there are millions upon millions of cheap bastards not willing to pay the extra $100.
  • Reply 47 of 178
    So why is Apple going through all of the work of making the OS file size smaller, app thinning, allowing apps to be temporarily deleted to free up space etc.?

HOW THE **** DOES ANY OF THAT FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY THE MORE EXPENSIVE TIERS?!
    According to you it's the users who are idiots that don't know how to properly mange storage

As I clearly stated (but didn't offer to you as a pop-up books so I can understand why you didn't understand) it's an issue with all people and all things where storage isn't infinite. You choose the storage you want to buy and then you have to manage it. If you put too much shit in, say, your 128GB iPhone that you then can't install an iOS update then it's not Apple's fault that you aren't knowledgable enough to take care of your own shit. The same goes with putting shit in your closet, under your bed, or even up your butt.

But they did give the second tier people 32GB for free. [@]Rogifan[/@] is only asking for a measly 16GB more. That's not a unfair request. ;)

1) The "they gave the 2nd tier 32GB for free so I should get an extra 16GB for free" is stupid logic and a stupid fucking request.

2) You want Apple to upgrade everyone to 32GB but that will cost money which will mean a reduction in some other advancement of a current HW feature or the exclusion of a new one. You then want this total HW stagnation on all devices, not just the low-end tier. You then also have to deal with the lower tier purchases from those that see $3 per GB as being good enough compared to the $2 per GB, with further hurts Apple's in what they will then want to do with their HW advancements and upgrades. And for what? So people who have more than enough room with 16GB get more space they simply won't use?
  • Reply 48 of 178
    Since the 16GB is the most popular that means that there are millions upon millions of cheap bastards not willing to pay the extra $100.

Ha, pretty much. Though I don't own the 16GB model so I guess I'm not one of them? But now that Apple has made iOS 9 file size smaller and is allowing apps to be temporarily deleted to free up space I guess there will be even more cheap bastards? Truthfully I think a big reason Apple is doing all that is because there are plenty of 8GB devices out there that will be eligible for iOS 9.
  • Reply 49 of 178
    wood1208 wrote: »
    Extra RAM or ROM is not replacement for icloud. Having backup like icloud is life saver for everyone when their hardware fail,lost,broken,stolen. As real life need demands, Apple will follow to upgrade as appropriate.

That's not what Phil Schiller said. He expects people to use iCloud as their storage instead of locally stored.
    The belief is more and more as we use iCloud services for documents and our photos and videos and music that perhaps the most price-conscious customers are able to live in an environment where they don't need gobs of local storage because these services are lightening the load
  • Reply 50 of 178
    Truthfully I think a big reason Apple is doing all that is because there are plenty of 8GB devices out there that will be eligible for iOS 9.

How is it you can make such stupid statements? :no:
  • Reply 51 of 178
    HOW THE **** DOES ANY OF THAT FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY THE MORE EXPENSIVE TIERS?!
    As I clearly stated (but didn't offer to you as a pop-up books so I can understand why you didn't understand) it's an issue with all people and all things where storage isn't infinite. You choose the storage you want to buy and then you have to manage it. If you put too much shit in, say, your 128GB iPhone that you then can't install an iOS update then it's not Apple's fault that you aren't knowledgable enough to take care of your own shit. The same goes with putting shit in your closet, under your bed, or even up your butt.
    The "they gave the 2nd tier 32GB for free so I should get an extra 16GB for free" is stupid logic and a stupid fucking request.

My point is if it's up to users to properly manage storage why is Apple going through all this work with iOS 9? If it was up to you you'd just tell people to learn how to manage their storage and not be fucking morons. ;)
  • Reply 52 of 178
    My point is if it's up to users to properly manage storage why is Apple going through all this work with iOS 9?

1) That was not the point of your initial posts.

2) The fact that they are doing all this, as well as not removing any devices from the line up this year, when these improvement will not directly help create a sale should be an indicator to you that Apple's goal clearly is to make the best products they can, not this ridiculously myopic goal of being greedy so everyone has to buy an upgraded device.
  • Reply 53 of 178
    How is it you can make such stupid statements? :no:

Huh? It's not rocket science. Apple wants as many people on iOS 9 as possible. One way to accomplish that is to make sure the file size is small enough so very few people run into storage issues when attempting to upgrade OTA.
  • Reply 54 of 178
    Huh? It's not rocket science. Apple wants as many people on iOS 9 as possible. One way to accomplish that is to make sure the file size is small enough so very few people run into storage issues when attempting to upgrade OTA.

OK, so you've moved from Apple is so support greedy and just wants everyone to buy a higher tiered device, then jumping though Apple wanting you to buy a new device every year, to now say Apple just wants everyone to be on iOS 9. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 55 of 178
    1) That was not the point of your initial posts.

2) The fact that they are doing all this, as well as not removing any devices from the line up this year, when these improvement will not directly help create a sale should be an indicator to you that Apple's goal clearly is to make the best products they can, not this ridiculously myopic goal of being greedy so everyone has to buy an upgraded device.

Well then I'm assuming Sog is opposed to all of it since it might keep some people from upgrading to 64GB or upgrading at all. ;)
  • Reply 56 of 178
    OK, so you've moved from Apple is so support greedy and just wants everyone to buy a higher tiered device, then jumping though Apple wanting you to buy a new device every year, to now say Apple just wants everyone to be on iOS 9. :rolleyes:

When did I say Apple wants people to buy a new device every year? :???:

Upselling is not a new concept and Apple certainly isn't the only company to employ it.
  • Reply 57 of 178

Ha, pretty much. Though I don't own the 16GB model so I guess I'm not one of them? But now that Apple has made iOS 9 file size smaller and is allowing apps to be temporarily deleted to free up space I guess there will be even more cheap bastards? Truthfully I think a big reason Apple is doing all that is because there are plenty of 8GB devices out there that will be eligible for iOS 9.

Watch everyone defending Apple for keeping 16GB as the base model then fellate them when they make it 32GB.
  • Reply 58 of 178
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Can you tell me how many people who bought a 16 GB or 8 GB iPhone knew what the size of the iOS 8 OTA update would be? When people are buying a phone last thing they should have to think about is will they have enough space to update the operating system.

Are you serious?

I ran out of space on a 64GB iPad, so much so that I couldn't receive the OTA iOS 8 update. Who's fault is that? Mine or Apple's? According to your flawgic, it would be Apple's fault because they didn't make the base model 128GB, and OTA updates are the last thing I should have to think about when buying my iPad. According to you, I am not at fault for filling up my iPad's storage, and I am not at fault to choosing the 64GB model. You have to agree with that, or else you disagree with your own logic.

• Reply 59 of 178
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

That's not what Phil Schiller said. He expects people to use iCloud as their storage instead of locally stored.

It wasn't prepared Q&A. That may be his diplomatic answer with some truth. The question was asked on the spot on stage. He should have said, icloud serves excellent purpose as disaster backup and many cross idevices sync functionalities that is best serve through icloud. Moreover, Iphone users who can't afford, don't need or care to use high storage iphone, icloud(free) can be an asset so 16GB is still good low end offering.

• Reply 60 of 178
    Watch everyone defending Apple for keeping 16GB as the base model then fellate them when they make it 32GB.

That's stupid. Apple will eventually change it, just as the minimum was 4GB and then 8GB, but this entitlement that they should change it because people on message boards don't want to pay over the minimum but need more room is fucking ridiculous.