Apple's 'iPhone 6s' again said to be in production as parts leaks continue

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 178
    fordeefordee Posts: 31member
    Actually with iOS 9, the OS and all apps will be smaller, so you will be able to get more out of a 16 GB phone.
  • Reply 162 of 178
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    There was no 128GB model last year and the 64GB user paid less this year.

I'm talking about the iPhone6. The iPhone6 came out last year, so I have no idea what you are talking about that there was no 128GB model.

You paid $100 to get an extra 48GB when you buy the 64GB.

Now you want to charge $100 to get an extra 32GB only when you buy the 64GB.

How the HELL do you think you can pull that shit off?

Never in the history of Apple have they charge MORE for less GB of memory for the same product generation line ( iphone4 vs 4S, ect)

So that's how you treat your customers who buy the most expensive product? By giving them LESS than last year?

If you are giving 16GB buyers and extra 16GB for free (by making the 32GB the bottom tier) you are not giving the 64/128 buyers NOTHING!!!!!

But what stupid ass pricing scheme.

AGain you plan won't work. Think of a better pricing tier strategy.

Your 'solution' is a piece of shit solution because:

1. 64/128 GB users are paying MORE for GB
    2. You are giving 16GB users FREE memory but not 64/128 users
    3. You are treating your best most valuable customers like CRAP (those who bought the higher margin products)

64/128 GB iPHone buyers are ALREADY getting screwed. Apple makes higher profits from the those two models than the 16GB models. BY FAR. They make 20-30% more profits from those models. Yet you want them to PAY EVEN MORE NOW!!!! And you want the 16GB models that have the LOWEST MARGINS BY FAR to get even more FREE MEMORY????? Do you know a FRICKEN THING about business!!!!

Seriously your 'solution' sucks ass. Get another one

When I say last year I mean the previous iPhone (5s). The iPhone 6 isn't a year old yet, and with the iPhone 6 the previous 64/32GB users got double the storage for free, so they got theirs already. Did you call that a dumb ass scheme? No, you were jumping for joy and clicking your heels.

I don't know what business classes you took, but you don't screw your biggest pool of customers, and then waste resources making sure that those customers can get updates. Yeah that's real smart.
  • Reply 163 of 178
    rogifan wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what some here will say when the new iPhones come with 2GB RAM. I've been told more times than I care to count that 1GB RAM is perfectly fine and any more than that will just allow developers to be lazy and develop inefficient apps. I will really LMAO if 16 gets bumped to 32 AND we get 2GB RAM.

People will say Apple did the research and made a decision with all the facts in mind.  Things change.  In 2014 the decision was made that 1GB was enough.  Will it be for 2016?  Apple will make that decision.  Do you not think that Apple spends HUNDREDS of MILLIONS each year testing the next iPhone to get the product just right?  Of course they do.  That's why the iPhone is the best selling smartphone of all time.

Why would it be such a surprise if Apple upgrades RAM and storage?  They have been doing it since the beginning of time.

The problem we have with people like you is when Apple does decide on a specific spec sheet you start to criticize them.  Do you seriously think YOU have more INFORMATION than Apple on the worldwide user base?  Really?  Are you really that arrongant to think you know Apple's WORLD WIDE customer base better than Apple?

So what now, Apple is infallible? Research is never wrong? Weren't you the one beating the drum that customers wanted larger screens. When it's a demand that you agree with it's alright, but when you don't it's not alright.
  • Reply 164 of 178
    So what now, Apple is infallible? Research is never wrong? Weren't you the one beating the drum that customers wanted larger screens. When it's a demand that you agree with it's alright, but when you don't it's not alright.

I never said Apple is infallible.  But I trust them more than a few random guys on a message board.  Especially when those random guys have no viable solution to this so called 16GB problem.

I did say Apple needed to bring out a bigger screen.  But I don't blame them for not bringing it out earlier.  The iPhone is on a two year cycle with an 'S' cycle to spread R&D costs/machine costs.  There was no way anyone could have predicted in 2011/2012 (when the iPhone5 was under development) that large phones would take off.  No one knew this, not even Samsung.  Samsung just got lucky since they make 1,000 different models.  Apple could have made a larger phone in 2013 instead of the 5S, but that would have cost a ton of money.  Plus it would be a rush job since they would only have a few months to design it since the big phone revolution did not really take off late 2012/early 2013.

Apple made a decision to hold off on releasing a larger phone until 2014 and trust that the fan base would be patient and wait for a polished product instead of a rushed product in 2013.  Looking at sales it sure looks like Apple made the right decision.

Show me where large phones 'took off', because Samsung was able to sell a few? All numbers indicated that the smaller form factor was most popular. What do sales show? iPhone sales were up like they were every previous year, and sales of the bigger Samsung Galaxy S have been on the decline after having initial success with the SGS 3.
  • Reply 165 of 178
    Show me where large phones 'took off', because Samsung was able to sell a few? All numbers indicated that the smaller form factor was most popular. What do sales show? iPhone sales were up like they were every previous year, and sales of the bigger Samsung Galaxy S have been on the decline after having initial success with the SGS 3.

4.7 phone is consider a large phone.

iPhone units from iPhone5 to iPhone5S only increased by 6% in the 2013 holiday quarter (from 48 million units to 51 million units)

iPhone units from iPhone5S to iPhone6 increased by an amazing 47% in the 2014 holiday quarter (from 51 million units to 75 million)

There are no premium phones at 4 inches or smaller.  That in itself is undeniable proof that larger screens (larger than 4 inches) dominate the high end market.

The S model always has a smaller increase then when a new model is introduced. Before the iPhone 6 the 4" model sold more in one quarter than most bigger phones sold in a year, so how can you say with a straight face that they dominated the market?
  • Reply 166 of 178
    The S model always has a smaller increase then when a new model is introduced. Before the iPhone 6 the 4" model sold more in one quarter than most bigger phones sold in a year, so how can you say with a straight face that they dominated the market?

WRONG.

When the 4S came out the holiday unit sales went up 128%
    Yet when the 5 came out it only went up 37%

At this point you are arguing just to argue.

Bottom line is there isn't a single premium 4 inch phone on the market right now.  NOT A SINGLE ONE.  Only a total idiot won't admit that phones larger than 4 inches are what the market wants.

Because it was available on more carriers, so of course the growth was going to be greater.
  • Reply 167 of 178
    Because it was available on more carriers, so of course the growth was going to be greater.

you keep making more and more excuses....just like Samsung.  You make excuses then you forget that the 5S had the benefit of ChinaMobile and NTT Docomo with the release of the 5S.  ChinaMobile is the largest carrier in the WORLD BY FAR.  Yet you forget to mention that.  And even with those two MASSIVE carriers, iPhone5S unit sales were up only 6% in the holiday quarter.

You have real problems son.

There isn't a SINGLE premium phone 4 inches or under sold in the market.  NOT. A. SINGLE.ONE.

Bigger phones have taken over the premium market.  PERIOD.

Again you are following the same pattern:  Totally ignoring FACTS and thinking your OPINION is more important than hundreds of millions of consumers.  You must be a god in your own mind.

Bigger phones is all that exist in the premium market so of course they've taken over, duh!!! If Apple had released another 4" phone it would dominate the high end market like it had done previously.
  • Reply 168 of 178
    Bigger phones is all that exist in the premium market so of course they've taken over, duh!!! If Apple had released another 4" phone it would dominate the high end market like it had done previously.

keeping tell yourself that myth.

use your brain son.

There is a very good reason why there isn't a 4 inch premium phone on the market.

And the iPhone5/5S did not dominate the high end market.  Samsung was very close in unit sales with their Galaxy/Note line in 2012 and 2013.  

But since the iPhone6 came out Samsung's profits are down 70% and Apple's are up 40%.  

But of course in your universe that is just a coincendence and not because large phones are what the market wants.

Are there accurate unit sales of Samsung devices?
    Since 2012/2013 Samsung has been losing sales. They quickly peaked and have been going down ever since. The market now has no choice but to buy large screen phones, but when they did have a choice the 4" iPhone was the most popular.
  • Reply 169 of 178
    Are there accurate unit sales of Samsung devices?

Since 2012/2013 Samsung has been losing sales. They quickly peaked and have been going down ever since. The market now has no choice but to buy large screen phones, but when they did have a choice the 4" iPhone was the most popular.

Look at Samsung's profits in their mobile division in 2012/2013.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5026224/samsung-announces-9-56-billion-in-profit-for-q3-2013

In the Sept2013 Quarter Samsung made $9.5 billion in operating profit. (this includes other divisions but mobile makes the most money by far)

Samsung's mobile profit for that quarter was about $5 billion.  Apple was probably about $7 billion.  Pretty close.

Now its not even close once the large phones came out.  Apple makes like 5x profit in mobile than Samsung.

Even AppleInsider admited that Samsung's profits were close to Apple:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/27/samsung-has-not-dethroned-apple-in-mobile-profits

"Looked at honestly, Apple and the entirety of Samsung Electronics are both making nearly equal amounts of money, but Samsung is relying on much larger volumes of lower quality products to keep up."

In the June2013 and Sept2013 both Samsung and Apple made about $10 billion in operating income.

But look what happenned with the first full quarter of iPhone6 sales:

Apple Dec2014 Qtr - $18 billion net income
    Samsung - $4.9 billion

Apple March 2015 Qtr - $13.6 billion net income
    Samsung - $4.3 billion

Do you even read what you write? In one sentence you say Samsung's profits are close to Apple's and a sentence later you write the Apple's profits are 5x that of Samsung's.
  • Reply 170 of 178
    Do you even read what you write? In one sentence you say Samsung's profits are close to Apple's and a sentence later you write the Apple's profits are 5x that of Samsung's.

I said Apple profits were close BEFORE the large iPhones came out.  Both had about $10 Billion in profit in Mar and Jun 2013 Quarter.

But after the iPhone6 came out Apple DESTROYED Samsung in profits.

learn to read.

Yes I misread, apologies. But speaking of reading, did you even read this from the link you provided?
    If you only compare the IM segment of Samsung that directly compares to Apple's business (iPhones, iPads, iPods and Macs), you get $6.28 T KRW ($5.64 billion) in operating profit (Samsung doesn't detail its taxes or net income for IM). That amounts to just 61 percent of Apple's total earnings.

That's not close, and what percentage of that came from the bigger screen phones. They weren't as popular as you think they were when you really breakdown the numbers.
  • Reply 171 of 178
    That's not close, and what percentage of that came from the bigger screen phones. They weren't as popular as you think they were when you really breakdown the numbers.

All of Samsung's high margin smartphones are large phones (larger than 4 inches)

Do you really think they made their big profits from selling $200 'smartphones'?

It's a fraction of what Apple was making with smaller phones and now Samsung is losing money just as fast as they made money with them.
  • Reply 172 of 178
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member

If the new phones are really in production and iOS9 is not yet ready, how do they flash all those produced phones with the latest iOS9 build before shipping? Are they sitting somewhere unboxed, then packaged later? Just wondering.

• Reply 173 of 178
    It's a fraction of what Apple was making with smaller phones and now Samsung is losing money just as fast as they made money with them.

Wrong.  Like I said in Jun 2013 both Apple and Samsung made $10 billion in operating profit.

Even Appleinsider admitted this:

"Looked at honestly, Apple and the entirety of Samsung Electronics are both making nearly equal amounts of money, but Samsung is relying on much larger volumes of lower quality products to keep up."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/27/samsung-has-not-dethroned-apple-in-mobile-profits

That includes products that Apple doesn't make. We're speaking of mobile profits alone, and Samsung didn't make that much with their high end phones.
  • Reply 174 of 178
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

That includes products that Apple doesn't make. We're speaking of mobile profits alone, and Samsung didn't make that much with their high end phones.

In fact, they make virtually ALL their money with their high-end phones.

• Reply 175 of 178

More proof (or common sense) its high end phones that make money.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/29/samsung-q3-2014/

"That's not a bad haul for most companies in the July to September period, but last year Samsung proudly celebrated a record profit of [SIZE=18px]$9.6 billion[/SIZE] and now it's down to [SIZE=20px]less than half that[/SIZE]. Now the company is breaking down the reasons behind the drop, and [SIZE=24px]everything starts with the flagship Galaxy S smartphones.[/SIZE] "

More proof

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-v-apple-smartphone-sales-and-profits-2014-10

Samsung reported a staggering 20% drop in sales and an even worse 49% collapse in its profits because its [SIZE=24px]flagship Galaxy S5 phone saw big declines in the latest quarter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=24px]MORE PROOF[/SIZE]

SAMSUNG HAS WARNED investors that its second quarter earnings will be "doesn't look too good", which could be due to slowing sales of the firm's [SIZE=22px]Galaxy S5 smartphone.[/SIZE]

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2352262/samsung-warns-of-poor-q2-due-to-slowing-galaxy-s5-sales

You don't hear any Samsung executive say their profits are down because they did not sell enough Samsung Array $200 phones.

Samsung's profits were dropping well ahead of the iPhone 6 going on sale.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/24/technology/samsungs-profit-drops-as-apple-squeezes-mobile-sales.html?referrer=

One isn't going to start losing profits if they're selling something everyone is clamoring for.
  • Reply 176 of 178
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

If the new phones are really in production and iOS9 is not yet ready, how do they flash all those produced phones with the latest iOS9 build before shipping? Are they sitting somewhere unboxed, then packaged later? Just wondering.

I think so. I've seen photos of the manufacturing where they move the phones around in trays with 10 up compartments like this.

Then there is this photo of iPhone 5c being tested at Pegatron.

• Reply 177 of 178
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

keeping tell yourself that myth.

use your brain son.

There is a very good reason why there isn't a 4 inch premium phone on the market.

And the iPhone5/5S did not dominate the high end market.  Samsung was very close in unit sales with their Galaxy/Note line in 2012 and 2013.  

But since the iPhone6 came out Samsung's profits are down 70% and Apple's are up 40%.  

But of course in your universe that is just a coincendence and not because large phones are what the market wants.

I suppose it depends on a person's definition of "dominate." But in the U.S. even the 5c outsold the competition. Not sure how it did internationally. Apple owned the top 3 spots domestically. Being over 70 myself, I do look to the iPhone 6 and 6+ sizes for easier reading and most other applications, but I don't care for the larger dimensions for pocketing and holding up to the side of my head.

With the general population Baby Booming older, I can see how the iPhone 6 and 6+ will increasingly be popular... But there is also a downward-age-demand of iPhones. I see more younger-aged kids sporting the iPhone 5. Middle school and elementary aged kids with iPhones... I would have never expected those age groups to get "wired in" so quickly. These younger users need the 4" sized iPhones to fit their hands and clothing pockets. I really believe this continent needs at least two sizes of cell phone handsets, and maybe even a minimum of three.

I'd bet on Apple keeping all three sizes after the next release announcement later this year.