Apple Store employees allegedly profile black students as potential thieves

Comments

• Reply 121 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Getting trained, and putting that training to work are 2 very different things. A 5 hour class isn't going to change deep seeded feelings.

You keep demonstrating your bigotry by making assumptions about details which you do not have the slightest actual knowledge or evidence of.

• Reply 122 of 173
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    ewtheckman wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Getting trained, and putting that training to work are 2 very different things. A 5 hour class isn't going to change deep seeded feelings.

You keep demonstrating your bigotry by making assumptions about details which you do not have the slightest actual knowledge or evidence of.

I made a general statement that is void of details. I don't have enough information to make any assumptions about the training of the people in the video.
  • Reply 123 of 173
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member

How the hell do you even "steal" anything from an Apple Store, beyond breaking into the backroom when it's closed and stealing boxed stock? Every single item on display is connected by a security ribbon, and there are guards at the door. It's not that easy to steal something, and if you do, it will be a used product, which the store is insured on anyway. This pre-emptive "you have to leave cause you might steal" is horse-shit. Its not the store employee's job to try to predict who might and might not steal. 

• Reply 124 of 173
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I don't have enough information to make any assumptions about the training of the people in the video.

And yet you keep spouting exactly those kinds of assumptions.

• Reply 125 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

How the hell do you even "steal" anything from an Apple Store, beyond breaking into the backroom when it's closed and stealing boxed stock? Every single item on display is connected by a security ribbon, and there are guards at the door. It's not that easy to steal something, and if you do, it will be a used product, which the store is insured on anyway. This pre-emptive "you have to leave cause you might steal" is horse-shit. Its not the store employee's job to try to predict who might and might not steal. 

There are boxed products on the floor; just not the really expensive stuff likes computers, iPads, and iPhones. Even for some of the smaller expensive stuff it seems possible to do a grab and dash, especially if you have help (as in a group of people with you).

• Reply 126 of 173
    why-why- Posts: 305member
    [quote]
    Mike Brown: Claims be being shot "'cause racism". Turns out he tried to grab the officer's gun and was actively charging him when shot
    [/quote]

There is no evidence to claim that Mike Brown grabbed the officer's weapon. There are no fingerprints on the gun and no gunpowder residue on Brown's body.
    Also the fact that the body was found 145 feet away from the officer's SUV and that the autopsy showed a bullet entry in the palm indicates Brown had his hands in the air and was surrendering
  • Reply 127 of 173
    Originally Posted by why- View Post

…the autopsy showed a bullet entry in the palm indicates Brown had his hands in the air and was surrendering

Stop now, go read about the topic, and then come back and retract this.

• Reply 128 of 173
    Stop now, go read about the topic, and then come back and retract this.

...why would I retract the truth?
  • Reply 129 of 173

...why would I retract the truth?

Because it’s definitionally not the truth, as literally every single person involved in the matter has testified and all autopsies and scientific evidence proved. Stop spewing lies and educate yourself.

The foundation of the “Black Lives Matter” movement was predicated on a LIE.

• Reply 130 of 173
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because it’s definitionally not the truth, as literally every single person involved in the matter has testified and all autopsies and scientific evidence proved. Stop spewing lies and educate yourself.

The foundation of the “Black Lives Matter” movement was predicated on a LIE.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?_r=0

Autopsy ?supporting the claims I made. Bullet entry in the palm, no gunpowder residue on the body. If you have any proof to back up what you're saying in lieu of angry protestation I'd love to see it

• Reply 131 of 173

Autopsy ?supporting the claims I made.

The autopsy supports no such claims. The witnesses support no such claims. It didn’t happen. STOP LYING. Stop supporting a movement that was created to defend LIES.

The Department of Justice investigation into the shooting determined that witnesses who corroborated Darren Wilson's account were credible while those who incriminated him were not. The witnesses that claimed Brown was surrendering or did not move toward Wilson were not credible; the report stated that their claims were inconsistent with the physical evidence, other witness statements, and in some cases prior statements from the same witness. No witness statements that pointed to Wilson's guilt were determined to be credible. Twenty-four statements were determined to lack any credibility, while eight which were found credible corroborated Wilson's account. Nine did not completely contradict nor corroborate Wilson's account. Several witnesses reported fear of reprisals from the community for providing evidence that corroborated Wilson's account.

• Reply 132 of 173

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The autopsy supports no such claims. The witnesses support no such claims. It didn’t happen. STOP LYING. Stop supporting a movement that was created to defend LIES.

Did you not click the link?

Quote:

As you can see, a bullet entered through the palm of his hand

Quote:

The bullets did not appear to have been shot from very close range because no gunpowder was present on his body

And there's that.

• Reply 133 of 173
    Quote:

As you can see, a bullet entered through the palm of his hand

And there's that.

You need to read the report by the Department of Justice. It can be found here.

The portion dealing with the autopsy begins on page 17. And I quote…

Quote:

Of the eight gunshot wounds, two wounds, a penetrating gunshot wound to the apex of Brown’s head, and a graze or tangential wound to the base of Brown’s right thumb, have the most significant evidentiary value when determining the prosecutive merit  of this matter. The former is significant because the gunshot to the head would have almost immediately incapacitated and immobilized Brown; the latter is significant because it is consistent with Brown’s hand being in close range or having near-contact with the muzzle of Wilson’s gun and corroborates Wilson’s account that Brown struggled with him to gain control of the gun in the SUV.

The skin tags, or flaps of skin created by the graze of the bullet associated with the right thumb wound, indicate bullet trajectory. They were oriented toward the tip of the right thumb, indicating the path of the bullet went from the tip of the thumb toward the base. Microscopic analysis of the wound indicates that Brown’s hand was near the muzzle of the gun when Wilson  pulled the trigger. Both AFMES and SLCME pathologists observed numerous deposits of dark  particulate foreign debris, consistent with gunpowder soot from the muzzle of the gun embedded in and around the wound. The private forensic pathologist called it gunshot residue, opining that Brown’s right hand was less than a foot from the gun. The SLCME pathologist opined that the muzzle of the gun was likely six to nine inches from Brown’s hand when it fired. AFMES  pathologists opined that the particulate matter was, in fact, soot and was found at the exact point of entry of the wound. The soot, along with the thermal change in the skin resulting from heat discharge of the firearm, indicates that the base of Brown’s right hand was within inches of the muzzle of Wilson’s gun when it fired. AFMES pathologists further opined that, given the tangential nature of the wound, the fact that the soot was concentrated on one side of the wound, and the bullet trajectory as detailed below, the wound to the thumb is consistent with Brown’s hand being on the barrel of the gun itself, though not the muzzle, at the time the shot was fired.

The presence of soot also proves that the wound to the thumb was the result of the gunshot at the SUV. As detailed below, several witnesses described Brown at or in Wilson’s SUV when the first shot was fired, and a bullet was recovered from within the driver’s door of the SUV. There is no evidence that Wilson was within inches of Brown’s thumb other than in the SUV at the outset of the incident. Additionally, according to the SLCME pathologist and the  private forensic pathologist, a piece of Brown’s skin recovered from the exterior of the driver’s door of the SUV is consistent with skin from the part of Brown’s thumb that was wounded. It is therefore a virtual certainty that the first shot fired was the one that caused the tangential thumb wound.

As you can see, every claim you have been making about the autopsy is FALSE.
  • Reply 134 of 173

a bullet entered through the palm of his hand

Which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your claims. Try again.

• Reply 135 of 173
    Which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your claims. Try again.

If you review my original post, I claimed the bullet went through his hand. The idea that this means his hands were up is a suggestion, not a claim
  • Reply 136 of 173
    This is a horrible thing for them to experience. They were customers with Apple products
    and racially profiled, though many here don't know what that means and have never experienced it.
    Apple could be sued for this. The customers did nothing out of the ordinary different than any other customers, except for well being black and that appeared to make them a target. The manager's case wouldn't hold up in court, classic profiling, their behavior was normal they were shopping and confronted asked to leave, because the color of their skin was considered a threat. They didn't even respond confrontational, but wisely returned and recorded the conversation, knowing their rights. As it is not 1950 any more. But enough of me explaining racial politics to those who don't have reason. Apple opened themselves to a potential lawsuit. The apology was forced and insincere.
  • Reply 137 of 173
    Quote:

If you review my original post, I claimed the bullet went through his hand. The idea that this means his hands were up is a suggestion, not a claim

Did you even read the part of the DOJ report that I quoted? The bullet did not go through his hand. There was gunshot residue. Both facts contradict claims you made.

• Reply 138 of 173

The idea that this means his hands were up is a suggestion, not a claim

Nice backpedaling. You’re still wrong. The court still ruled correctly. Black Lives Matter is STILL predicated on a lie.

Originally Posted by Danielle725 View Post

...racially profiled... The customers did nothing out of the ordinary... 

I don’t see how you can say this.

As it is not 1950 any more.

*GASP* IT’S THE CURRENT YEAR! THE CURRENT YEEEEEAR!

• Reply 139 of 173
    Nice backpedaling. You’re still wrong. The court still ruled correctly. Black Lives Matter is STILL predicated on a LIE

Thanks

So do you you believe that black lives don't matter?
  • Reply 140 of 173
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    This is a horrible thing for them to experience. They were customers with Apple products
    and racially profiled, though many here don't know what that means and have never experienced it.
    Apple could be sued for this. The customers did nothing out of the ordinary different than any other customers, except for well being black and that appeared to make them a target. The manager's case wouldn't hold up in court, classic profiling, their behavior was normal they were shopping and confronted asked to leave, because the color of their skin was considered a threat. They didn't even respond confrontational, but wisely returned and recorded the conversation, knowing their rights. As it is not 1950 any more. But enough of me explaining racial politics to those who don't have reason. Apple opened themselves to a potential lawsuit. The apology was forced and insincere.

I've been saying this all along. I can understand if they became hostile when told that their presence was worrisome, and told that they had to leave, but they acted like gentlemen.

Nothing about their behavior, demeanor, nor form of dress suggests that they were a threat to steal something.