college football 2003-2004

Comments

• Reply 81 of 132
    Yep both bills. There is the one pill, it's kind of a bright red like say Nebraska red on one half and the other half is kind of a dark red, almost a Sooner red. But not quite a Sooner red, maybe Texas AM red? And then there is the other pill. It's kind of an orange, same color on both ends of the pills. I wouldn't call it a burnt orange, more like the same color of orange that those funny cowboy guys were wearing in both 2001 and 2002 when they beat the Sooners upside the head. Sometimes I can't bring myself to take the medicine, whenever I ingest it it brings this sharp pain right into the pit of my stomach, an unbearable pain. It's like reliving through the John Blake years all in an instant.
  • Reply 82 of 132
    i feel for you man. maybe you should take the burnt orange colored pill. oh yeah, i forgot, that one just gets your hopes up only to be rudely diappointed on oct. 11. what a shame.
  • Reply 83 of 132
    I assure you that I won't be disappointed on October 11th. Now maybe on October 10th...

Anyway, Sooners should win by 14 but you never know. I'm looking forward to this weekend. Lots of good games. TX versus OK. MN gets a chance to prove themselves a bit against MI. BYU versus CSU is an under the radar winners. Sparty goes roadtrippin. Cavaliers on the roads as well, either gettin upset or helpin Tommy B get the axe. Miami-FSU of course. Auburn at Arkansas. KState at OK State could be interestin. Maybe Southern Miss hands sorry ass Alabama another L. PSU losing to Purdue. Oregon at ASU. Florida gettin smacked around by LSU. Osama's gonna outlast Zook fo sho. Another Domer loss at Pitt. Nebraska in Misery. GA at TN. Bucknuts gotta go to WI. Didn't realize that OSU ever played any road games anymore. And of course, the Game of the Week, Northwestern versus Indiana. Tadow! I better get out a spreadsheet right now and plan my day.
  • Reply 84 of 132
    pretty fun filled weeked, i must say. my sooners looked down right scarry against texas. hopefully we can remain focused on what lies ahead and finish up in the NC game. as far as texas goes, i would not be suprised if mac brown is gone after this season, but more than likely they'll give him one more year to try and right the ship. i was hoping that miami would lose, but now i think i'd preffer that they win out and face us in the sugar bowl. i would love to see oklahoma stomp the shit out of them. would be a great game to watch.
  • Reply 85 of 132
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    OUCH!
  • Reply 86 of 132
    It's hard to tell who looked scarier, Texas or Oklahoma. I suppose it depends on whether you are a Texas fan or a fan of a team that has to play Oklahoma. Frightening either way.

Best games this week are the Big Tens. Iowa v. Ohio State, Sparty v. Minnesota and Wisconsin v. Purdue IIRC.

In all seriousness I don't think Oklahoma would stomp the shit out of Miami. They'd have to be favored but I doubt it would be an asskicking. You're entitled to your opinion otherwise though.
  • Reply 87 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

In all seriousness I don't think Oklahoma would stomp the shit out of Miami. They'd have to be favored but I doubt it would be an asskicking. You're entitled to your opinion otherwise though.

what i'd like to see and reality are not always the same thing. but sometimes it works out and the gods smile upon you, as in the case of the OU/texas game. miami is a very, very good team to be sure, with a ton of talent, i just think we match up very well against what they bring to the table. any who, that's all wishfull thinking at this point. we still need to get through the rest of season first.
  • Reply 88 of 132
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    i don't think any team this year is going to go unbeaten.

i think miami will be knocked off by virginia tech and OU, hell, i don't know.
  • Reply 89 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

i don't think any team this year is going to go unbeaten.

i think miami will be knocked off by virginia tech and OU, hell, i don't know.

could happen. miami still has some pretty tough teams ahead. v-tech and pitt spring to mind. OU has stumbled the last 2 years, all to teams that shouldn't have beat them. focus boys, focus. v-tech has to play wv, miami, pitt and bc. there's a loss in there some where i'm betting.that leaves tcu and n. illinois. please.
  • Reply 90 of 132
    Pitt is a media creation. They played one nice game which they still lost and were otherwise a very average team last year. They didn't deserve the preseason hype and the losses to Toledo and Notre Dame seem to support that. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to beat either Eskimo Tech or Miami.

Eskimo Tech has a history of fading down the stretch and soundly crushing the Montana School for the Deaf with aplomb before losing to the leetest of the leet. Excepting of course when Vick was there although even then they didnt really beat anyone. I'll take Miami for the Sugar or at least to beat VT. Someone find me Beamer's record against top ten teams, I need more data.
  • Reply 91 of 132
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    When/if you look at Beamer's past data keep in mind that he was under recruiting restrictions part of that time. The part when I was a student there\
  • Reply 92 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

OUCH!

need a hug? \
  • Reply 93 of 132
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Since we're on the topic of OU (and the fact that I'm too lazy to look up stats) which teams have beaten OU in the past? I'm not sure if anyone could pull an upset...Texas Tech maybe? To be honest, I'm more of a Big 10 guy than a Big XII.
  • Reply 94 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Since we're on the topic of OU (and the fact that I'm too lazy to look up stats) which teams have beaten OU in the past? I'm not sure if anyone could pull an upset...Texas Tech maybe? To be honest, I'm more of a Big 10 guy than a Big XII.

Texas A&M (when OU was ranked #1) and OSU beat them last year.
  • Reply 95 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

Texas A&M (when OU was ranked #1) and OSU beat them last year.

and the year before that it was a number 2 ranked nebraska team and okie state, those bastards. we have osu and atm at home this year as well as a tough missouri club. i bet stoops and co are looking for redemtion on a biblical level with those guys. could be brutal if the boys remain focused. tech could pose some problems, but they haven't been able to do much against us in years, i doubt that changes.
  • Reply 96 of 132
    oooh we've been stickied.
  • Reply 97 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

tech could pose some problems, but they haven't been able to do much against us in years, i doubt that changes.

tech aint gonna do anything to OU. against a good defense, they fall apart. once they start playing good teams, tech will drop in the rankings faster than we did.
  • Reply 98 of 132
    ooops, we been unstickified.
  • Reply 99 of 132
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm not saying Tech will provide OU with a real challenge, but they are playing better this year than they were last year. Symons is proving to be a better quarterback than Kingsbury was. With the gaudy numbers Kingsbury was putting up, though, how would Leach thing Symons would actually execute the system better?

Tech is one to watch out for, in my opinion, moreso than the popular Oklahoma State pick.
  • Reply 100 of 132
    it will be in lubbock as well, not a fun place to play. no doubt that they are firing on all cylinders this years and i'm sure they will be ready to play. symons is putting up some very nice numbers but they really haven't faced a decent defense yet this year and OU knows that spread pretty well. i don't think there will be much in the way of suprises. OU by 20+.