college football 2003-2004

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

could be worse. you could be an aggie. \

not to rub it in alliance, but what the hell happened to your team? it really seemed like your boys just gave up after the first snap. no way we should score that many on you guys. the horns and tech, sure, but not you guys. what gives?
  • Reply 122 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

not to rub it in alliance, but what the hell happened to your team? it really seemed like your boys just gave up after the first snap. no way we should score that many on you guys. the horns and tech, sure, but not you guys. what gives?

RC, that piece of shit, left us without a defense or an offensive line. everyone on our team is a freshman--so basically, no one knows how to do anything. also, it looks like the team has given up for the year after the to tech earlier in the season. it's pathetic to watch em now, but they should be pretty good in 2 years, if not next year.

this was the worst loss in school history (second was by 48 points in 1898 or somethin) and first time to ever give up over 60 points. also, it's gonna be the first time in my lifetime for the aggies to have a losing season.

it feels so good to be part of history...
  • Reply 123 of 132
    chin up. at least you got a solid coach now. things will look much better next year, i'm sure. give fran some time to get his system in place and to recruit his players and you'll be back in the mix and ready to kick the horns in the nuts. i know how you feel after the coaching fiascos we had to endure. blake about ruined us. thank goodness someone had the smarts to hire stoops. bless you bob, bless you.
  • Reply 124 of 132
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    scissors:

Quote:

no way we should score that many on you guys. the horns and tech, sure, but not you guys. what gives?

I appreciate a good dig, but come on now. Even an okie knows that A&M has been Tech and UT's bitch for quite a number of years now.

--

alliance:

Quote:

RC, that piece of shit, left us without a defense or an offensive line. everyone on our team is a freshman--so basically, no one knows how to do anything.

So did R.C. beat OU last year with a national championship team or something?

If no one knows how to do anything that is Dennis Franchione's fault. He has been in Aggieland for over 11 months now.

I'm not really sticking up for R.C. on any moral level, Dennis seems to be working the A&M program over harder than I thought R.C. was so, by all means, stay on the Dennis bandwagon and pump some sunshine. Keep Dennis.

And I know about teams giving up. 65-13 to OU where my UT squad looked like it just wanted to go home wasn't so long ago. But after that game we've nutted up and played well. A&M has looked like the walking dead since squeaking past Arkansas State.

Quote:

also, it looks like the team has given up for the year after the to tech earlier in the season. it's pathetic to watch em now, but they should be pretty good in 2 years, if not next year.

Teams give up when the coaching is bad. A&M hasn't looked good all year.

I don't think Dennis will make A&M a contender. He was given an amazingly low bar this year and is managing to limbo under even that.

R.C. was consistently pulling in Top25 recruiting classes. Better classes than OSU and Tech, I might add.
  • Reply 125 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

scissors:

I appreciate a good dig, but come on now. Even an okie knows that A&M has been Tech and UT's bitch for quite a number of years now.

you know i can't resist throwing a little love your way from time to time. all in good fun. besides it's all cyclical. you had our number not to long ago, and slocum co. had yours not long before that. fran will turn it around i think. it may take a couple years or three, but he'll do it.
  • Reply 126 of 132
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Anyone else find it hilarious that Miami lost to Tennesse?

I don't know if USC is going to make it as far as people are saying. Heck, I don't even know why LSU is ranked as high as they are.
  • Reply 127 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

alliance:

So did R.C. beat OU last year with a national championship team or something?

If no one knows how to do anything that is Dennis Franchione's fault. He has been in Aggieland for over 11 months now.

I'm not really sticking up for R.C. on any moral level, Dennis seems to be working the A&M program over harder than I thought R.C. was so, by all means, stay on the Dennis bandwagon and pump some sunshine. Keep Dennis.

And I know about teams giving up. 65-13 to OU where my UT squad looked like it just wanted to go home wasn't so long ago. But after that game we've nutted up and played well. A&M has looked like the walking dead since squeaking past Arkansas State.

Teams give up when the coaching is bad. A&M hasn't looked good all year.

I don't think Dennis will make A&M a contender. He was given an amazingly low bar this year and is managing to limbo under even that.

R.C. was consistently pulling in Top25 recruiting classes. Better classes than OSU and Tech, I might add.

it's almost as if you don't go to a&m and haven't seen how things go on here. oh yeah, that's right. you haven't.

ignorance is bliss, no?

all of our upperclassmen were either drafted by the nfl, graduated, or got hurt throughout this season. we have a team on the field that has absolutely NO experience. the injuries were not RCs fault, but he left us with NO depth due to crappy recent recruiting. don't give me that shit about his top25 recruiting classes--he didn't do anything with them. do you realize that this season we had a top 10 recruiting class? yeah, a lot of good it does us when they're all redshirted. and those who aren't are playing as if they've never been on a football field. our loss wasn't due entirely to lack of experience, of course. but we do have a solid nucleus that will take time to develop. anyone who thought, at the beginning of the season, that we could beat OU is an idiot. we don't have the weapons that we did last season, nor the advantage of being at Kyle field, nor the surprise attack of Reggie, which OU was not prepared for.

you said, "teams give up when the coaching is bad." does that mean that your beloved mack brown is a bad coach? he's not the best coach out there, but he aint bad. the reason you came back after that OU loss strong was because you have much more experienced talent against lesser opponents. our schedule this season is quite a bit tougher than yours is, so stop making bogus comparisons. you came back and beat baylor. we can say the same thing. big deal. we also beat up on kansas. yay...

your victory over nebraska was solid, i'll give you that. but again, you have better players to work with than we do this year. you SHOULD be better than us. we have terribly inexperienced players who constantly looked confused. that will change with time. to say otherwise is simply ignorance.
  • Reply 128 of 132
    running with scissors:

Quote:

besides it's all cyclical.

Exactly! You land thieves are going to need two more decades of Stoops to even up the series.

Quote:

fran will turn it around i think. it may take a couple years or three, but he'll do it.

I don't think he will. I don't think he's got what it takes. His team doesn't want to play for him.

It happens to every coach from time to time but they have quit on him multiple times this year. I just don't think he's an Aggie type.

--

alliance:

Quote:

all of our upperclassmen were either drafted by the nfl, graduated, or got hurt throughout this season.

I don't need to be on your campus to know that.

All teams get players drafted, all teams get injuries. All teams have players run out of eligibility.

Your talent sucks, absolutely, but that has more to do with injuries and development than RC. And past that, you have 6-6 or 7-5 talent, not 4-8 talent.

Quote:

we have a team on the field that has absolutely NO experience.

Starters.

Offense: QB-SO, TB-JR, FB-SR, WRs-JR/SR/JR, TE-JR, C- JR, G-SR/SO, T-SR/FR

One freshman. Two sophomores.

Defense: DE-SO/SR, DT-SO/JR, LB-FR/SR/SR, CB-SR/JR, S-SO/SO

One freshman. Four sophomores.

Just for comparison let's do UT.

Offense: QB-FR, TB-JR, FB-JR, WR-SR/SR/SR, TE-SO, C-JR, G-SO/SR, T-FR/SO

Two freshmen. Three sophomores.

Defense: DE-SR/FR, DT-SR/SO, LB-SR/SO/JR, CB-SR/SO, S-SO/JR

One freshman. Four sophomores.

HMM!

Quote:

don't give me that shit about his top25 recruiting classes--he didn't do anything with them. do you realize that this season we had a top 10 recruiting class? yeah, a lot of good it does us when they're all redshirted.

Is it RC's fault that Dennis hasn't been able to develop them in the last 11 months? What does RC doing something with talent have to do with anything?

The whole "new system" thing is garbage. They've had Dennis for a year.

Quote:

anyone who thought, at the beginning of the season, that we could beat OU is an idiot.

Beating OU and losing 77-0 are two entirely different stories.

Quote:

you said, "teams give up when the coaching is bad." does that mean that your beloved mack brown is a bad coach?

The 65-13 ass-whipping was the result of HORRIBLE coaching. Just horrible horrible coaching. Total lack of instilling fundamentals and failure to get the team to play hard.

But we're 8-2 with dominating wins over Top 25 teams. So I'm not ready to paint Mack with the FRANtic brush.

Quote:

our schedule this season is quite a bit tougher than yours is, so stop making bogus comparisons.

You have a tougher schedule, absolutely, but it's not like last year where you're barely losing. A&M is getting consistently waxed hard.

A&M is a poorly-coached team.

Quote:

that will change with time.

Barring something dramatic, it will be quite a few years.
  • Reply 129 of 132
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Anyone else find it hilarious that Miami lost to Tennesse?

I don't know if USC is going to make it as far as people are saying. Heck, I don't even know why LSU is ranked as high as they are.

I hated that Miami lost to Tennessee. Being a UF student and Gator fan, that loss hurt our SEC championship chances greatly, along with that FSU loss.

LSU won everything except when they lost to Florida... so I can see why they should be ranked as high as they are (besides, the higher they are, the more fractional 'quality points' we get deducted )

Bleh, at least UF is the best team in the state of Florida (I don't care what the rankings say).
  • Reply 130 of 132
    If I've said it once, I've said it somewhere between 65 and 13 times: Mack Brown is a in genius. He's so smart that he was able to figure out how all these games were gonna play out and how he could lose two games and still make the national championship game. So he plotted to fake getting his ass kicked by Mobilehoma so as to build overconfidence in his Sugar Bowl opponent. He's like Miss Cleo and Amos Alonzo Stagg all wrapped up in one and his press conferences make him sound like an effiminate politician to boot. Can there be any doubting that he is in fact the second coming? Soon this four year strategy of psychological warfare will culminate in a burnt orange national championship and at every 7-11 throughout the land there will be maroon clad OU graduates crying tears for 24 hours that day, at least when they're not ringing up slurpees that is.
  • Reply 131 of 132
    YEAH!
  • Reply 132 of 132
    wow.