Is the 15inch AlPB really coming soon?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 556
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SerpentFruit

Uhh, is that the Director's cut of Gigli?

The director's cut is blank. But I can throw in a $20 gift certificate for Krispy Kreme if that sweetens the deal?
  • Reply 22 of 556
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Over at the Macintoshian Achaia at Ars Technica, the members are anxiously watching the order status of one Brian's 12" PowerBook.

Amorph, I just LOVE the first post on that page you linked to.

You just don't read quality posts like that too often.

• Reply 23 of 556
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Im guessing we will see them this friday.
  • Reply 24 of 556
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NEMESIS

Im guessing we will see them this friday.

Why?
  • Reply 25 of 556
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Why?

Just Guessin. Are you gettin one?
  • Reply 26 of 556
    I think they are coming really quickly. I've been waiting for weeks now and have told my vendor the minute it's announced I want one overnighted -- apparently he's got a few more people who are in the same boat and has them on a call list.

During my conversation with him today he indicated that he got a rather cryptic e-mail that indicated they were absolutely not to give any discounts on an item number that corresponds to the 15" Powerbook.

It could just be management at the company going off the same sort of rumors and innuendo that the rest of the Apple Net is. I've heard that the resellers, even the major ones (which this one qualifies as), don't know beforehand.

Or it could be them laying the groundwork for an announcement in the next couple of days.

Either way, discounts or no discounts, the minute it hits the shelf I'm buying.

It's funny, I was in the Apple Store in the Galleria Mall in Houston and told the guy I was waiting on the 15" update and he smiled and said, "Ah, the Golden Unicorn."

We'll see. I just hope for the best
  • Reply 27 of 556
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Just Guessin. Are you gettin one?

As soon as I hear they are announced and I can get to a computer I will order one. I am just waiting for the upgrade because I need a computer but badly want a new one, so I wait an loose out on small bits of money as we speak.
  • Reply 28 of 556
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

I just bought a 12 inch PowerBook a few weeks ago. I am not thrilled with it. Is the 15 inch PG coming out soon? Anyone want a 3 week old PB? LOL

greggW, if you are serious, i'm in the market for a cheap 12. let me know.
  • Reply 29 of 556
    I do not know how cheap it would be. Make me a reasonable offer that does not include horrible movies and nasty dounuts!
  • Reply 30 of 556
    Quote:

I do not know how cheap it would be. Make me a reasonable offer that does not include horrible movies and nasty dounuts!

heh, well what specs it got?
  • Reply 31 of 556
    there should be a another forum for this...

Sell your used Macs!

Oh yeah, I think it's called ebay. Ha!

I wanna mac, I wanna mac, I wanna mac hey hey hey HEY!
  • Reply 32 of 556
    Quote:

There is NOTHING nasty about Krispy Kreme doughnuts...HOW DARE YOU!!!
  • Reply 33 of 556
    According to the latest MacMall catalog new PowerBooks are due out any day...
  • Reply 34 of 556
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

According to the latest MacMall catalog new PowerBooks are due out any day...

What? I just checked their website and it says usually ships next day and no mention of new powerbooks. What does the magazine say?
  • Reply 35 of 556
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

...but there's probably a more mundane (and more likely!) explanation than that.

Maybe to let the first shipping G5s have a week of press all to themselves?
  • Reply 36 of 556
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

I seriousy thought the same thing.
  • Reply 37 of 556
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

yep. that's what I'm thinking. They probably don't want to draw any attention away from the G5 at least until they've hit Apple store availability... I know I'm seriously considering getting one instead of a PB... I mean 1 Ghz front side bus, up to 8 gb of RAM! Not to mention a G5 PROCESSOR!!!!

But then, portability is a big thing for me, and the PB's are just sooooo freakin' cool. Everybody would just salivate over my Tibook when I first bought it. Alas! I will have to make a choice!
  • Reply 38 of 556
    Quote:

Originally posted by RANSOMED

yep. that's what I'm thinking. They probably don't want to draw any attention away from the G5 at least until they've hit Apple store availability... I know I'm seriously considering getting one instead of a PB... I mean 1 Ghz front side bus, up to 8 gb of RAM! Not to mention a G5 PROCESSOR!!!!

But then, portability is a big thing for me, and the PB's are just sooooo freakin' cool. Everybody would just salivate over my Tibook when I first bought it. Alas! I will have to make a choice!

I wouls suggest waiting for powerbooks unless you absolutly need massive processing power. There is something about portability that just rocks.
  • Reply 39 of 556
    Quote:

What? I just checked their website and it says usually ships next day and no mention of new powerbooks. What does the magazine say?

The latest print catalog shows their "unveiling" photo that is used whenever new Apple products are announced, typically right after an expo or event but too soon to show the actual new products at print time. In the caption it says something about the new portables for professionals and to call for details. Obviously they were expecting them too. I'm thinking no later than Tuesday as a result. Am I the only one who got this catalog?
  • Reply 40 of 556
    I can scan it on Monday as I don't have it here with me but maybe they will have been announced by then anyway. Crossing fingers.