Bustamante was (is?) a racist

Comments

• Reply 161 of 227
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Giving something LEGAL to someone who is ILLEGAL is an act of CONDONING the ILLEGAL behavior.

Your "agnostic" system condones ILLEGAL behavior.
  • Reply 162 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Giving something LEGAL to someone who is ILLEGAL is an act of CONDONING the ILLEGAL behavior.

Your "agnostic" system condones ILLEGAL behavior.

For arguments sake, in my ideal world a drivers license would mean nothing more that 'this person is licensed to drive', which I think is the same view that Bunge is trying to put forth.

Unfortunately use of a drivers license, as a form of postive ID for many other activities, has become so pervasive this is impossible.

After learning more about the system in California, thanks to Trumptman, I'm convinced that SB60 is nothing more than a vote grab without any solid reasoning behind it.

I see exactly where you're coming from, BR, but much like a fishing license only grants you the right to fish (within certain guidelines) I would like to see a system in which a drivers license is only a legal document insofar as it allows you to legally drive.

It condones the illegal behaviour as much as the lack of enforcement of businesses which hire illegal immigrants.

If SB60 fails to pass, that will only be a small piece of the puzzle falling into place. There is obviously much work to be done to prevent the influx of illegal immigrants, but at least one incentive will be taken away from them.
  • Reply 163 of 227
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

For arguments sake, in my ideal world a drivers license would mean nothing more that 'this person is licensed to drive', which I think is the same view that Bunge is trying to put forth.

Unfortunately use of a drivers license, as a form of postive ID for many other activities, has become so pervasive this is impossible.

After learning more about the system in California, thanks to Trumptman, I'm convinced that SB60 is nothing more than a vote grab without any solid reasoning behind it.

I see exactly where you're coming from, BR, but much like a fishing license only grants you the right to fish (within certain guidelines) I would like to see a system in which a drivers license is only a legal document insofar as it allows you to legally drive.

It condones the illegal behaviour as much as the lack of enforcement of businesses which hire illegal immigrants.

You are correct. A drivers license should be like a fishing license, and no more. And I've said probably 10 times that SB60 sucks monkey anuses, but that bill isn't really the issue. I don't think anyone here likes it.

BR, in your example a grocery store that allows an illegal alien to buy Cheetos is condoning an illegal activity. The government letting illegals walk on publicly owned sidewalks is condoning illegal activity. There's no way/reason to check passports when people walk down the street or try to by toilet paper.
  • Reply 164 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

You are correct. A drivers license should be like a fishing license, and no more. And I've said probably 10 times that SB60 sucks monkey anuses, but that bill isn't really the issue. I don't think anyone here likes it.

BR, in your example a grocery store that allows an illegal alien to buy Cheetos is condoning an illegal activity. The government letting illegals walk on publicly owned sidewalks is condoning illegal activity. There's no way/reason to check passports when people walk down the street or try to by toilet paper.

Now I know why bunge smells the way he does.

I see there haven't been any illegal toilet paper purchases by you this month.

Nick
  • Reply 165 of 227
    Quote:

Yes, because cheetos are legal documents. Don't be a dumbass.
  • Reply 166 of 227
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

And remember a drivers license shouldn't be used for anything else. Everyone should get a passport so they can get a can of beer.

Nick
  • Reply 167 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

And remember a drivers license shouldn't be used for anything else. Everyone should get a passport so they can get a can of beer.

Nick

No. Everyone should get a passport so they can travel. You know ... the reason they created passports to begin with.
  • Reply 168 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

BR, it's hilarious to me that you'll condemn me for making a general negative statement about an unknown group but then turn around and attack me personally. It's beautiful. I welcome myself to your world of hypocrisy.

Here's what you said:

Quote:

Giving something LEGAL [cheetos] to someone who is ILLEGAL is an acto of CONDONING the ILLEGAL behavior. Use your deductive reasoning skills.
  • Reply 169 of 227
    Quote:

No. Everyone should get a passport so they can travel. You know ... the reason they created passports to begin with.

I was just having some fun. The thread gets a little irreverent every once in a while.

But the part about bunge not using toilet paper, well that part is totally serious.

The reason you would need the passport is because you are "traveling" to the liquor store. What should happen if someone stopped you along the way?

Nick
  • Reply 170 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

I was just having some fun. The thread gets a little irreverent every once in a while.

Sorry.

Quote:

But the part about bunge not using toilet paper, well that part is totally serious.

Not sure I want to know how you know that!

Quote:

The reason you would need the passport is because you are "traveling" to the liquor store. What should happen if someone stopped you along the way?

That's why you would also be issued with a walking permit. Yes, it gets confusing, expensive, and hard to find a big enough wallet but you're covered for almost anything.
  • Reply 171 of 227
    Quote:

Sorry.

Not sure I want to know how you know that!

That's why you would also be issued with a walking permit. Yes, it gets confusing, expensive, and hard to find a big enough wallet but you're covered for almost anything.

I would have to know what sort of background information is required for these walking permits before I could support them.

You never know who might be walking...

Nick
  • Reply 172 of 227
    Quote:

BR, it's hilarious to me that you'll condemn me for making a general negative statement about an unknown group but then turn around and attack me personally. It's beautiful. I welcome myself to your world of hypocrisy.

My apologies. I forgot which board on which I was posting. I usually don't see dumbass statements like that here and when I do elsewhere I call them out on it.

Quote:

Giving something LEGAL [cheetos] to someone who is ILLEGAL is an acto of CONDONING the ILLEGAL behavior. Use your deductive reasoning skills.

Legal government issued identification. OK? And don't you dare try to say that a driver's license is not a form of ID because dammit it is even under your silly agnostic driver's license scheme. It identifies the person as one who can drive.
  • Reply 173 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

It identifies the person as one who can drive.

Bingo.
  • Reply 174 of 227
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Exactly.

But you guys are discussing something that will never come to pass.

If anyone of you in Los Angeles listen to KFI talk radio and specifically the John & Ken Show, you'd know that they are working directly with the people who started the Save Our License site to gather enough signatures to stop SB60 and put it to a vote by the people.

SB60 will get crushed when it is decided by the voters and rightly so.

So many of you guys are now making sense I dont even have to say anything! Cake, are you a member of F.A.I.R.? If not, please sign up and hopefully some of the rest here. If we don't organize as much as the illegal alien lobby we'll never get anywhere:

http://www.fairus.org

Lets hope Cali can get back to reality.............................
  • Reply 175 of 227
    Quote:

Bingo.

• Reply 176 of 227
    Quote:

Yes, laugh all you want. What I stated there does not in any way shape or form contradict my position.

IT IS A LEGAL IDENTIFICATION OF ONE WHO CAN DRIVE.

GIVING ANY LEGAL IDENTIFICATION TO AN ILLEGAL ALIEN IS AN ACT THAT CONDONES ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

It's that simple.
  • Reply 177 of 227
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Yes, laugh all you want. What I stated there does not in any way shape or form contradict my position.

IT IS A LEGAL IDENTIFICATION OF ONE WHO CAN DRIVE.

GIVING ANY LEGAL IDENTIFICATION TO AN ILLEGAL ALIEN IS AN ACT THAT CONDONES ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

It's that simple.

Do you always yell when you do something stupid, like trip over a crack in the sidewalk or say something you didn't mean to?
  • Reply 178 of 227
    Quote:

Do you always yell when you do something stupid, like trip over a crack in the sidewalk or say something you didn't mean to?

Do you always make dumbass retorts?
  • Reply 179 of 227
    yelling or not I completely agree with BR with this issue.

Fellows
  • Reply 180 of 227
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by steve666

If we don't organize as much as the illegal alien lobby we'll never get anywhere:

The illegal alien lobby.

It's interesting, no matter what the country, nationalist always talk lunatic nonsense. When times are getting hard, the immigrants are always blamed too.